New Chiefs Stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Re: New Chiefs Stadium

Post by rxlexi »

Also re: locker rooms, I believe the Chiefs locker room was heavily renovated recently (and looks top notch), while the visitor locker room is still dingy old stadium style. Considering this survey was sent to players across the league the low score maybe makes sense in that context.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

It's also sent in the context of the reports on Washington and their owner using the club as a piggy bank.

The owners extract a huge amount of money out of these franchises every year and the players want more.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

WoodDraw wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:42 pm It's also sent in the context of the reports on Washington and their owner using the club as a piggy bank.

The owners extract a huge amount of money out of these franchises every year and the players want more.
Sometimes a lot of the money is in the team's value, not cash flow, so owners try to maximize that by lower payrolls and investment. AKA David Glass.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Last edited by langosta on Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

langosta wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:15 pm What new stadium would you want in KC?

Would we take the new Bills stadium for our own?

Nashville would be great if Chiefs went near downtown
Nashville setup in Harlem with a pedestrian bridge to the southside of the river is my dream

It’s not like we can do much else with that area due to the airport and railroads
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

I think there's next to no chance of the latter and very much the former, although I know what I'd prefer. The car centric tailgate culture is too strong here.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

I have zero interest in a new stadium. With a new stadium we will not get the same seating layout/bowl design because modern codes won't allow it. Look at how much farther back the upper deck is at the new Giants vs old Giants stadium despite being a similar number of seats, that's what will 100% happen to us with a new stadium. We would be throwing away an iconic design that is also why our stadium is so loud and famous and push fans farther away from the field. A new stadium could potentially kill the atmosphere and turn us into Dallas (BARF!)

All we need to do is a remodel, add another suite tower on the north side to mirror the south tower, rebuild all the bathrooms, make the oval videoboards bigger, we have some of the smallest video boards in the NFL.

Things we absolutely need to save: the round ramps. I love walking down the ramps after a game and banging on the metal.

And if the Royals move downtown, I'd also like to see the Chiefs save some of the K. Obviously the upper deck and lots of stuff needs to go to cut down on maintenance costs, but if they could save the iconic outfield fountains and lower bowl to use that as a pregame festive grounds that could be surrounded by shops/restaurants like what the Patriots have. maybe cut it down to 5 to 10,000 seats to use as a concert venue and maybe steal the Monarchs from KCK. Heck, maybe UMKC could add a baseball team and play there. That way minor league/college baseball would be bringing 100s to a few thousand people there on a regular basis to bring regular crowds into a stadium shopping center that would be open year round.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

There's not too much you can really do for the Chiefs since they don't want consider moving anywhere urban.

The only thing that can happen now is add a roof, and build some stores around the complex after the Royals leave. The only really cool thing would be adding a streetcar line out there. But beyond that, the Chiefs situation is pretty uninteresting because there's not much creativity involved in an NFL complex. At best it's just a roof & some stores. At worst you're cannibalizing downtown. Royals situation is much more exciting!
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Last edited by langosta on Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I imagine to bring Arrowhead up to the standards that meet a modern stadium they would have to remove and rebuild the lower bowl. Might have to play some games in Kauffman or at KU.

The upper bowl is what can't be replaced, or replicated.

Wish they could rebuild the lower bowl before the World Cup.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

shinatoo wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:01 pm I imagine to bring Arrowhead up to the standards that meet a modern stadium they would have to remove and rebuild the lower bowl. Might have to play some games in Kauffman or at KU.

Most any normal D1 CFB stadium could do it but KU is so bad they couldn't hold the Chiefs. They're also getting a rebuild. But neither would Kauffman really make sense so I'm not sure what to do on that one...
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:17 pm
shinatoo wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:01 pm I imagine to bring Arrowhead up to the standards that meet a modern stadium they would have to remove and rebuild the lower bowl. Might have to play some games in Kauffman or at KU.

Most any normal D1 CFB stadium could do it but KU is so bad they couldn't hold the Chiefs. They're also getting a rebuild. But neither would Kauffman really make sense so I'm not sure what to do on that one...
The football field fits in Kauffman easily. You could build a 20k temp stand like they used to have at municipal and seat around 55k. Bring back the Wolf Pack! Mizzou would be the next closest option.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

shinatoo wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:48 pm

The football field fits in Kauffman easily. You could build a 20k temp stand like they used to have at municipal and seat around 55k. Bring back the Wolf Pack! Mizzou would be the next closest option.
I know they could fit a football field there but do we really want our dynasty Chiefs & Mahomes being played there...I don't.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:55 pm
shinatoo wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:48 pm

I know they could fit a football field there but do we really want our dynasty Chiefs & Mahomes being played there...I don't.
I'm talking about 4 or 5 games while they do a remodel, not moving into Kauffman in lew of Arrowhead.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I feel like the Chiefs have to have some major plan cooking but since they are just going to stay at TSC there isn't much leaking going on. Like take the biggest NFL stadium idea you've seen in the US (not necessarily price wise like sofi) and double it. I feel like that's what they are just going to unless and drop everybody's jaws.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

I see Kemper/Hy-Vee Arena is up for sale. I'd happily see that and the American Royal flattened to make way for a new Chiefs stadium.
bspecht
New York Life
New York Life

Post by bspecht »

Rusty Irish wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:13 pm I see Kemper/Hy-Vee Arena is up for sale. I'd happily see that and the American Royal flattened to make way for a new Chiefs stadium.
It is not for sale. Sounds terrible. The arena is now an active regional attraction nearly every weekend.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Hunt responded by saying he realizes the Chiefs have outgrown the 75,000 square-foot, three-story office space of their facility, which was built in 1991.
“One of the things I’ve been amazed by in my short tenure leading the team is how the overall staff has grown — and that’s the front office on the business side as well as the football staff,” Hunt said. “We designed the (renovated) practice facility that we’re in now about 16 years ago. We thought we designed it with a lot of flexibility and excess space to grow into. We’re pretty much filling up all that space.

“If there are things we can improve, we’ll do that. In the long range, those things will be fixed.”
More updates that need to be made outside of the stadium itself. Additionally, on his most recent podcast Nate Taylor indicated we'll more than likely hear what the plan for the Chiefs in 2024

https://archive.ph/leG6A#selection-2351.267-2351.418
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

If you are the chiefs do you use the draft hype to announce your plans for a new or renovated stadium?