Four Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Four Light

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:43 am
AlkaliAxel wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:48 am
normalthings wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:35 am Four Light, if constructed on the retail building, will utilize an existing garage. Will be fun to have a standalone project for once.
What retail building are you referring to?
Corner of 14th and main. Currently home to empty retail that would likely be demolished for 4L.
You’re talking the building next to the President, yes? Does the building not have the existing structure to allow construction above it?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:23 am
AlkaliAxel wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:48 am

What retail building are you referring to?
Corner of 14th and main. Currently home to empty retail that would likely be demolished for 4L.
You’re talking the building next to the President, yes? Does the building not have the existing structure to allow construction above it?
No, there is no existing structure that would support a residential tower. Would require being demolished back to dirt.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

I thought 4L was gonna be connected to the theatre?

I want 4L around the south cap park so we can have giant wall with retail around the park (I trust Cordish to put retail there)
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:35 pm I thought 4L was gonna be connected to the theatre?

I want 4L around the south cap park so we can have giant wall with retail around the park (I trust Cordish to put retail there)
That still could happen but it seems like they're holding onto that spot for a hotel/residential combo.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:21 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:23 am

No, there is no existing structure that would support a residential tower. Would require being demolished back to dirt.
Pity, i was hoping it had the structure similar to the Strata site.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:15 pm
AlkaliAxel wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:35 pm I thought 4L was gonna be connected to the theatre?

That still could happen but it seems like they're holding onto that spot for a hotel/residential combo.
That’s fine- as long they putting up something on that spot make a wall along the highway cap park then we’re good to go.

Is that “combo” tower gonna come before the ‘4L on retail’ tower?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:39 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:15 pm

That’s fine- as long they putting up something on that spot make a wall along the highway cap park then we’re good to go.

Is that “combo” tower gonna come before the ‘4L on retail’ tower?
no I don't think so
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

That corner never had a tenant. Crazy.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

How many stories will 4L be?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:58 pm That corner never had a tenant. Crazy.
Or a poured slab. Similar to the rally house space which had dirt floors until they signed on. That space was always setup to be a two story building complete with a elevator pit.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

30 floor tower proposed next to the new 36 floor tower in STL. Design works well especially the retail podium for kc
https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... osed.html
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

normalthings wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:39 pm 30 floor tower proposed next to the new 36 floor tower in STL. Design works well especially the retail podium for kc
https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... osed.html
Wow, the recent tower Mac did is a gem. I heard it was only 80% leased after almost 18 months but they seem to have faith. I'm actually surprised this is happening and there's no word on 2 Cardinal Way.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Wow. 100 Above the Park is such a cool design
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Many will disagree but Armour and Main should have something like these at each 4 corners, which would also give Midtown KC an identity, provides both Plaza/Downtown views and could create a new power center along RCP corridor. Score an Urban Target at base of one of them and it might appease neighbors.

And note to Cordish.. completely different designs.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

earthling wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:47 pm Many will disagree but Armour and Main should have something like these at each 4 corners, which would also give Midtown KC an identity, provides both Plaza/Downtown views and could create a new power center along RCP corridor. Score an Urban Target at base of one of them and it might appease neighbors.

Those two towers would look absolutely amazing in place of 2 and 3 Light (which are boxes on top of parking boxes). They would also look great in Midtown. I agree, Midtown needs something like this to give it some identity.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

GRID wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:14 pm
earthling wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:47 pm Many will disagree but Armour and Main should have something like these at each 4 corners, which would also give Midtown KC an identity, provides both Plaza/Downtown views and could create a new power center along RCP corridor. Score an Urban Target at base of one of them and it might appease neighbors.

Those two towers would look absolutely amazing in place of 2 and 3 Light (which are boxes on top of parking boxes). They would also look great in Midtown. I agree, Midtown needs something like this to give it some identity.
STL has a leading university and med center to support the leasing of these towers and yet 100 has taken an extended lease up period. KC may not be able to support those levels of rent.
CorneliusFB
Pad site
Pad site

Post by CorneliusFB »

Put that idea around 39th and Main, and I’m right there with you. That intersection is viewed as the downtown of Midtown.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

These are different developers.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

CorneliusFB wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:35 pm

Put that idea around 39th and Main, and I’m right there with you. That intersection is viewed as the downtown of Midtown.
Three of the 39th/Main corners have 'original' buildings that would not go over well if proposed to be torn down. The 4 corners of Main/Armour do not. And one tower could go next to US Bank building so that doesn't really need to go.

May need to move conversation to other thread...