4711 Belleview

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
CrossroadsUrbanApts
Ambassador

Re: 4711 Belleview

Post by CrossroadsUrbanApts »

Crowdsourcing ideas here because I admit I am not an expert on the Plaza. But what would be a good use for this land? I focus on multifamily so that is what I would lead with. Would mixed use work? I'm guessing too far from the Plaza proper to do anything but small retail spaces in a strategic corner. Personally I would take a more modern-looking approach to the architecture than trying to capture some faux-Plaza experience.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

CrossroadsUrbanApts wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:18 pm Crowdsourcing ideas here because I admit I am not an expert on the Plaza. But what would be a good use for this land? I focus on multifamily so that is what I would lead with. Would mixed use work? I'm guessing too far from the Plaza proper to do anything but small retail spaces in a strategic corner. Personally I would take a more modern-looking approach to the architecture than trying to capture some faux-Plaza experience.
Could be a good location for “neighborhood businesses.” Eye center, Walgreens, etc.
Walker
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Walker »

CrossroadsUrbanApts wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:18 pm Crowdsourcing ideas here because I admit I am not an expert on the Plaza. But what would be a good use for this land? I focus on multifamily so that is what I would lead with. Would mixed use work? I'm guessing too far from the Plaza proper to do anything but small retail spaces in a strategic corner. Personally I would take a more modern-looking approach to the architecture than trying to capture some faux-Plaza experience.
Luxury senior housing is an ever-growing industry. Just off Plaza in a walkable area would allow seniors to stay mobile longer and could be a selling point.
jasty5
Pad site
Pad site

Post by jasty5 »

As a nearby resident I’d love to see something like a
Walgreens or CVS anchored development. I think you have to couple it with residential to make it viable, but the area needs to add a few more neighborhood services. The slope and the one way street do make access more challenging...
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

jasty5 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:53 pm As a nearby resident I’d love to see something like a
Walgreens or CVS anchored development. I think you have to couple it with residential to make it viable, but the area needs to add a few more neighborhood services. The slope and the one way street do make access more challenging...
But not a drug store. There's three CVS stores and two Walgreens within 5 minutes

Need to start tearing down homes and increase density before another drug store will be viable around the plaza area
CrossroadsUrbanApts
Ambassador

Post by CrossroadsUrbanApts »

Cars were really ripping down Belleview on that section when I was walking around today. Would make entering and exiting a parking garage on Belleview a real challenge without changes to the street. Also terrible for the pedestrian experience. I don't understand why all those streets around there are one-way to begin with. Has there been any significant effort to change them back to two-way like has been done elsewhere in KC?
jasty5
Pad site
Pad site

Post by jasty5 »

flyingember wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:16 am
jasty5 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:53 pm As a nearby resident I’d love to see something like a
But not a drug store. There's three CVS stores and two Walgreens within 5 minutes

Need to start tearing down homes and increase density before another drug store will be viable around the plaza area
A boutique grocer then. I'm lazy and want it all. Maybe something like the boutique grocer in the Central West End in STL.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

If they changed the orientation of the streets to be two way, I could see this being a nice sized apartment building with a target on the bottom. That’s what I would like to see anyway
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

The property has seen "a lot of traffic" since its listing, he said, adding that as of Tuesday, he is working on letters of intent with qualified national multifamily developers.

Napovanice said he believes a prospective buyer could build approximately 280 apartments on the combined 1.7 acres, potentially modifying Action Pact's "beautiful" existing plan, or even enlisting the companies composing the former development team, in the process.

Action Pact already has completed an estimated 90% of project documents, including a traffic impact study and a 13-core geological survey, he said — "They were literally on their final weeks of getting it done.”
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity ... 5YjNHaSJ9
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

Looks like 'The Dylan' might be coming back online...

A development plan permit was submitted today for a 12 story building, above 4 below-grade levels of parking with 342 units, along with street-facing commercial and pedestrian improvements.

No viewable attachments as of yet.

Most of the parcels mentioned in this permit are owned by "The Dylan At 4711 Belleview LLC".

KCDowntown
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Contacts page for this one says architect is El Dorado and engineer is Kimley-Horn. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCDowntown wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:42 pm Looks like 'The Dylan' might be coming back online...

A development plan permit was submitted today for a 12 story building, above 4 below-grade levels of parking with 342 units, along with street-facing commercial and pedestrian improvements.

No viewable attachments as of yet.

Most of the parcels mentioned in this permit are owned by "The Dylan At 4711 Belleview LLC".

KCDowntown
That LLC has listed the site for years. I suspect Ryan Cos is the buyer/developer
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Link has been changed with a better description...
4711 Belleview is a mixed use, new construction project located at the intersection of 48th Street & Belleview Ave. The building includes four levels of parking below grade, a landscaped park level amenity deck with multiple pedestrian connections, streetscape improvements, street facing commercial space, and high-rise residential units. The site is currently zoned MPD except for parcel # 142437 (former JJ's restaurant) which would be rezoned as part of this project. The design also proposes 2-way traffic along the section of 48th Street between Belleview Avenue and Roanoke Parkway.
https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... 76fea4acbc

Also, I found some renderings of another plan for this site out there on the web by a different architecture firm. Too bad that plan wasn't chosen.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

https://twitter.com/KCBJ_Thomas/status/ ... yOS9AX357A
Here are new visuals for Lane4's 338-apartment proposal at 4711 Belleview. At different corners, the building's height would extend four to 41 feet above Midtown/Plaza Area Plan's 130-foot cap, requiring a variance. City Plan Commission is scheduled to review plans August 2

daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

An improvement from older design. I really think modern architecture compliments older buildings. Also luv how they managed only one entrance/exit. Fingers crossed this has a smooth approval phase and even spurs a similar project for the failed Nordstrom site, which would turn the whole fallout into a blessing. Lastly Lane4 is solid, besides Sunflower and Milhaus they have continued to break ground throughout the pandemic which I view as a sign of strength. Good chance this gets built.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Doesn’t look that bad, but the renderings aren’t doing any favors. Once nicer once’s come out, it’ll likely look better. Que the pissed Plaza area people who won’t like the design because it’s too modern.

I will say, and it’s a personal opinion, the other plan I saw looked a bit better than this.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:13 pm Que the pissed Plaza area people who won’t like the design because it’s too modern.
And they're right. This isn't a good design for the Plaza. Atleast the other one gave a nod to the character. This would be amazing downtown.

I'll take it over nothing- and atleast it's not really inside the Plaza- but I hate the modern aspect of it.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:13 pm Doesn’t look that bad, but the renderings aren’t doing any favors. Once nicer once’s come out, it’ll likely look better. Que the pissed Plaza area people who won’t like the design because it’s too modern.

I will say, and it’s a personal opinion, the other plan I saw looked a bit better than this.
Am curious was the other design more atypical to the usual Mediterranean/Moorish vibes?