Kansas City 2022 Predictions

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Kansas City 2022 Predictions

Post by KCPowercat »

Post your predictions for the city/metro here.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: Kansas City 2022 Predictions

Post by AlkaliAxel »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:04 pm Post your predictions for the city/metro here.
Chiefs win the Super Bowl in February

South Loop cap gets announced

I'm too afraid to make a prediction on the World Cup...
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

We are awarded the World Cup
We lose at least one KCATA executive/employee to Washington DC working under Mayor Pete.
Royals ownership announces plan to move DT asking for no money from citizens except road and utility improvement and TIF designation on their surrounding apartments.
Waddel & Reed building is fully leased by the end of the year with anchor tenant taking rooftop signage.
Plaza is sold to real estate investment firm with foreign connections bringing new influx of tenants unfamiliar to local residents.
UMKC joins the Missouri Valley conference and begins construction on new, on campus basketball arena. Talk about starting a football program surfaces.
The American Royal announces plans to return to Kansas City in the 2023 year with sponsorship from Boulevard Brewery.
The Buck O'Neil bridge is torn down.
Chiefs go to the Super Bowl with a rematch of Super Bowl I against the Packers with a similar result.
Major money raising campaign by the WWI Museum begins to triple the size of the museum and revitalize PVP.
Problems with ownership threaten to kill the Current arena on the riverfront but new owners are found and the plan goes forward.
A Target is still not announced by the end of the year. Rumors on three different locations fall apart.
A love affair is uncovered between council members to everyones shock.
Biden's approval ratings start to gain but are still very low until a major world crisis (Russia attacks Ukraine or China attacks Taiwan) sends it plummeting.
The 2024 election is scrambled when Trump announces he'd rather not run.
Elon Musk loses half his fortune and moves back to Africa to live in solitude.
Medical emergency forces Cleaver to resign after being absent for several months. Lucas is his replacement.
Home Depot closes in Midtown due to massive amount of theft. It takes 12 seconds after the annoucement for people to start mentioning Target.
Nicolas Cage is awarded Best Actor for Pig, the majority of people at home make a face like, "what is THAT movie? Never heard of it!".
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

We’re not losing to the Packers in the Super Bowl. We’re alot more talented than them.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Here are my predictions...
1. 45th and Main (former Holiday Inn site) project revealed with an iconic design. Disappoints in terms of height. Still a good addition overall.
2. Another apartment project is announced at Berkley Riverfront and brings a higher quality design than the Union or Core.
3. Kansas City picks up a direct flight to Europe, in particular either Paris or London, as both a response to St. Louis getting a flight to Germany and, most importantly, part of the continued rebuilding of the KCI image as a result of the new airport.
4. 1400 Baltimore/Waddell and Reed building picks up a major tenant kicking off the office building at Freighthouse Village and 13th and Wyandotte.
5. Strata proposal dropped, replaced by a Cordish-backed hotel project. Likely in-partnership with Loews (think Live! By Loews).
6. Concept East-West Streetcar alignments revealed. Project advances to the next phase of the process to begin seeking public input to choose the best route.
7. KC awarded World Cup.
8. South Loop Cap formally announced with a phased approach, construction begins by the end of the year on the portion between Main and Walnut with additional portions being built over time.
9. Oak Tower renovation announced to restore it to its former glory with a celebration by KCRag users who dreamed of this day.
10. More developments announced that incorporate affordable housing components as a result of the incentive rules. Politicians declare it as a major victory. Proves that Kansas City is still a hot city and set to get even hotter.
11. Congressman Cleaver announces his retirement. Quinton Lucas runs for Congress and ends up winning.
12. COVID declared an "endemic", life returns to normal as a result.
13. I become a full-time KC resident.
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:30 pm Here are my predictions...

Let’s hope :)
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:58 pm We lose at least one KCATA executive/employee to Washington DC working under Mayor Pete.
Do I get points for this? I wonder how long before Gerend is gone. Streetcar initial build and expansion probably a really good resume draw.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:58 pm Biden's approval ratings start to gain but are still very low until a major world crisis (Russia attacks Ukraine or China attacks Taiwan) sends it plummeting.
This was your best one. Scary accurate.
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

1. 45th and Main (former Holiday Inn site) project revealed with an iconic design. Disappoints in terms of height. Still a good addition overall.
2. Another apartment project is announced at Berkley Riverfront and brings a higher quality design than the Union or Core.
3. Kansas City picks up a direct flight to Europe, in particular either Paris or London, as both a response to St. Louis getting a flight to Germany and, most importantly, part of the continued rebuilding of the KCI image as a result of the new airport.
4. 1400 Baltimore/Waddell and Reed building picks up a major tenant kicking off the office building at Freighthouse Village and 13th and Wyandotte.
5. Strata proposal dropped, replaced by a Cordish-backed hotel project. Likely in-partnership with Loews (think Live! By Loews).
6. Concept East-West Streetcar alignments revealed. Project advances to the next phase of the process to begin seeking public input to choose the best route.
7. KC awarded World Cup.
8. South Loop Cap formally announced with a phased approach, construction begins by the end of the year on the portion between Main and Walnut with additional portions being built over time.
9. Oak Tower renovation announced to restore it to its former glory with a celebration by KCRag users who dreamed of this day.
10. More developments announced that incorporate affordable housing components as a result of the incentive rules. Politicians declare it as a major victory. Proves that Kansas City is still a hot city and set to get even hotter.
11. Congressman Cleaver announces his retirement. Quinton Lucas runs for Congress and ends up winning.
2. The Lux Lixing proposal while not a high-rise, is still a step above Union/Core. Accurate
3. Not quite there but the $5 million incentive is probably the final missing piece for this to happen. Anxious for the fall schedule release.
8. Announced!
9. Proposal announced!
12. Accurate
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

