Office project at 27th & Main

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Office project at 27th & Main

Post by normalthings »

There is no movement on this from my sources
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Project is stalled (until things pick up I assume)

Said part of there pitch was having available Class A space in their building

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... tower.html
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Just as well. Maybe in the interim this site can be rethought in terms what should be at a street car station.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

With about 25% Class A available in Crown Center/downtown and still high construction costs they may be rethinking strategy if they can get a good deal on existing CC space. If hybrid also part of new strategy, wouldn't need as much space. They probably have a lot of options and the landscape is still changing (Cerner dumping 3M space) so reasonable to redo due diligence before committing to new construction.
atticus23
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by atticus23 »

I think it's been said before, but I'd really like to see this as more mixed use or strictly residential as opposed to just office. Either way, this parcel holds such great potential being on a streetcar stop...just my two cents.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Residential demand still appears healthy enough in RCP corridor and office not, so might be better for this location with maybe some kind of corner public attraction gateway into Crown Center.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Not a loss IMO. This isn't a corner that reeks of desperation, except perhaps a desperation to complete the CC master plan rather than what the market and community can support.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

This stop will be the access to transportation from the south end of hospital hill and troost corridor. The other corners here are park and will never be developed. Really, really needs to be something that will offer some shops, services, shelter. Will also be a major access point for the LM for those who do not want to climb the hill and stairs. Years ago driving here my alternator went out. Before cell phones. Might as well have been in the countryside until a security person at the law offices saw my plight and gave assistance. Need an oasis here, the entire stretch north to Pershing will always be a vacuum.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

^Yeah, something publicly accessible/desirable at the corner tip if even just a coffee joint. And CC should try to inspire future Grand development to be more streetfront ped friendly into center of CC.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Docs have been updated on the project recently and stage updated to 'Planning Schematics'...
https://www.construction.com/projects/d ... ct-unicorn