"RideKC Next" transit system redesign

Transportation topics in KC
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: "RideKC Next" transit system redesign

Post by DaveKCMO »

SilentSpades24 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:22 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:18 am The other day I noticed max stops added to the south KC extension. No idea how long they have been there
I noticed today when driving along Wornall that the Main Max stops had been pulled and reverted to #57 stops. Seems to suggest that if any changes are implemented, it'll be smaller changes. Curious.
The benefit of that specific change was since all MAX routes were reduced from 10m peak service to 15m (then, later, Main MAX to 30m) that you had excess MAX vehicles to deploy as "long lines" like the Troost MAX already does today to 3-Trails Transit Center. Until staffing levels return, it's still a good idea to provide a single-seat ride for that long distance (and the transfer at Waldo wasn't convenient anyway).
SilentSpades24
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: "RideKC Next" transit system redesign

Post by SilentSpades24 »

DaveKCMO wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:38 pm
SilentSpades24 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:22 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:18 am The other day I noticed max stops added to the south KC extension. No idea how long they have been there
I noticed today when driving along Wornall that the Main Max stops had been pulled and reverted to #57 stops. Seems to suggest that if any changes are implemented, it'll be smaller changes. Curious.
The benefit of that specific change was since all MAX routes were reduced from 10m peak service to 15m (then, later, Main MAX to 30m) that you had excess MAX vehicles to deploy as "long lines" like the Troost MAX already does today to 3-Trails Transit Center. Until staffing levels return, it's still a good idea to provide a single-seat ride for that long distance (and the transfer at Waldo wasn't convenient anyway).
Yeah, it would've been a great change to see implemented, a true one seat ride from Martin City to Downtown KCMO. Same would've happened in Ruskin with PMAX by restoring the one-seat ride that #28 once provided.