I’d say my 6, 10, and 13 predictions still have a good shot at happening. 13 for sure. Prediction 4 could partially happen. We’re about halfway through the year.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

AlkaliAxel wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:32 pm
beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:58 pm Biden's approval ratings start to gain but are still very low until a major world crisis (Russia attacks Ukraine or China attacks Taiwan) sends it plummeting.
This was your best one. Scary accurate.
I sure wish this wasn't my most accurate. Can't have everything good throughout a given year. Let's hope we get some better news than what is happening currently.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:58 pm We are awarded the World Cup
We lose at least one KCATA executive/employee to Washington DC working under Mayor Pete.
Royals ownership announces plan to move DT asking for no money from citizens except road and utility improvement and TIF designation on their surrounding apartments.
Waddel & Reed building is fully leased by the end of the year with anchor tenant taking rooftop signage.
Plaza is sold to real estate investment firm with foreign connections bringing new influx of tenants unfamiliar to local residents.
UMKC joins the Missouri Valley conference and begins construction on new, on campus basketball arena. Talk about starting a football program surfaces.
The American Royal announces plans to return to Kansas City in the 2023 year with sponsorship from Boulevard Brewery.
The Buck O'Neil bridge is torn down.
Chiefs go to the Super Bowl with a rematch of Super Bowl I against the Packers with a similar result.
Major money raising campaign by the WWI Museum begins to triple the size of the museum and revitalize PVP.
Problems with ownership threaten to kill the Current arena on the riverfront but new owners are found and the plan goes forward.
A Target is still not announced by the end of the year. Rumors on three different locations fall apart.
A love affair is uncovered between council members to everyones shock.
Biden's approval ratings start to gain but are still very low until a major world crisis (Russia attacks Ukraine or China attacks Taiwan) sends it plummeting.
The 2024 election is scrambled when Trump announces he'd rather not run.
Elon Musk loses half his fortune and moves back to Africa to live in solitude.
Medical emergency forces Cleaver to resign after being absent for several months. Lucas is his replacement.
Home Depot closes in Midtown due to massive amount of theft. It takes 12 seconds after the annoucement for people to start mentioning Target.
Nicolas Cage is awarded Best Actor for Pig, the majority of people at home make a face like, "what is THAT movie? Never heard of it!".
Time for Grades!

1. Yes sir!
2. Yes
3. Half point, because they did announce and say private money would cover the private development
4. Yes
5. Nope..sadly
6. No
7. No
8. Half point, they did say they're gonna let the bridge just go
9. Nope
10. No
11. Nope
12. Yes
13. No, but does the love affair between DCole & Link2 count?
14. Yes...weird how you called Ukraine happening
15. Nope
16. Half point, he did lose a shitload of his fortune this year but stayed in USA
17. Nope
18. No
19. No, but solid movie

6.5/19...not bad!
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

7. KC awarded World Cup.
1. No, unfortunately
2. Yes
3. Nope, sadly still
4. Yes. I'll give full points for this
5. No
6. Yes
7. Yes sir!
8. Half point, it was announced
9. No, I think?
10. Yes, I think?
11. No
12. Yes
13. Yes

5.5/13....not bad!

Someone pls make a 2023 predictions post.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

10 is a no.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:58 pm yes We are awarded the World Cup
close We lose at least one KCATA executive/employee to Washington DC working under Mayor Pete.
yes, in process Royals ownership announces plan to move DT asking for no money from citizens except road and utility improvement and TIF designation on their surrounding apartments.
yes Waddel & Reed building is fully leased by the end of the year with anchor tenant taking rooftop signage.
no, drats! Plaza is sold to real estate investment firm with foreign connections bringing new influx of tenants unfamiliar to local residents.
no UMKC joins the Missouri Valley conference and begins construction on new, on campus basketball arena. Talk about starting a football program surfaces.
no The American Royal announces plans to return to Kansas City in the 2023 year with sponsorship from Boulevard Brewery.
yes The Buck O'Neil bridge is torn down.
no Chiefs go to the Super Bowl with a rematch of Super Bowl I against the Packers with a similar result.
no Major money raising campaign by the WWI Museum begins to triple the size of the museum and revitalize PVP.
no Problems with ownership threaten to kill the Current arena on the riverfront but new owners are found and the plan goes forward.
yes? A Target is still not announced by the end of the year. Rumors on three different locations fall apart.
??? A love affair is uncovered between council members to everyones shock.
yes Biden's approval ratings start to gain but are still very low until a major world crisis (Russia attacks Ukraine or China attacks Taiwan) sends it plummeting.
no The 2024 election is scrambled when Trump announces he'd rather not run.
half right? Elon Musk loses half his fortune and moves back to Africa to live in solitude.
no Medical emergency forces Cleaver to resign after being absent for several months. Lucas is his replacement.
no Home Depot closes in Midtown due to massive amount of theft. It takes 12 seconds after the annoucement for people to start mentioning Target.
no Nicolas Cage is awarded Best Actor for Pig, the majority of people at home make a face like, "what is THAT movie? Never heard of it!".
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

UMKC Roo wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:30 pm
9. No, I think?
Updates to the way Missouri grades buildings for its Historic Preservation Tax Credit Program may need to happen for this one to kickstart
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

what kind of person starts this thread and doesn't post their own predictions?
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:27 pm what kind of person starts this thread and doesn't post their own predictions?
Some power hungry cat from KC with alot on his plate would be my guess.
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!