The Midland Lofts (formerly Midland Office Building)

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: The Midland Lofts (formerly Midland Office Building)

Post by WoodDraw »

Cordish didn't want to do this either. They probably could have sued the city under the master agreement and said fuck you. It was better for both to save some face here.

But it is not shocking this isn't on the top of their list. Whether that works out for them in the long run, who knows.
Last edited by WoodDraw on Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

WoodDraw wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:14 pm Cordish didn't want to do this either. They probably could have sued the city under the master agreement and said fuck you. It was better for both to save some face here.

But it is not shocking this isn't on the top of their list. Whether that works out for them in the wrong run, who knows.
They’ve been working on the design and costs for over a year. I’m not sure what the hold up is on getting work started but I know they ran into several issues. They’ve had a full time project manager for this building for almost 2 years.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:42 am
WoodDraw wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:14 pm Cordish didn't want to do this either. They probably could have sued the city under the master agreement and said fuck you. It was better for both to save some face here.

But it is not shocking this isn't on the top of their list. Whether that works out for them in the wrong run, who knows.
They’ve been working on the design and costs for over a year. I’m not sure what the hold up is on getting work started but I know they ran into several issues. They’ve had a full time project manager for this building for almost 2 years.
If that project manager leaves, pass along my name. Sounds like a dream job.

I’ll have some deliverables for you in *knocks over mimosa* let’s call it three years to be safe.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

WoodDraw wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:35 pm

I’ll have some deliverables for you in *knocks over mimosa* let’s call it three years to be safe.
Funny. Although I don't envy any project manager trying to figure out how to do really nice affordable apartments in the heart of Downtown KC. Especially with the economic obstacles.

My point was they wouldn't be paying this high salary to someone dedicated to this building if they weren't actively working on it or not getting things done.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:25 pm

Funny. Although I don't envy any project manager trying to figure out how to do really nice affordable apartments in the heart of Downtown KC. Especially with the economic obstacles.

My point was they wouldn't be paying this high salary to someone dedicated to this building if they weren't actively working on it or not getting things done.
As a fellow project manager, all I will say is I have questions lol (*edit* with nothing bad said about the poor soul they put in charge of this)
Last edited by WoodDraw on Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

WoodDraw wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:34 pm
DColeKC wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:25 pm

As a fellow project manager, all I will say is I have questions lol (*edit* with nothing bad said about the poor sole they put in charge or this)
Think her name is Cindy (not sure of last name), so if you ever see her in your circle, get some answers for the group!
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

WoodDraw wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:35 pm I’ll have some deliverables for you in *knocks over mimosa* let’s call it three years to be safe.
You win Post Of The Day!
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Project has been awarded to a GC. So action will hopefully pick up here shortly.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Valeu! Another active gem on Baltimore.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Official ground breaking ceremony to be announced and will take place soon.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:24 am Official ground breaking ceremony to be announced and will take place soon.
How soon after this are they pivoting to Sky or 4L?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:24 am Official ground breaking ceremony to be announced and will take place soon.
Yay! It was sad to see all those vacant spaces when stayed at the Hotel Kansas City a few weeks ago.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Walked by the building today. It’s honestly kind of funny seeing the construction permits dated 2007/2008 still in the window.

Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

https://cityscenekc.com/historic-midla ... s-spring/

Spring per Collison this morning. No hard dates
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

What's up with the P1 trucks and Boom lift outside the midland? I don't see any new permits on Compass so may not be related to this project.

TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Not sure, but they did say they planned to start in the Spring
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

They might need that lift to install the chute for removing debris from interior demolition.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Might just be for bird netting repair on the theater section. I’ve seen something like this before
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Ceremonial groundbreaking next month
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

2 porta pottys outside and a couple ladders inside on the 10th floor now. I hope to hear something about this soon

But who knows. I just really want this project to go live