OFFICIAL - Artistry KC (19th and Oak)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: OFFICIAL - Artistry KC (19th and Oak)

Post by earthling »

Highlander wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:43 pm It's mind boggling to me how quickly the downtown apartment market absorbs new projects. Who would have known there was that much pent up demand 5-8 years ago.
FangKC wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:13 pm This is especially true seeing that there aren't a lot of new jobs coming downtown that are creating additional demand.
^The stats don't support it's needed to entice demand for downtown living. Might help but not needed.

Those who want city living will pursue it no matter where they work and there aren't many full circle urban living options in KC (Plaza not even quite there anymore). And I've had jobs in burbs but never once considered moving to burbs just to be closer (unthinkable). Just as many in burbs won't move to another burb or city if they like their school system or whatever is higher priority. Work/home distance also less of a factor in a city with fairly little traffic. Urban apts w/out dedicated parking would be a factor though and most new downtown apts still include parking in some form - those that don't probably attract those who work DT. And there are still over 100K jobs downtown (technically, factor WFH) compared to about 30K who live in greater DT, so still enough DT jobs for the un-needed help. And soon enough free fare streetcar seamlessly tied into sidewalk will tie Midtown/Plaza (maybe NKC) jobs/residents to downtown, which is essentially closer to downtown Minneapolis jobs and maybe more than Denver.

Demand will likely be limited by number of metro residents who desire urban living as high priority, unlikely by jobs in urban core. But at some point, more city jobs should follow.
grecobs
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by grecobs »

This is a great infill project! It is mindblowing to see all of those surface lots. There's a lot of work to do/potential ahead.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

The lots along Main need infill first, especially around 8th/Main to Phoenix and the pockets in Xroads but would imagine these outer lots off beaten path are much cheaper.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

earthling wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:51 am The lots along Main need infill first, especially around 8th/Main to Phoenix and the pockets in Xroads but would imagine these outer lots off beaten path are much cheaper.
Lots that haven't developed yet are likely to be the most expensive to buy. The low hanging fruit has been built on already.

Remember that around 8th/Main is largely owned by Commerce. They've had decades to sell or build on themselves.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

normalthings wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:34 pm
Riverite wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:48 am
normalthings wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:03 pm 131 of 341 available. 61.6% leased
114 of 341 available 66.5% leased
89 of 341 show as available. 73.9% leased
66 of 341 show as available. 80.6% leased
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

earthling wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:19 pm
Highlander wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:43 pm It's mind boggling to me how quickly the downtown apartment market absorbs new projects. Who would have known there was that much pent up demand 5-8 years ago.
FangKC wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:13 pm This is especially true seeing that there aren't a lot of new jobs coming downtown that are creating additional demand.
^The stats don't support it's needed to entice demand for downtown living. Might help but not needed.
^This might be the most important phrase on Rag for downtown development
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

When will we see phase 2 and 3?

daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Rabble wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:58 pm
FangKC wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:40 pm Los Angeles has much more density that one would think.

Wikipedia says:

Kansas City has a population density of 1,594 people per square mile.

Los Angeles has a population density of 8,495 people per square mile.
It’s dense suburbia, still suburbia. I’m sure Houston would be similar.
Accidently stumbled on this and know my point is irrelevant but I just wanted to say the densest neighborhoods of Los Angeles are denser than the densest neighborhoods of Chicago. LA has numerous very urban areas, it's just connecting it all that seems to be the problem. But LA is much denser than anything Houston has to offer, minus some faux-urban environments of 5-1's which still can't compete with the majority of the city and even some of it's suburbs, Santa Monica, Pasadena, Glendale as examples.
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

renamed ahem... "Arte KC"
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

gfenn11 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:49 pm renamed ahem... "Arte KC"
I'm sorry, but that's a really stupid name.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

B r a n d i n g
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

I think that is short for arteriosclerosis.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Thanks, I hate it.