Companies moving/expanding to KC area

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Companies moving/expanding to KC area

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

I don't think this changes anything about VML's desire or lack of desire for a tower. Wunderman Thompson's KC employees were already at the airport so there's not a need to bring everyone together under one roof or anything, they already are.

And, ultimately, any real estate moves would be done by WPP, not VML, and I don't think any other WPP agencies have a KC presence.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Always find these lists from the KCBJ interesting: Fastest-Growing Businesses in the Kansas City area (Average annual revenue growth, 2020-2022)

Also, I was curious and the geographic midpoint of the full list of 306 companies is NE Johnson County - basically Fairway, KS.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

TheBigChuckbowski wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:55 pm I don't think this changes anything about VML's desire or lack of desire for a tower. Wunderman Thompson's KC employees were already at the airport so there's not a need to bring everyone together under one roof or anything, they already are.

And, ultimately, any real estate moves would be done by WPP, not VML, and I don't think any other WPP agencies have a KC presence.
No need to have WT back office staff in NYC when those job functions can be done in KC at a discount.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Cratedigger wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:09 pm Always find these lists from the KCBJ interesting: Fastest-Growing Businesses in the Kansas City area (Average annual revenue growth, 2020-2022)

Also, I was curious and the geographic midpoint of the full list of 306 companies is NE Johnson County - basically Fairway, KS.
Is it a good sign for your local economy when your second fastest growing business is out of a private home in Leawood (if you check out the address for #2)?
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Highlander wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:50 am
Cratedigger wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:09 pm Always find these lists from the KCBJ interesting: Fastest-Growing Businesses in the Kansas City area (Average annual revenue growth, 2020-2022)

Is it a good sign for your local economy when your second fastest growing business is out of a private home in Leawood (if you check out the address for #2)?
They are most likely a shady company screwing over Medicare and Medicaid
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

This is would be neat... Would make sense for them to locate in KCMO not JoCo too if this does come to fruition. Emphasis mine
Dama Financial: Although it's based in the San Francisco Bay area, the largest provider of banking, payment and compliance solutions for the cannabis industry now has a CEO with Kansas City roots,

CEO Patrick O’Boyle spent virtually his entire career in Kansas City, founding what became MSP Consulting in 2003. And Dama co-founder and Director Dan Henry also is a former president of Leawood-based Euronet Worldwide Inc.

"Right now, Dama is based in the Bay Area, but my goal is to pull that back here at some point and make Kansas City our official home," O’Boyle said in May.
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... 00013cf420
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Some good news for the River Market area in terms of jobs.

https://www.thinkkc.com/news/blog/think ... %20payroll.

But high-paying jobs? $3,000,000/35 = $85,700 . Not exactly high paying.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

What space in the RM are they. gonna be occupying?
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Highlander wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:29 pm Some good news for the River Market area in terms of jobs.

Not exactly high paying, but not a low paying job either. It’s a fair amount. Good news anyways
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Highlander wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:29 pm Some good news for the River Market area in terms of jobs.

That’s 2.5x median KC income
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

we'll take all new companies & business. Company has 35 employees now but if they are a group on the rise they could be up to 100 in no time. We'd all love a "big corporation" that will bring a thousand jobs with it. But getting companies like this and provide an environment to grow & to nurture pays off down the road. Would love to see more and more smaller companies on the rise moving into the downtown area and hopefully they will continue success to become the next wave of big employers. Ones that will be as loyal as possible to staying in KC.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:55 pm What space in the RM are they. gonna be occupying?
Above Breakout KC

116 W 3rd St, Suite 200 Kansas City, MO 64105
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

Bushnell to shutter Overland Park HQ.