Keystone Innovation District

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Keystone Innovation District

Post by FangKC »

Keystone Innovation Concept Makes Real Estate Moves on East 18th Street
The Keystone Community Corp. is making its first real estate moves on East 18th Street, intending to occupy a new $20 million office project that could begin construction early next year and participate in renovating a nearby former warehouse building.
Keystone also intends to be part of the redevelopment of the former Goodwill warehouse
and office building at 1817 Campbell, according to sources. The property has been on the market since early 2020 after Goodwill moved into new quarters nearby.

Jason Swords of Sunflower Development Group said his firm has the former Goodwill property under contract, but would not comment whether Keystone was a potential partner or tenant.
The preliminary J.E. Dunn inquiry to planners anticipated work could begin on the project by this February with completion in early 2023. It estimated about 140 employees would work there.
https://cityscenekc.com/keystone-innova ... th-street/
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

I would be shocked if Keystone had 140 employees already. It must be space for starts ups right?
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Looks like this is dead. KCATA wanted a plan for the entire 18-acre KCATA complex.

https://cityscenekc.com/plan-for-east-1 ... collapses/
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Brien Starner, president of RideKC Development Corp., said his agency ended discussions with J.E. Dunn Capital Partners because the proposal didn’t include a comprehensive redevelopment plan for the entire 18-acre KCATA complex.
This paragraph made me wonder if the baseball stadium location is still affecting decisions. Does J.E. Dunn know that the East Village might not be the Royals' preferred location, and that Royals' ownership might want the entire 18-acre KCATA complex?

So since J.E. Dunn might have some insider knowledge with the Royals' thinking, they pulled back until the decision is finally made.

Letting the Goodwill building purchase option expire might also reveal that the Keystone District might be moving to another location entirely.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

You are right, Dunn Family is Royals ownership. I agree that it sounds like Keystone will move elsewhere.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

FangKC wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:50 pm
Brien Starner, president of RideKC Development Corp., said his agency ended discussions with J.E. Dunn Capital Partners because the proposal didn’t include a comprehensive redevelopment plan for the entire 18-acre KCATA complex.
This paragraph made me wonder if the baseball stadium location is still affecting decisions. Does J.E. Dunn know that the East Village might not be the Royals' preferred location, and that Royals' ownership might want the entire 18-acre KCATA complex?

So since J.E. Dunn might have some insider knowledge with the Royals' thinking, they pulled back until the decision is finally made.

Letting the Goodwill building purchase option expire might also reveal that the Keystone District might be moving to another location entirely.
I mentioned in another thread when this first was reported by Collinson, that I wondered if this means there is more smoke to Royals moving to the 18th and Vine area. I also saw his article indicated that the Innovation District was moving to a different spot, maybe reimaged a bit. But he a had a quote saying they said "stay tuned" for an announcement coming soon.