Four Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Four Light

Post by trexel94 »

There have been some inconsistencies in terms of what 4L will actually be.

- Is it still planned to be a hotel/apartment combo? There were a few posts here a while back stating it could be just a hotel.
- Any speculation of the floor count? Some websites list it at 25 floors while most here seem to be under the impression it could be around 30-40.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

trexel94 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:44 pm There have been some inconsistencies in terms of what 4L will actually be.

- Is it still planned to be a hotel/apartment combo? There were a few posts here a while back stating it could be just a hotel.
- Any speculation of the floor count? Some websites list it at 25 floors while most here seem to be under the impression it could be around 30-40.
Every mock rendering that's ever been shown has it taller than 3L. Not sure if that'll be real or not but that's what's always been shown.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

4L sounds like it will be wherever Cordish builds next, likely an apartment-only tower to replace the retail building at the NW corner of 14th & main if you've followed discussions here. The original 4L in renderings on the theater block (SW corner, part of the 'cordish wall' rumored to be or contain a hotel element) may come later. I doubt they're in a rush to develop any hotel with current occupancy rates.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Have to imagine Cordish once again waits for 3L to be leased before building this. But damn do I want it built before Summer 2026
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

To say what the cordish people can't, a lot of the early 3l are people moving from their other buildings. Once they open proper leasing (not people already with apartments in their building) they get a better idea of demand.

I'm getting ready to go through leasing in this area so I'll report back on what offers are.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Location is still being decided but one thing I know for sure is both sites are being bid to gather the total cost of one location Vs the other.

I'd bet on a smaller 4L at 14th and main next. This allows them to do a more affordable build while demand downtown still ramps up over the next 8 years. Also, building at the B&B lot while the cap is going in would be a nightmare.

Could see the world cup and hotel demand play into this as well.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

If this is supposed to be a hotel, they’d be absolutely stupid not to get it by June 2026

But the good thing is they don’t strike me as stupid
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

WoodDraw wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:26 pm To say what the cordish people can't, a lot of the early 3l are people moving from their other buildings. Once they open proper leasing (not people already with apartments in their building) they get a better idea of demand.

I'm getting ready to go through leasing in this area so I'll report back on what offers are.
They're 99% leased at 2L right now and you're correct, many of the early signups for 3L are folks from existing buildings. Expect 4L to look vastly different than 1, 2 and 3.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:56 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:26 pm To say what the cordish people can't, a lot of the early 3l are people moving from their other buildings. Once they open proper leasing (not people already with apartments in their building) they get a better idea of demand.

They're 99% leased at 2L right now and you're correct, many of the early signups for 3L are folks from existing buildings. Expect 4L to look vastly different than 1, 2 and 3.
Do you mean aesthetics? Or in function and purpose?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:58 pm

Aesthetics.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:00 pm

Aesthetics.
Theatre or the retail spot?
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:00 pm

Aesthetics.
A welcome change of pace. Any hints as to what it will look like?
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

Will it be taller than the rest? Any chance it will contain a hotel as originally planned?
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Some work being done on the parking lot next to the theater

Last edited by Cratedigger on Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

I noticed that too the other day. Was wondering what it’s about.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Core and soil sampling as part of the overall budget process. Could be a deciding factor if they find tons of gravel is needed to firm up the foundation.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:54 pm Core and soil sampling as part of the overall budget process. Could be a deciding factor if they find tons of gravel is needed to firm up the foundation.
So this is related to 4L and not same random city fix-up project?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Need to get this under construction asap before a recession sinks the ship
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:54 pm Core and soil sampling as part of the overall budget process. Could be a deciding factor if they find tons of gravel is needed to firm up the foundation.
What is being proposed on the “trophy” 4 light site
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

normalthings wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:57 pm
What is being proposed on the “trophy” 4 light site
Not at liberty to say at the moment. All I can say is they're looking at a few options, all of which have been discussed on here over the last several years.