aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: New Chiefs Stadium

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:07 pm
aknowledgeableperson wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:05 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:10 pm

I was using a generic example as 2.5M per game is actually about the worst in the league.

2019 Royals. (28th in the league)
Average attendance: 18,267
Average ticket price: $33.12
Revenue per home game: $3,098.765.43
Gate receipts per home game: $604,938.27
Yearly gate receipts: $49,000,000
Food and merchandise revenue per home game: $2,493,827.16
Yearly food and merchandise revenue: $202,000,000
What happened to parking revenue? That’s at least one item.
What is your source for the numbers?
Parking is included in that revenue per home game stat. Along with other items like sponsorship etc.

There are several articles out there about revenue sharing which this information can be found in. One thing I’m not sure about is local TV deals and if that total is in these figures.
Your revenue per home game is the total of Foor and Merchandise along with Gate Receipts. So with your computation those other revenues are not included in your revenue per home game.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

I mean at this point just merge the Chiefs & Royals stadium threads
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:41 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:07 pm
aknowledgeableperson wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:05 pm

What happened to parking revenue? That’s at least one item.
What is your source for the numbers?
Parking is included in that revenue per home game stat. Along with other items like sponsorship etc.

There are several articles out there about revenue sharing which this information can be found in. One thing I’m not sure about is local TV deals and if that total is in these figures.
Your revenue per home game is the total of Foor and Merchandise along with Gate Receipts. So with your computation those other revenues are not included in your revenue per home game.
I’m confused. Not sure what you’re asking or saying.

The total revenue is gate receipts, which is its own category combined with everything else. Everything else includes f&b, merch, parking, novelties etc. I assume they also break down their sponsorship dollars and local TV deals by home game but no way to verify that.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:33 am

The total revenue is gate receipts, which is its own category combined with everything else. Everything else includes f&b, merch, parking, novelties etc. I assume they also break down their sponsorship dollars and local TV deals by home game but no way to verify that.
This is what your data showed.

"Food and merchandise revenue per home game: $2,493,827.16"

Just food and beverage, not everything else.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Looks like Nashville is going to get a new stadium.
A new home for the Tennessee Titans could cost between $1.9 billion to $2.2 billion, according to a Tennessean report, which cites team and state finance department documents.

The Titans estimate that a domed, 1.7 million-square-foot football stadium would take 31 months to build and be ready for the 2026 season, according to the report. The cost of a new development around the stadium could reach $4 billion, paid for by a combination of public and private investments.

The report comes comes after the Titans’ owners pledged $700 million toward the stadium, and Gov. Bill Lee proposed $500 million in state funding for the project.

The Titans’ current home, Nissan Stadium, was built in 1999, making it one of the older stadiums in the NFL.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Nashville is also pursuing an expansion MLB team
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

freedog wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:15 pm Nashville is also pursuing an expansion MLB team
Good, then half this message board can stop regurgitating the "rOyAls cOuLd mOve tO nAsHviLle" BS that was never true anyway
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Goonies wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:43 am
freedog wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:15 pm Nashville is also pursuing an expansion MLB team
You sure it will be an expansion team? If I had to guess I would say the A's are done in Oakland
A's are locked in to go to Las Vegas if they move. If a team goes to Nashville it *might* be the Rays but they also seem to be interested in Montreal or building a new stadium in Tampa.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:53 pm
DColeKC wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:33 am

This is what your data showed.

"Food and merchandise revenue per home game: $2,493,827.16"

Just food and beverage, not everything else.
That’s what my data showed because that’s what data is available. I’m not sure exactly what is included. $138/person per game isn’t as high or unreasonable as you might think. I’m sure those numbers include parking and some other things.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

Nashville is about to overcook itself faster than Vegas did with new stadiums & everything.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:50 pm Nashville is about to overcook itself faster than Vegas did with new stadiums & everything.
Agreed. Which is why I’m skeptical.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

KC sports execs talk turkey on new stadiums at Downtown Council luncheon
Donovan said the Chiefs have commissioned a financial study upward of $500,000 on future Arrowhead Stadium options. Afterward, he said, the team will look at ways it could renovate the venue to last another 50 years, after its lease with Jackson County expires in 2031. Officials will weigh pros and cons while mapping out "other scenarios," too.
But Donovan made a point to underscore Arrowhead's special nature to Kansas City, fans and the Hunt family — "That's their dad's building. That's going to play a factor in all of this."
Donovan said that having baseball in Downtown "is where it belongs," quickly adding, to crowd laughter, "not just because it frees up more options for us at Arrowhead."
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... y7axpiN48k
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Like I’ve said, Arrowhead isn’t going anywhere and they’re just playing the game now before needing more public money for future renovations. It’s smart to piggy back off the royals and let them be the bad guy.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

If I had to bet right now, I don't think the Chiefs are just going to do a renovated Arrowhead. I'm not predicting where a new stadium would go I just don't see them being content with bolting more onto the current structure.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Nashville & Buffalo are getting new stadiums. Our own division just got two incredible ones opened. Yeah I think get a new one.
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

Goonies wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:55 am
DColeKC wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:53 am Like I’ve said, Arrowhead isn’t going anywhere and they’re just playing the game now before needing more public money for future renovations. It’s smart to piggy back off the royals and let them be the bad guy.
They aren't going to be able to built anymore luxury suites in that stadium.
Is there demand for more with fewer corporate $?
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

Goonies wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:55 am
DColeKC wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:53 am Like I’ve said, Arrowhead isn’t going anywhere and they’re just playing the game now before needing more public money for future renovations. It’s smart to piggy back off the royals and let them be the bad guy.
They aren't going to be able to built anymore luxury suites in that stadium.
I once was shown a pic of a second tower that looks mostly similar to the big one they've already built on the other side of the tower. It could happen.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Sports betting dead in Missouri. Think KS will use that to try to get the Chiefs?
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

freedog wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:56 pm Sports betting dead in Missouri. Think KS will use that to try to get the Chiefs?
Yep. And Kansas looks poised to pass it. How fucking stupid is Missouri. Jeez this is a no-brainer.

And yeah..they might lose the Chiefs over this too.

All these pro-sports teams WANT to be in states with legal gambling. I mean this is really really bad for Missouri.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Sports Gambling is now LEGAL in Kansas!

Governor Kelly will sign the bill and it's done. Millions of $ into a Chiefs stadium fund, and now able to entice the Chiefs with legal gambling in its state. Huge, huge win for KS over MO. Missouri decided today they didn't want to pass it.