OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Transportation topics in KC
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Post by Highlander »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:09 am If the floor is getting this much attention I think we built ourselves a great airport. If it had real problems we wouldn't hear one thing about something so trivial.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-cit ... g/43369549
KMBC probably got the idea from KCRag searching for something to complain about with the new airport. The media does what it does.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

that and went the mayor responded it was of "great concern" lol
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

kcjak wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:17 am Using the Rate Information Card going from KCI to my home in Volker would cost a minimum of $64.30 plus traffic delay time. Super Shuttle is $47. How is there not a company running a bus or van from the airport to downtown-ish and charging $40?
There is a bus to downtown and instead of $40.... it's free.... and nobody uses it.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I've used it, it's too slow and infrequent to be usable but it's a great option that we at least do have it.

Not to mention not a great bus to load actual luggage onto.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:54 pm
mean wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:39 pm
TheUrbanRoo wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:47 pmnobody on this forum will ever admit KC ever made anything great, but they will go on and on if something was bad.
I submit the above as exhibit A in support of my thesis that:
people just make shit up and get outraged about the reality that conforms to their biases instead of the reality that exists.
Objectively speaking, this forum is probably the first place to call out the Star's bullshit negative clickbait nonsense and support and compliment positive progress. It is also, to be fair, the first place to bitch about stuff we don't like. But to state that nobody on this forum will ever admit that KC gets things right, or does things well, is indicative of someone who only remembers negative posts which confirm their bias.
I'm not sure if you could pick up on it, but I was agreeing with your post from above...most complaints about the airport ARE because they want to believe the new airport would be a failure like they expected it to be. But thanks for using me as your punching bag to make your unrelated point. I can see why so many people leave your site now. Even when you're agreeing with someone they're still an asshole to you. Thanks.
If you think me saying true things is being an asshole, I hope you never run afoul of the real shitters around here.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

dnweava wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:58 am
kcjak wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:17 am Using the Rate Information Card going from KCI to my home in Volker would cost a minimum of $64.30 plus traffic delay time. Super Shuttle is $47. How is there not a company running a bus or van from the airport to downtown-ish and charging $40?
There is a bus to downtown and instead of $40.... it's free.... and nobody uses it.
It also takes over an hour and that's being generous.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

mean wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:55 am If you think me saying true things is being an asshole, I hope you never run afoul of the real shitters around here.
Hmm well you pissed off DCole and a few others to leave the site so you’re prob the only one I’d want to run afoul of. Everyone else is chill. I mean you’re literally dredging up a days old argument that was dead & buried, for no reason.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

kcjak wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:06 pm
What's their shuttle plan gonna be for the World Cup then? It can't be an hour to get people downtown..
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

A shuttle could stop at only one or two places to let people off (not on) at, while a bus could stop at every block if riders required. Shuttles could also be designated as destinations like downtown/Plaza or JoCo and not have any stops in between.
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

kcjak wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:06 pm
it takes an hour (+ 4 minutes) if its actually picking up passengers at most stops- which isn't the case. Can we please stop acting like the 229 takes almost two hours to reach downtown? This is coming from someone here who actually routinely rode the bus there and back. Should they offer an express? Absolutely. Would it be successful ridership-wise? Still no. Shit, KCATA still hasn't even put the route back to full length buses :roll:
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

They run little buses to KCI? There is something about little buses that bugs me. It just feels weird to be on one that's not in a small town like Jeff City or something. Not sure what it is. Although the super little buses in Rome are quite interesting but they are more for getting into crowded areas.

I don't know. Little bus to me means "nobody rides this bus unless they absolutely have to" (at least in the USA). And if it comes every hour and is still empty, that's just kind of sad.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I've seen 229 in full buses just recently
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

First fly out experience (8 am arrival)

Art is amazing
Floors are fine (it is a morning flight)
Uber doesn't know they can drop off on departures (mine didn't)
8 minutes curb to post security. Checking a bag. Biggest time wasted was the queue line setup without cut throughs. Line was empty
Coffee places could use a speed up
All gender bathrooms are the way to go.
Booze can go anywhere
Approach to B concourse has a cool sightlines as the city market sign appears
Bbq looks and smells amazing
Lego and Johnson Murphy store are great choices. Made in KC store has a great selection
Every concourse feels open and airy even with full flights unloading

Zero complaints.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:40 am Lego and Johnson Murphy store are great choices.
Like.. J&M.. the shoe store?

If so, why would having a high end formalwear shoe store be an excellent choice for an airport? Nothing says I'm ready to vacation in Cancun quite like having a J&M formal wear store to try on some new factory shoes before the flight!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

It's more clothing focused and has some good stuff. Busy with shoppers too
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:40 am First fly out experience (8 am arrival)

Art is amazing
8 minutes curb to post security. Checking a bag. Biggest time wasted was the queue line setup without cut throughs. Line was empty
Booze can go anywhere
Lego and Johnson Murphy store are great choices. Made in KC store has a great selection

Zero complaints.
Those all gender bathrooms look super nice. I see some people complain about them, but not sure why. The privacy of the stalls reminds me of what you see in places like Germany.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

GRID wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:15 am
KCPowercat wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:40 am First fly out experience (8 am arrival)

Art is amazing
Booze can go anywhere

Zero complaints.
Those all gender bathrooms look super nice. I see some people complain about them, but not sure why. The privacy of the stalls reminds me of what you see in places like Germany.
The experience is akin to any European shared use RR I experienced for sure. Way better for families with small children as well.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

im2kull wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:57 am
KCPowercat wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:40 am Lego and Johnson Murphy store are great choices.

If so, why would having a high end formalwear shoe store be an excellent choice for an airport? Nothing says I'm ready to vacation in Cancun quite like having a J&M formal wear store to try on some new factory shoes before the flight!
It's actually kind of funny watching you become the last person mad at the airport left in KC. You keep doing you.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

im2kull wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:57 am

Johnson and Murphy is more of a casual wear/business casual store now. It's one of my new favorites. They have a location in the SeaTac airport that saved me on my last trip. Also, not everyone at the airport is going on vacation.