FSN KC so where do Royals go

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

FSN KC so where do Royals go

Post by mgsports »

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... TG12In0%3D because no Sprectrum Sports KC anymore maybe 38 the Spot because Sinclair might turn it into National News Channel
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: FSN KC so where do Royals go

Post by swid »

I know you'll spit out a spambot-quality list of all sports broadcasters and streaming services currently extant or rumored to exist in this country in the next comment, but the correct answer is "nowhere, until their rights come up after this season"; Sinclair's purchase of the Fox RSNs makes it more likely they'll stay on Fox Sports KC (or whatever it gets rebranded as in the next year or two), since they'll need all the content they can get to make the purchase worthwhile.

(Also, non-evangelical God help us if Sinclair turns one of the national networks they bought into another right-wing cable news channel.)
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Also Blues would need a home to maybe on FSN Midwest Plus.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

mgsports wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:02 pm Also Blues would need a home to maybe on FSN Midwest Plus.
I've been watching Blues hockey on FSMW since they started broadcasting games back in - I think - 1997 or 1998.

This better not get screwed up.

I'm used to watching around 75-78 games on FSMW and the balance of the schedule on NBC/national affiliates every regular season for the last 20 plus years.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Maybe local channel.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I don't think there's a local media group willing to shell out $30M/year for 20 years (just a guess on the time/money). Hopefully some group will. Interested to see if some forward thinking service like DAZN, Sling- or even Google Fiber would make a play for a team/group of teams like the Royals/Pirates/Brewers that may have underutilized media deals. Probably a bit too outside the box for those markets.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

I would say Blues/Cardinals start their own network. If FSNKC aired the Chiefs then could see a Chiefs Network. Sprectrum if they keep Sprectum Sports KC 2 and turn it into Jayhawks/Royals Network.