5th and Main (Northwest Corner)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: 5th and Main (Northwest Corner)

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Whats the expected tax income for the Streetcar TDD from this project? need some numbers to explain to people why tax revenue is better than not getting anything from a city owned lot :roll:
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:54 am Whats the expected tax income for the Streetcar TDD from this project? need some numbers to explain to people why tax revenue is better than not getting anything from a city owned lot :roll:
Right now the TDD assessment is zero.

Assuming it's actually assessed at the $75 million construction cost (not guaranteed), the TDD assessment at completion would be $115,200 annually.

As with other new developments (like W&R), the city will negotiate some sort of developer TDD payment once the project moves forward (like with URD rezoning or something) even if the city or one of its eco devo entities retains ownership through completion.

Multifamily is considered commercial.

https://kcstreetcar.org/assessment-calculator/
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

DaveKCMO wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:44 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:54 am Whats the expected tax income for the Streetcar TDD from this project? need some numbers to explain to people why tax revenue is better than not getting anything from a city owned lot :roll:

Assuming it's actually assessed at the $75 million construction cost (not guaranteed), the TDD assessment at completion would be $115,200 annually.

As with other new developments (like W&R), the city will negotiate some sort of developer TDD payment once the project moves forward (like with URD rezoning or something) even if the city or one of its eco devo entities retains ownership through completion.

D'oh! Correction: The assessment would be residential on the residential portion and be about half the amount above.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

DaveKCMO wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:15 pm
DaveKCMO wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:44 pm

D'oh! Correction: The assessment would be residential on the residential portion and be about half the amount above.
Ty Dave, your help is much appreciated!
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

I'm looking forward to seeing this go up. With it being 13 floors, and having been approved by the FAA, it opens a new "can of worms" for taller structures in the neighborhood. Think Ascend/Defeo as being next. A revised Ashland proposal should be taller and whatever happens at 3rd and Grand could also be taller. The taller the building, the denser they could be. However, I wouldn't want to see a proposal exceed 13 floors in the River Market.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Kevin Collison wrote: UPDATE Port KC commissioners unanimously approve land transfer and developer for City Harvest project, final development plan still must return to commission for consideration.
https://twitter.com/cityscenekc/status/ ... 8878534657
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

How long till some moron comes out of nowhere and kills the project last second because iT's nOt aFfoRdAbLe eNoUgH
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

While not a skyscraper, this will have a big impact visually not just in River Market but also on the north skyline. This due to the fact that it will be on the original city grid that parallels the river, not on the north south grid that starts a couple blocks south. I always like looking south down the street on Delaware because the Commerce Tower and 909 Walnut do not line up with the vanishing point of Delaware.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I think one of the neatest aspects of the former New York Life Insurance Building is the fact that the entrance is visible traveling north on Baltimore. The architecture is enhanced by this.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1030329 ... 384!8i8192
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

moderne wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:55 pm While not a skyscraper, this will have a big impact visually not just in River Market but also on the north skyline. This due to the fact that it will be on the original city grid that parallels the river, not on the north south grid that starts a couple blocks south. I always like looking south down the street on Delaware because the Commerce Tower and 909 Walnut do not line up with the vanishing point of Delaware.
Excellent observation. I bet more buildings will come as well. Could look something like Seattle's dense waterfront community development at some point.

Someone pitched an idea of putting an Amazon campus in the river market at one point and I almost gauged my eyes out at the stupidity of the idea.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

So if I've read this correctly, this place actually decided to *reduce* parking and is having ground floor space for retail, and is gonna include and top floor restaurant?
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

I love the design for this one the greenhouse vibe will definitely stand out while the color choices on the northside look like they'll compliment the existing buildings. The parking ratio is something I hope becomes commonplace on the streetcar corridor. Add in the half million $ renovation to the park and I say its a huge improvement in almost every conceivable aspect.
CrossroadsUrbanApts
Ambassador

Post by CrossroadsUrbanApts »

I toured the Oxbow Apartments under construction in North Kansas City, which uses the same structural metal stud construction system. I'm excited by the possibilities of this construction technique. More expensive than wood construction, but you can go higher and get better results, but without the cost of concrete or heavy steel.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Project Name: 5th and Main
Proposed Use: Mixed-Use; Residential, commercial, with parking podium
Project Description: A 13 story mixed use infill project to replace an existing grade parking lot in the river market. Project will be 11 stories of structural metal studs on a 2+ story parking and commercial podium.
Estimated Value $52,500,000.00
Requested Meeting Date
03/29/2022

Anticipated Construction Date
11/16/2022
Anticipated Completion Date
12/31/2023

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... b=moreinfo
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I wonder if they will get that many stories approved on the southwest parcel of 5th and Main?
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

FangKC wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:19 pm I wonder if they will get that many stories approved on the southwest parcel of 5th and Main?
I can only hope since this project paved the way with the FAA. Maybe the FAA will even be more leinent with the heigth on future projects. If the north loop is ever removed, that parcel goes way up in value.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Geotechnical surveying work underway
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:23 pm Geotechnical surveying work underway
Is it still on track to start in the Fall? And when is it supposed to be completed by?
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:56 pm
Chris Stritzel wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:23 pm Geotechnical surveying work underway
Is it still on track to start in the Fall? And when is it supposed to be completed by?
I imagine it’s possible to start in the fall if the city approves of the incentives and final development plan. As for completion, I’d say maybe 18-22 months after construction start is a good timeframe.