St. Louis/CWE studio gang skyscraper proposal

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Re: St. Louis/CWE studio gang skyscraper proposal

Post by Chris Stritzel »

100 Above the Park progress as of January 31st. The glass has been installed all the way to the top floor and the metal accenting his starting to be installed on the lower floors. It looks to be aluminum but I cannot confirm.

Leasing has also started recently with the http://www.liveat100.com being updated to include floor plans, rent numbers, and offer drone views that residents will get on certain floors. Some interesting things to note...
  1. We are in a slow period of leasing right now. Normally winter in STL is slow on people signing leases. Despite this, One Hundred is at 48 units pre-leased (15%).
  2. The units will open in phases. Floors 7-14 will open on July 15th. Floors 15-27 will open on August 17th. Floors 28-36 will open on September 7th.
  3. A leasing trailer was recently put on the neighboring parking lot. It's pretty subtle so most people don't know it's there.
  4. The units offered here will boast of some the highest rent per square foot in St. Louis ranging from $3.20PSF to $3.93PSF.
Below are photos of the building from today. To see the metal, click on the photo below to zoom in.

GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

This is one of my favorite buildings going up anywhere in the country right now. Odd that it's in St Louis, and not even downtown. I think the location is what makes the design of this building work even more though.

But why ruin it with that ugly 7 story above ground parking structure? Yuck.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Unusual in that both sides have spectacular, if different views. Views over Forest Park similar to those from choice rooms at the Chase-Park. The downtown views are probably the best view of DT St. Louis and the Arch from the entire Missouri side of the Mississippi.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

moderne wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:50 pm Unusual in that both sides have spectacular, if different views. Views over Forest Park similar to those from choice rooms at the Chase-Park. The downtown views are probably the best view of DT St. Louis and the Arch from the entire Missouri side of the Mississippi.
Most definitely the best view in St. Louis of the Arch and the Central Corridor of the City. It makes St. Louis seem larger. These photos are from the One Hundred twitter page.

kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Wow! Very nice. Love this project.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

GRID wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:56 pm This is one of my favorite buildings going up anywhere in the country right now. Odd that it's in St Louis, and not even downtown. I think the location is what makes the design of this building work even more though.

But why ruin it with that ugly 7 story above ground parking structure? Yuck.
I think the garage is on the back side. Not ideal, but hidden along the main frontage.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Took a walk in the Clifton Heights neighborhood, which is on the Southwest side, today since it was nice (about 66 degrees). This is from the Columbia Avenue sidewalk at Clifton Park. I wonder if this view will be blocked once the trees have leaves on them. It's a net perspective.

Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Some photos from today.

Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

100 Above the Park will open to residents in the coming days. The leasing office has moved indoors from a trailer that was on the North parking lot. The building itself has already become an icon for the Central West End. Metal installation on the upper 29 floors is nearly complete. Installation of the parking garage screen is 50% complete. Some sidewalks have been poured as well.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

This building is great.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Love it!
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Something like this would be amazing rising over a restored Penn Valley Park in KC
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:38 am Something like this would be amazing rising over a restored Penn Valley Park in KC
Build it on top of that parking garage next door to the tall white tower that's by the skate park. It would look good there.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

This building is an absolute stunner. Really unique and memorable design.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

I toured this building this past Sunday. Here are some pictures...

Lobby...

One Bedroom Model Unit on the 13th floor...

Some up close shots...

Some distance shots. First photos are from near the Spring and Lindell intersection in Midtown. The 3rd is from Rock Hill Missouri.

More photos of mine can be found at this link: https://www.flickr.com/gp/132292918@N06/198T2C
My write up: https://www.cityscene-stl.com/post/insi ... e-the-park
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Noice!
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

This building looks nice! Those rents are high but I mean that's comparable with Lights and Arterra I think.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

alejandro46 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:15 pm This building looks nice! Those rents are high but I mean that's comparable with Lights and Arterra I think.
2 Light studios are 1500-1800 per month. One Hundred are around 1900-2000. Chris give your input, but it appears to me that One Hundred's finishes are not nearly as nice as 2 Light.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

normalthings wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:02 am
alejandro46 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:15 pm This building looks nice! Those rents are high but I mean that's comparable with Lights and Arterra I think.
2 Light studios are 1500-1800 per month. One Hundred are around 1900-2000. Chris give your input, but it appears to me that One Hundred's finishes are not nearly as nice as 2 Light.
On average, One Hundred is about $3.50 per square foot, which is the most expensive in the city of St. Louis and possibly the region (I didn’t find averages for luxury complexes in the ritzy part of town).

The finishes at One Hundred may not look very nice, but they’re high quality. They’re not cheap when you’re messing with them. When comparing pictures of Two Light to One Hundred, you can have a debate on whether or not the finishes are nicer or not. Two Light excels in it’s own thing (making interior design a main thing in a rather simple building) whereas One Hundred has a minimalist interior design style for a non-conventional design. The interior design is supposedly done by Studio Gang to keep everything in a particular style. Two Light was done by someone outside of Hord Coplan Macht.

So for what it’s worth, Two Light and One Hundred have their own things they excel in to make it all worth it. Besides, One Hundred isn’t 100% complete yet. There’s still a lot of stuff waiting to be installed throughout the entire building (literally like 2 floors of the parking garage have lots of stuff sitting in boxes as well as on the upper floors).
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

The interior slanted walls and windows make me feel as if in one of those fun houses where water appears to flow uphill and balls roll uphill.