Fast Food Options

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Fast Food Options

Post by dukuboy1 »

how about in the current bus depot on Main that they will turn into greenspace/park once the new Bus depot is finished over on Charlotte? Maybe look to have a few food trucks there that rotate every 30 days and on weekends have pop up market, again 30 day changing rotation. Or this could be a fun idea for the re-do of barney alis plaza, create a dedicated space for this. Could go into the space if the deck over 670.

I'm not sure if people have been but in NKC there is a place called The Iron District, where they have shipping containers used as store fronts. They have retail and food spots. I really like the concept & seen it in other areas across the US. I think that would be neat to do a larger are of shipping containers & create a district if you will if the cover 670. I think the shipping container "city" would be a nice nod to the traffic humming along below.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

I thought the main st bus depot was going to be opened for development
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

normalthings wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:46 pm It would be amazing if we could set up one of these downtown during the lunch and dinner hours. Maybe an unused private ally or parking lot could be repurposed for a few hours a day. It could also be spun as a way to allow smaller business owners and entrepreneurs a way to participate in the growth and revitalization of downtown.

I think the PNC plaza area could be a great lunch time spot for workers with the right tenants. Unfortunately you have whopper bar taking up space and even though insomnia cookies is awesome, it’s worthless for lunch. Basically looking at Chipotle and Mixx. Once Protein House moves out, would be great to get some form of quick serve in there and a smaller walk up type spot in the empty space next to Chipotle.

They have put effort into the area with seating etc, but need to right mix of tenants.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:36 am I thought the main st bus depot was going to be opened for development
That's the plan. I am told that the park has been scrapped which is fine with me. As someone who lives nearby, my thought is that an open space at this location fails to take advantage of the site's location on the streetcar line and is most likely to become a dog feces depository and hobo collector. I am very enthusiastic about the idea of a small/medium office building with some ground floor uses.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Gonna have to save/incorporate that fountain
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:36 pm Gonna have to save/incorporate that fountain
Haha, yes. I was told that it will remain. A peace offering to JK I suppose.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

WSPanic wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:41 pm You can't barely get a proper Italian Beef in this town. North End has one. Not many other good ones come to mind. R.I.P. Moe's Italian Spot.
Mustang Sally’s Deli & Liquor in Claycomo makes pretty good Italian beef sandwiches and paninis.
iamrealz
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by iamrealz »

w00lyb00ger wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:56 pm
WSPanic wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:41 pm You can't barely get a proper Italian Beef in this town. North End has one. Not many other good ones come to mind. R.I.P. Moe's Italian Spot.
Mustang Sally’s Deli & Liquor in Claycomo makes pretty good Italian beef sandwiches and paninis.
Pizza Man down in Lenexa also has a solid Italian beef.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Windy City Pub,Third Coast Pizza,Rosati and so on to.
SHPNeighbor
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by SHPNeighbor »

Given how quickly they are expanding, I'm surprised Hawaiian Bros hasn't tried out a downtown location. I feel like that would make a killing in the former Whopper bar spot and is a great combo of a local restaurant with a unique offering.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

SHPNeighbor wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:50 am Given how quickly they are expanding, I'm surprised Hawaiian Bros hasn't tried out a downtown location. I feel like that would make a killing in the former Whopper bar spot and is a great combo of a local restaurant with a unique offering.
I would live here for lunch

Drive throughs a are a core tenant of their buildout but the NKC location on Armour is a good urban proof of concept