Americo Plaza Tower (Former Holiday Inn)

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Americo Plaza Tower (Former Holiday Inn)

Post by earthling »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:25 pm Knowing that the economy is a bit wobbly right now, I’d say patience is key with this one. I imagine this will be a big one when the time comes, but for now there are too many variables that might be giving the development team pause. Variables like the economy, whether or not Block’s Highrise on Madison will begin construction, 4711 Belleview, and the streetcar’s impact on development patterns are all at play here.

I have no doubts that this company had plans drawn up to see what was possible and can revise those plans dependent on the variables.
Yeah in the 30+ year big picture better for this spot to be delayed until after streetcar opens with right project rather than squeeze whatever possible half-assed shit semi-works for the moment. If it's delayed, a higher tier player may acquire from Americo as streetcar project completes. Is odd though that work is going on w/out a formal final proposal.
NEgoofyfoot
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Americo Plaza Tower (Former Holiday Inn)

Post by NEgoofyfoot »

Looks to just be boys and their toys playing around in the dirt. Heavy equipment training maybe…

https://www.flickr.com/photos/19656694 ... 2X04888F10