New Riverfront Women's Soccer Stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: New Riverfront Women's Soccer Stadium

Post by TheSmokinPun »

normalthings wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:17 pm Sporting was 10-11k per game before stadium. Current is 7500 avg. this year. The same stadium induced growth would result in a 12-14k seat average. So current may be under sizing
Standing room for big games & playoffs, sure, but they're aiming at a good number to focus on. NWSL attendance, outside of the regular Portland soccer anomaly, isn't that great. They mainly just need to hope that people don't abandon the league for all the awful news that has come out recently or the league dies because of all of it.

But the popularity isn't going anywhere within 5 years. Just silly & ignorant of all the growth the sport has made in the past decade.
Last edited by TheSmokinPun on Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Chris Long, the guy who owns the team & stadium, said his vision is that eventually people can arrive to the games by boat.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

UMKC Roo wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:05 am Chris Long, the guy who owns the team & stadium, said his vision is that eventually people can arrive to the games by boat.
Omaha has a downtown marina and St Louis jas a marina in Alton and soon North City
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

normalthings wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:54 am Governor was at the event
He received a… lukewarm welcome.
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:17 am
normalthings wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:54 am Governor was at the event
He received a… lukewarm welcome.
People in KC are too polite...
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

UMKC Roo wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:05 am Chris Long, the guy who owns the team & stadium, said his vision is that eventually people can arrive to the games by boat.
Well that will surely boost attendance by 3 or 4 people a game.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

DColeKC wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:51 pm
It's not about the attendance, it's about the stadium brand
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Fountains wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:35 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:49 pm It always amazes me that certain people don’t want to just hate things, but they want other people to hate them too.

Excited for this project. Thanks for the pictures and updates Anthony.
Wasn't the intention of my post the venue fills the need for a mid sized outdoor venue for concerts.
My divination skills have dropped off dramatically, so I try to just read what people write.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

UMKC Roo wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:53 pm
DColeKC wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:51 pm
It's not about the attendance, it's about the stadium brand
I was joking, great for them if that's a long term vision. Seems like it should be towards the bottom of the priority list considering that river doesn't see much traffic.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

WoodDraw wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:04 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:49 pm It always amazes me that certain people don’t want to just hate things, but they want other people to hate them too.

Excited for this project. Thanks for the pictures and updates Anthony.
Wasn't the intention of my post the venue fills the need for a mid sized outdoor venue for concerts.
My divination skills have dropped off dramatically, so I try to just read what people write.
Here’s this dude pm to me just to warn everyone we’ve got a tough guy here.

“ What a smart ass comment you made over a women's soccer team lol. I'll bet you're left leaning too. Go to the next rag meet up and I guarantee you wouldn't talk to me like that.”

Some people 🤣🤣
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

WoodDraw wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:25 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:04 pm

“ What a smart ass comment you made over a women's soccer team lol. I'll bet you're left leaning too. Go to the next rag meet up and I guarantee you wouldn't talk to me like that.”

Some people 🤣🤣
That account gets very agitated and starts name calling if there’s disagreement. Been through it before. He probably thinks they're just building a concert venue that just happens to host a couple soccer games.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Fountains wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:50 pm
UMKC Roo wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:26 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:25 pm

Some people 🤣🤣
That account gets very agitated and starts name calling if there’s disagreement. Been through it before. He probably thinks they're just building a concert venue that just happens to host a couple soccer games.
I mean you're the guy who tried to claim the WNBA was big so....
Never said that before in my life
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Let’s all go ahead and simmer down, it’s wild that a discussion about positive momentum for the city has some how become a series of attempted personal digs at one another. Let’s just celebrate KC doing something that’s impactful and cutting edge?
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:43 pm Let’s all go ahead and simmer down, it’s wild that a discussion about positive momentum for the city has some how become a series of attempted personal digs at one another. Let’s just celebrate KC doing something that’s impactful and cutting edge?
Exactly! This is a corner stone project for America, and it is happening in Kansas City. That alone is amazing and fitting for such an underrated city.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

daGOAT wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:50 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:43 pm Let’s all go ahead and simmer down, it’s wild that a discussion about positive momentum for the city has some how become a series of attempted personal digs at one another. Let’s just celebrate KC doing something that’s impactful and cutting edge?
Exactly! This is a corner stone project for America, and it is happening in Kansas City. That alone is amazing and fitting for such an underrated city.
Hartzel said it best when the WC announcement happened “KC has gone from undesirable to undeniable”. No matter how defeatists people will try and be, KC is truly on the uphill climb for sure
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I was just sharing the stupid message so people could have a laugh.

100% excited for this.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Absolutely. This is a great project, no reason to shit on it at all.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Of all the things I have shown off about kc to people out here, that womem's soccer stadium has gotten some of the most positive feedback and "wows" from people. I think this will be a pretty big deal when it opens and I hope KC supports the team well.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:39 pm
daGOAT wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:50 pm
Hartzel said it best when the WC announcement happened “KC has gone from undesirable to undeniable”. No matter how defeatists people will try and be, KC is truly on the uphill climb for sure
I wonder which wrestling star he stole that line from?
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Fountains wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:21 pm Hartzel works with KC Tennants. You also don't have to dive very far to see some bigoted remarks from him. I'd stay clear from that guy.
I don’t like him in the slightest, just thought it was a good quote :roll: