OFFICIAL - Waddell & Reed - 14th & Baltimore

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: OFFICIAL - Waddell & Reed - 14th & Baltimore

Post by earthling »

This is my favorite counter eats anywhere in country lately (the veggies/meats are typically charred, can pick level of doneness) but so far only in NE....
https://www.diginn.com

Make it happen Cordish, at all of your properties across US. And throw in a Halal cart as well on the street.

Sorry, back to topic...
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Ok, total grain of salt here, but I don’t think it’s BCBS moving in here. I could be totally wrong, but my friend hasn’t heard this and, unless the CEO is keeping it very close to the vest, he should. Just have to wait and see.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

^Did your friend hear specific plans involving the lot that was purchased? One reason they may have bought that lot is because it may be harder to sell the current building w/out ownership of parking spaces. But yeah, no indications I'm getting from my sources... nothing.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

earthling wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:43 am ^Did your friend hear specific plans involving the lot that was purchased? One reason they may have bought that lot is because it may be harder to sell the current building w/out ownership of parking spaces. But yeah, no indications I'm getting from my sources... nothing.
“Control of what happens around our building and potential expansion in the future.”
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

So when's the tenant getting announced?
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

This building looks really nice at night. Turned out well
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Downtown office summit should be around the corner. Maybe it gets announced then?

If they only Recently got the tenant lined up still need to design the fit out
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

normalthings wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:35 pm Downtown office summit should be around the corner. Maybe it gets announced then?

Even if that’s true, they can still announce. We just wanna know when they can make the Oracle announcement already.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:47 pm
normalthings wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:35 pm Downtown office summit should be around the corner. Maybe it gets announced then?

Even if that’s true, they can still announce. We just wanna know when they can make the Oracle announcement already.
I’m saying this is the type of thing they might wanna save for a big event ie the office summit
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

CBRE Senior Vice President Mike Eckert said office tenants want to align with the “workplace of tomorrow,” which might mean moving to a nicer building in areas like the College Boulevard submarket.
This is infuriating. So when were looking at good office space it's to go to College Boulevard? If this is the case then why aren't we build new office downtown? There's no reason we should be losing to College Boulevard anymore these days. We could build another class A along the streetcar, P&L & south loop cap and leave anything from College Blvd in the dust. There's no reason this should be the guys knee-jerk reaction. We have to fight that. Build more.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Low occupancy rate. High cost. Higher taxes.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

normalthings wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:17 pm Low occupancy rate. High cost. Higher taxes.
Bad schools and crime, unfortunately.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

BREAKING: New tenant has been announced as Blue Cross Blue Shield

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... ce=twitter
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

They’re moving their HQ a half mile north. Strange move in my view. Wonder what happens to their current office.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:11 am They’re moving their HQ a half mile north. Strange move in my view. Wonder what happens to their current office.
They’ve been saying they were looking for a new office for a while now, so it makes sense.

Article indicates since the building is fully leased it has ramifications for other potential office buildings downtown now.
Last edited by AlkaliAxel on Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:13 am
Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:11 am They’re moving their HQ a half mile north. Strange move in my view. Wonder what happens to their current office.
They’ve been saying they were looking for a new office for a while now, so it makes sense.
My hope is their current office, and neighboring parking lot, can become a dense residential neighborhood on the edge of downtown and Crown Center. That site offers easy access to plenty of green space, the streetcar, and numerous restaurants and bars. They won’t move until 2025, so a ways to go but still.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:16 am
AlkaliAxel wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:13 am
My hope is their current office, and neighboring parking lot, can become a dense residential neighborhood on the edge of downtown and Crown Center. That site offers easy access to plenty of green space, the streetcar, and numerous restaurants and bars. They won’t move until 2025, so a ways to go but still.
It seems like they’re still keeping that office too and just expanding
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

One of either Strata, Platform or Podium should start looking to break ground now since we have no Class A office space left in downtown.

And yes normalthings I know College blvd is a tough competitor and costs blah blah, but we can’t be standing there with our dick in our hands when some company needs class A space because “well we just didn’t think we needed to build it” and then company goes to JoCo. That just can’t happen. I’m telling you right now, build another one and we’ll be fine. They leased this one fully in like first week.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Blue KC targets completion of its interior buildout and relocation by early 2025.
I guess I'm happy it is fully leased out. shame it won't be a new employer downtown
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Cratedigger wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:48 am
Blue KC targets completion of its interior buildout and relocation by early 2025.
I guess I'm happy it is fully leased out. shame it won't be a new employer downtown
Ok but what does it matter when they are just expanding from another site still? They’re still gonna be in the shitty building too. They’re adding more employees to downtown same as an outsider would. Important thing is they filled it all so now we could build another.
Last edited by AlkaliAxel on Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.