Atlas 303

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Atlas 303

Post by KCPowercat »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:43 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:12 am Don't post those on Reddit you'll have the FAA drone mafia on you.
Then they'd hate to see the drone photos from 1640ft up over Parkville and the Plaza and the questionable photos taken elsewhere. As long as I'm within a blue zone, I'll be fine. Atlas 303 barely fell within the blue zone. Red zones are normally dedicated for airport approaches and take off zones, so the drone wont even fly in those areas. Same with large government facilities (jails, Air Force bases, the NGA in St. Louis, etc). Stadiums are sometimes put in the red zone if a game or event is taking place.
Yup I've got a drone, I'm more making fun of the reddit police who always bemoan anybody with a drone pic from downtown.

Like Grid said, get an app like kittyhawk to get auto LANC approval just to be safe (and legal) that's what I do.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

Is this one still going ahead?
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

yep.....slowly.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Seems to be some movement with this one. Four applications were made to the FAA for a 138-147ft tall structure on this parcel. All applications equate to 955ft above mean sea-level. Not sure if this height is for the plans we've previously seen, or if they've grown, but I imagine it might just be for extra wiggle room if need be.
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/se ... 453&row=52
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/se ... 454&row=53
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/se ... 455&row=54
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/se ... 456&row=55
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:04 am Seems to be some movement with this one. Four applications were made to the FAA for a 138-147ft tall structure on this parcel. All applications equate to 955ft above mean sea-level. Not sure if this height is for the plans we've previously seen, or if they've grown, but I imagine it might just be for extra wiggle room if need be.
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/se ... 453&row=52
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/se ... 454&row=53
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/se ... 455&row=54
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/se ... 456&row=55
I wonder if alot of these RM projects are gonna come out all of the sudden now because they're fixing the height restrictions
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

Earlier today, a Residential Development Plan permit on this lot was applied for at this site.

Details are scant within the permit - just says 9 floors of residential over 2 floors of parking.

KCDowntown
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

KCDowntown wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:57 am Earlier today, a Residential Development Plan permit on this lot was applied for at this site.

Details are scant within the permit - just says 9 floors of residential over 2 floors of parking.

KCDowntown
88 units
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

KCDowntown wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:57 am Earlier today, a Residential Development Plan permit on this lot was applied for at this site.

KCDowntown
Seems this confirms the height increase from the FAA applications. If I'm reading that correctly, this is now 11 floors.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

Development plans with some renderings, floor plans, and elevations are now available within the permit located here.

KCDowntown
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

KCDowntown wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:01 am Development plans with some renderings, floor plans, and elevations are now available within the permit located here.

KCDowntown
It definitely grew taller. Design changed some.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

Unfortunately, it appears they dropped the 2500 sf of commercial space which activated the corner and instead opted for an oppressive blank wall.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Critical_Mass wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:46 am Unfortunately, it appears they dropped the 2500 sf of commercial space which activated the corner and instead opted for an oppressive blank wall.
I’m not surprised it was removed in order to fit some more parking spaces as a result of gaining 10 units. The decision might’ve also been made since this property will continue to sit below a highway bridge on a quiet side of the neighborhood, so maybe the development team determined it wouldn’t be worth it to include a space? I don’t know, but I wish they’d include a small space here for a small grab and go market.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Despite the lack of commercial I'm still happy to see this one progressing. River Market might have its own little skyline one day!
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

daGOAT wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:04 pm Despite the lack of commercial I'm still happy to see this one progressing. River Market might have its own little skyline one day!
It's important that new proposals get taller in order to maximize density. Not many spots left to build new that aren't already claimed by developers. Now's the time to start reaching for the sky. I swear, if the neighborhood gets a stubby 3-4-story proposal as it's next project, I'll become the ultimate NIMBY because that is no longer good enough.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:31 pm
daGOAT wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:04 pm Despite the lack of commercial I'm still happy to see this one progressing. River Market might have its own little skyline one day!
It's important that new proposals get taller in order to maximize density. Not many spots left to build new that aren't already claimed by developers. Now's the time to start reaching for the sky. I swear, if the neighborhood gets a stubby 3-4-story proposal as it's next project, I'll become the ultimate NIMBY because that is no longer good enough.
lol I'll be right there to protest with you!
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Would be nice to have a the garage entrance on the west since the south side is where most of the pedestrian activity will be.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

It's small, but I love this piece of the development
The plan calls for a 66-space, two-level garage with one floor below grade. The nine levels of residential will be above, with one apartment planned for the ground floor. That unit could be converted to retail use depending on demand.

“It could easily be converted to a small retail/coffee shop space if the need exists,” McKee said. “It has separate access, windows at street level and could be a really cool boutique space.”
https://cityscenekc.com/plan-back-for-m ... er-market/
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:20 am It definitely grew taller. Design changed some.
A few edits have been made to the design. More windows were added to the ground floor to not make it so blank. Landscaping intentions added as well. New rendering perspective added.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

When will they do a version without the jog of the Broadway Bridge ramp?