Four Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: Four Light

Post by AlkaliAxel »

I'm gonna make a prediction here and say some sort of announcement or release on Four Light will be happening soon. Momentum just seems to be happening all over right now.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:29 pm I'm gonna make a prediction here and say some sort of announcement or release on Four Light will be happening soon. Momentum just seems to be happening all over right now.
Unlikely. Project team is mostly focused on getting midland building going and managing 3L. Maybe later this year we will see something about 4L.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

I'd love Four Light to be car free. If the location is behind B&B, it will have prime access to the streetcar and lots across the street in the other Light properties that are never full. Rent some space from the Waddel building across the street. Would be more profitable for Cordish and if someone absolutely has to have a parking spot, rent from one of the other Light properties.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

beautyfromashes wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:02 pm I'd love Four Light to be car free. If the location is behind B&B, it will have prime access to the streetcar and lots across the street in the other Light properties that are never full. Rent some space from the Waddel building across the street. Would be more profitable for Cordish and if someone absolutely has to have a parking spot, rent from one of the other Light properties.
This doesn't make much sense for Cordish to do.................

Maybe at the 14 Main retail shop site where they can't fit parking at all
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:34 am
AlkaliAxel wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:29 pm I'm gonna make a prediction here and say some sort of announcement or release on Four Light will be happening soon. Momentum just seems to be happening all over right now.
Unlikely. Project team is mostly focused on getting midland building going and managing 3L. Maybe later this year we will see something about 4L.
The caps not lighting a fire under their ass?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:29 pm
No. We are still 2 years out from a shovel touching that project. I could see a late 2022 4L announce but massively dependent on economy and leasing pace of 3L. Not to mention, they need to get this Midland project started. Seems like they’re almost done with the design and budget phase.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:52 pm

No. We are still 2 years out from a shovel touching that project. I could see a late 2022 4L announce but massively dependent on economy and leasing pace of 3L. Not to mention, they need to get this Midland project started. Seems like they’re almost done with the design and budget phase.
1.) I thought Platt & Lucas said 12-18 months until a shovel, and they seemed to be optimistic of it being closer to 12 mos
2.) how's the leasing going for 3L then?
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

normalthings wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:15 pm This doesn't make much sense for Cordish to do.................

It does if they can replace the levels they would have used for parking on units and demand stayed the same.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:46 pm
DColeKC wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:52 pm

1.) I thought Platt & Lucas said 12-18 months until a shovel, and they seemed to be optimistic of it being closer to 12 mos
2.) how's the leasing going for 3L then?
10% showing leased. Mostly existing tenants 1 or 2 L tenants I’m told. We are 1.5 years from opening so “real” tenants won’t be signing leases for a while yet.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

beautyfromashes wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:03 pm
normalthings wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:15 pm This doesn't make much sense for Cordish to do.................

It does if they can replace the levels they would have used for parking on units and demand stayed the same.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

normalthings wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:06 pm Cordish garages are pretty full and I don’t think that works well with the incentive structure
It didn’t seem that the incentive structure was very set when there was a renegotiation of 3 Light last time. Who’s to say Cordish will get the same incentives this time?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:08 pm
normalthings wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:06 pm Cordish garages are pretty full and I don’t think that works well with the incentive structure
It didn’t seem that the incentive structure was very set when there was a renegotiation of 3 Light last time. Who’s to say Cordish will get the same incentives this time?
Besides a nearly two decade old master development agreement, an updated agreement was made. City is on the hook for up to 6 parking structures associated with that agreement.

Would be great if the parking garage for 4L could be underground or a underground tunnel connecting to the existing underground garage the Hilton uses.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Update: 4L is being designed now with plans to announce more information this year, including ground breaking target date.

My only worry is this pending recession I'm hearing about.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

DColeKC wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:24 pm Update: 4L is being designed now with plans to announce more information this year, including ground breaking target date.

Wow! Thanks for the update
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

DColeKC wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:24 pm Update: 4L is being designed now with plans to announce more information this year, including ground breaking target date.

My only worry is this pending incentives battle I'm hearing about.
Fixed it for you
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

^Isn't Cordish already locked in with the incentives?
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

earthling wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:35 pm ^Isn't Cordish already locked in with the incentives?
I thought the City learned last time that they can't just 'jk' the original Development Agreement with Cordish? Agree w DCole, 4L may get pushed back some as the Fed cranks up the interest rates and the economy may cool off some.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

We already have 3L pushed off because of economy. Now 4L too? Yeah, let's get this thing built as quickly as possible.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

“Pending”? Aren’t we already there
FlippantCitizen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by FlippantCitizen »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:32 pm

“Pending”? Aren’t we already there
Lol right. Need another quarter showing negative growth to meet the technical definition but we we probably entered what will become a recession in February. Smart money calling it since last November.