Breeze Airways

Transportation topics in KC
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Breeze Airways

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Breeze Airways is a newer airline founded in 2018 by David Neeleman, who was a founder of JetBlue. The airline doesn't serve Kansas City (clearly) but for some reason, one of their planes was parked at the Wheeler Airport today. I think it was just there getting maintenance, but I do wish they'd launch operations from Kansas City. That's unlikely to happen since KC isn't really an underserved market, but they do serve places like Palm Beach, Las Vegas, San Francisco, LA, and New York.

Surely a long-shot, but if they wanted to set up operations here, and didn't want to go to the new Airport (because of costs), I wonder if Wheeler could support Breeze with minimal retrofitting.

Beyond my personal hopes, it was interesting to see this pane parked here since its just one of 22 Breeze planes out there right now (75 additional planes are on order with 73 of those being Airbus A220s and 2 being Embraer 195s). The current 22 are made up of 7 A220s, 10 E190s, and 5 E195s.

The plane seen here arrived early this morning from St. Louis. FlightRadar says its been back and forth to Spirit of St. Louis airport the past few days.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: Breeze Airways

Post by beautyfromashes »

Could they possibly be in negotiations to add Kansas City to their list of cities? I know there are some cities they fly to that we don't have non-stops to. I don't believe we have directs to Charleston or Norfolk. I remember at one time we didn't have a New Orleans nonstop. Might be a good addition.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

^I'd hope they're having some sort of discussion. I did learn that these flights are chartered, which is how it ended up here and at Spirit of St. Louis
droopy
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by droopy »

Could it have been related to NASCAR this past weekend? I noticed several larger than normal jets at the airport and figured it was related to the race.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

It ended up sitting here for 3 days. Maybe they needed some kind of work done on it. Or it was a cheap place to park it. I’m pretty sure it has zero do do with service coming here.