Twin Creeks

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: Twin Creeks

Post by Critical_Mass »

An hour from downtown gets you to Topeka, KS!
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

fry's new and 4B lease pending and is small space
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

SWFan wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:25 am
normalthings wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:45 pm Wish these suburban dollars flew downtown.
The upside is the developments in the Northland are mostly all within 15 miles of downtown. Versus the Johnson County developments which are an hour from downtown and cater mostly to people who work in Johnson County thus promoting even less jobs and businesses wanting to be based out of downtown.

Most of the developers between 119th-135th street are >30 minutes from downtown. I lived down there last year and it’s a quick drive. Even BluHawk is only 26 minutes and the Great Mall is 27 minutes. People over exaggerate JoCo by a ton while not batting an eye at new developments in LS, Blue Springs, or Belton, most of which are a few miles further from downtown than the Legends is. BTW, legends is closer to downtown than Adams Dairy Landing and Summit Fair.
Critical_Mass wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:31 am An hour from downtown gets you to Topeka, KS!
Correct. I drove from 135th-downtown all the time last year. Before they tore up I-35, it was a pretty quick drive. Right now it takes about half an hour to get from Mission to BVW, But that’s because 35 is torn up from Johnson almost all the way to US 69
bchociej
Ambassador

Post by bchociej »

I've lived at 169 & 152 in the Northland as well as 135th & Pflumm in JoCo. Getting to/from the city from out south is soul crushing compared to the Northland drive. It's double the distance (although not always double the drive time), and IMO driving in outer Johnson County just plain sucks. It really is a disproportionally exhausting drive for a city of our size. Plus, the southern frontier of the city just keeps marching outward, whereas there's plenty of infill happening in the sparser Northland. Growing up in the Northland, a drive downtown was a relatively easy 15 minute affair. Living in Olathe, I resisted going into KC at all costs. Moving closer to the city center was one of the best decisions I've made.
City Council Member for Ward 4 in Mission, KS
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

bchociej wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:50 am Getting to/from the city from out south is soul crushing compared to the Northland drive.
The single worst section of road of any commute I''ve done was I-35 NB between US 69 and 75th St. That one small portion was 1/3 to 1/2 my commute some days. Sometimes it was a <25mph road.

Burlington is a huge pain and it moves faster than that part of I-35 at peak use.

It's a great example of how widenings increase traffic because the extra cars just found a new problem spot.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Per latest Site Plan Ollie's Bargain Outlet coming first one In KC area,Bath and Works,Multi Family,proposed multi Teneat building and Retail Experience Pad Site.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Enclave at Twin Creeks. 144 duplex units on 13 acres. Up for CPC tomorrow. Located between Madison Ave and 169. Boring project, but at least adding some residential to this big box strip center.

Madison at Twin Creeks - 198 units. Across the street west from duplex development.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Any density in the Northland is welcome.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Not sure if this topic is for the shopping center or the neighborhood. 144 units and 31,000 sq ft retail proposed for NW corner of the 169 and Shoal Creek Parkway.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Good to know. A Convenience Store and Drive-Thru among but Packet for Meeting not Online yet.
bspecht
New York Life
New York Life

Post by bspecht »

Cooper's Hawk incoming, north of 152. https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... llage.html
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

bspecht wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:05 pm Cooper's Hawk incoming, north of 152. https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... llage.html
Are you positive? Twin Creeks is south of 152.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

It does say Tiffany Springs Rd & Platte Purchase, which is north of 152.

I've driven all those backroads in all seasons and all times of day. All this bland boring suburban buildout to make it more appeasing for JoCo makes me so sad.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

It's on Pad 5.

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... ttachments

https://www.mdmgt.com/retail/twin-creeks-village/

I don't think the blandness of the Northland is intended to make it appealing for Johnson County. JoCo is a ways away, and they have enough food and retail options to not frequently have to come up north except to use the airport.

This is just a standard suburban development the architects start with one standard design and plop it down with a few changes. KC has fostered low density suburban development in the Northland by building lots of highways and minimal transit, bad, low value and auto-dependent land use (large lot sizes), no street grids and thus people have to drive everywhere which requires a lot of parking (16 spots per 1000 sq/ft per the plans).

Compare this to the Plaza Cooper's Hawk which, for the record, the Plaza isn't exactly the most car-free shopping center in the world. It's located on .541 ac lot in a 56,040 sqft building shared with Barns and Noble and West Elm with shared parking structures surrounding it.

The Twin Creeks CH sits on a 2.45 ac lot with 11k sq ft restaurant and 176 parking spaces. Not exactly a high-value use of the land.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:36 pm It does say Tiffany Springs Rd & Platte Purchase, which is north of 152.

I've driven all those backroads in all seasons and all times of day. All this bland boring suburban buildout to make it more appeasing for JoCo makes me so sad.
Right. I just realized I was thinking of Creekside Village. Too many damn creeks around here. Lol.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

alejandro46 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:44 pm It's on Pad 5.

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... ttachments

https://www.mdmgt.com/retail/twin-creeks-village/

I don't think the blandness of the Northland is intended to make it appealing for Johnson County. JoCo is a ways away, and they have enough food and retail options to not frequently have to come up north except to use the airport.

This is just a standard suburban development the architects start with one standard design and plop it down with a few changes. KC has fostered low density suburban development in the Northland by building lots of highways and minimal transit, bad, low value and auto-dependent land use (large lot sizes), no street grids and thus people have to drive everywhere which requires a lot of parking (16 spots per 1000 sq/ft per the plans).

Compare this to the Plaza Cooper's Hawk which, for the record, the Plaza isn't exactly the most car-free shopping center in the world. It's located on .541 ac lot in a 56,040 sqft building shared with Barns and Noble and West Elm with shared parking structures surrounding it.

The Twin Creeks CH sits on a 2.45 ac lot with 11k sq ft restaurant and 176 parking spaces. Not exactly a high-value use of the land.
I agree. Not much reason other than the airport for people from JoCo to drive up here or anyone in the northland to travel down there.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:36 pm It does say Tiffany Springs Rd & Platte Purchase, which is north of 152.

Oh you want one to come to Johnson County aokay.