OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Transportation topics in KC
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Post by normalthings »

The structure of the concourse a expansion looks done. KCI tweeted a photo of it
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Alright folks! The application is up for the terminal stress testing! Info and outline listed in the social media post, and the survey application is at the bottom. I’ve attached the link to the survey below for anyone who’s also interested!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/newterminal

normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

You can see the new Concourse A lounge expansion structure is complete.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

5,000 sign ups for 1,000 spots for the simulation. If you are selected will be contacted mid-january per fox4 story.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:21 am 5,000 sign ups for 1,000 spots for the simulation. If you are selected will be contacted mid-january per fox4 story.
The wait will be agonizing
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Looks like it will be harder to get into the new Delta Sky Club when it opens. MCI part of eight new or renovated clubs in 2023 - 11,000 sq feet and two sky decks.

https://news.delta.com/look-ahead-delta ... expansions
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

The changes to Delta Sky Club access are not popular with the folks over at FlyerTalk. As someone said, "Skyclubs are (for practical purposes) Amex clubs. They just happen to be Delta-branded."

Pointless reminiscing about the good old days incoming, be forewarned:
My dad was a Platinum Medallion back in the 90s, before there was a Diamond Medallion, and a Million Mile Flyer back when that was a rarefied group. He flew all the time for work, and he would use his miles to fly us to Florida or Hawaii for vacation. Maybe he was also paying for my mom and I to enter the clubs back then, I don't remember. I just know it seemed like a simple process, and it didn't matter whether we were in coach or first class; he had access regardless. He retired in 2000 but has lifetime Platinum Medallion status. I should ask him if he ever bothers trying to get into the Sky Club when he travels these days.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

I dunno about "Ornithology." I get the birds, but at some angle the sax clusters look like the Alien thing that burst out of peoples chests.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Sani wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:22 pm The changes to Delta Sky Club access are not popular with the folks over at FlyerTalk. As someone said, "Skyclubs are (for practical purposes) Amex clubs. They just happen to be Delta-branded."

My dad was a Platinum Medallion back in the 90s, before there was a Diamond Medallion, and a Million Mile Flyer back when that was a rarefied group. He flew all the time for work, and he would use his miles to fly us to Florida or Hawaii for vacation. Maybe he was also paying for my mom and I to enter the clubs back then, I don't remember. I just know it seemed like a simple process, and it didn't matter whether we were in coach or first class; he had access regardless. He retired in 2000 but has lifetime Platinum Medallion status. I should ask him if he ever bothers trying to get into the Sky Club when he travels these days.
One reason I don't want to see an escape lounge as the other one. It is basically an amex club also. I don't have an issue with the Delta one, as I think they will be the biggest non-southwest here, but I would rather see a priority pass lounge as the other one.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

dev49 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:50 pm
Sani wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:22 pm The changes to Delta Sky Club access are not popular with the folks over at FlyerTalk. As someone said, "Skyclubs are (for practical purposes) Amex clubs. They just happen to be Delta-branded."

One reason I don't want to see an escape lounge as the other one. It is basically an amex club also. I don't have an issue with the Delta one, as I think they will be the biggest non-southwest here, but I would rather see a priority pass lounge as the other one.
Priority pass is also included with the Amex
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Video from 3 days ago, at 41:30 he says "good chance late February will be the opening day"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHLwPdUA0q0
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

UMKC Roo wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:54 am Video from 3 days ago, at 41:30 he says "good chance late February will be the opening day"

It’s still slated as March, haven’t heard otherwise yet. Feb would be nice though if they could pull that off
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:57 pm
dev49 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:50 pm

Priority pass is also included with the Amex
Yes but that is kind of my point. Escape Lounges don’t accept priority pass. So you have two lounges that are for Amex users. I would have liked one lounge that accepted priority pass to give more people options
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

UMKC Roo wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:54 am Video from 3 days ago, at 41:30 he says "good chance late February will be the opening day"

Cool find thanks for sharing.
longtimelistener
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by longtimelistener »

Even if I'm not selected for the "simulation" exercises of the new terminal, I look forward to the open house they plan to have to see the place before its secured. From the video it was mentioned they'd have a timed entry for the open house similar to a departure time for a flight.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

longtimelistener wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:04 pm Even if I'm not selected for the "simulation" exercises of the new terminal, I look forward to the open house they plan to have to see the place before its secured. From the video it was mentioned they'd have a timed entry for the open house similar to a departure time for a flight.
Agreed. Much less disappointment with that event happening.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

western runway reopened. I think this it was been completely rebuilt now?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Latest city update report says opening day is February 28th.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

nothing new but found on build kci website
SiouxCity KCMO Man
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by SiouxCity KCMO Man »

So how soon before we see McDonald's and other chains make their way into the terminals? I'm all for the local fare but if there are surveys I'm almost sure that's one of the things that people are going to mark as a needs improvement.