Page 107 of 108

Re: Three Light

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:08 pm
by Cratedigger
normalthings wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:00 pm
grecobs wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:46 pm Beautiful pics and super impressive progress. If memory serves, 2 Light, 3 Light, 1400KC, and the Loews hotel were all surface lots. More of this, faster!
1400 was a demo
Such an improvement

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0972799 ... 1664?hl=en

Re: Three Light

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:15 pm
by DColeKC
KCPowercat wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:32 pm I like that dark corner facing south on Main. Looks like an electronic sign is going in that rectangle?
Believe that's just a vertical section of art where you see the metal studs.

Re: Three Light

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:22 am
by normalthings
12% leased now

Re: Three Light

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:36 pm
by DColeKC
normalthings wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:22 am 12% leased now
Actual leasing marketing just started too.

Re: Three Light

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:15 pm
by WoodDraw
I can't read through this entire thread, but glass is going up if you're walking north.

I have a direct shot of it from my balcony so I'll take pictures when it's interesting.

Re: Three Light

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:07 pm
by UMKC Roo
WoodDraw wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:15 pm I can't read through this entire thread, but glass is going up if you're walking north.

I have a direct shot of it from my balcony so I'll take pictures when it's interesting.
Are they gonna cover the garage? it's exposed on Main St side

Re: Three Light

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:23 pm
by DColeKC
UMKC Roo wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:07 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:15 pm I can't read through this entire thread, but glass is going up if you're walking north.

I have a direct shot of it from my balcony so I'll take pictures when it's interesting.
Are they gonna cover the garage? it's exposed on Main St side
Yes, gets wrapped in same material as south side.

Re: Three Light

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:49 pm
by normalthings
DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:23 pm
UMKC Roo wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:07 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:15 pm I can't read through this entire thread, but glass is going up if you're walking north.

I have a direct shot of it from my balcony so I'll take pictures when it's interesting.
Are they gonna cover the garage? it's exposed on Main St side
Yes, gets wrapped in same material as south side.
Yuck

Re: Three Light

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:14 pm
by TheLastGentleman
Image

Re: Three Light

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:19 am
by GRID
Seems like they will need to raise the crane, but I don't see one of those deals that wrap around the tower that helps add more sections.

Re: Three Light

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:33 pm
by normalthings
GRID wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:19 am Seems like they will need to raise the crane, but I don't see one of those deals that wrap around the tower that helps add more sections.
I think 1-2 jumps was posted by JeDunn

Re: Three Light

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:21 am
by kenrbnj
normalthings wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:33 pm
GRID wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:19 am Seems like they will need to raise the crane, but I don't see one of those deals that wrap around the tower that helps add more sections.
I think 1-2 jumps was posted by JeDunn
It is odd, the hoisting collar was not fitted to the crane (unless it is below grade). Would JE Dunn really interrupt a continuous pour to disassemble and reassemble? It'll be interesting to watch how they manage the jump.

https://northamerica.comansa.com/media/ ... lc2100.pdf

Re: Three Light

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:29 am
by GRID
kenrbnj wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:21 am
normalthings wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:33 pm
GRID wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:19 am Seems like they will need to raise the crane, but I don't see one of those deals that wrap around the tower that helps add more sections.
I think 1-2 jumps was posted by JeDunn
It is odd, the hoisting collar was not fitted to the crane (unless it is below grade). Would JE Dunn really interrupt a continuous pour to disassemble and reassemble? It'll be interesting to watch how they manage the jump.

https://northamerica.comansa.com/media/ ... lc2100.pdf
Right. That's what I was confused about. I'm sure they have a plan unless the building will be much shorter than planned lol.

Re: Three Light

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:55 am
by Cratedigger
Interior framing for mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire sprinklers have started this month and elevators are set to be put in starting Oct. 31.
https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/ka ... nue-growth

Re: Three Light

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:19 pm
by UMKC Roo
Found these quotes interesting
After billions of dollars in investment, downtown KC now welcomes over 10 million visitors a year. Twenty years ago, that number was just 225,000.
“We have 60 percent of the people — six, zero — that are moving into our buildings are actually coming from out of the market. So these are people that never lived in KC before

I thought was only 27k last year at census..
Now over 32,000 thousand people live, work and play downtown.
Opening in 1 year
Jansen says September 2023 cannot come fast enough.

Re: Three Light

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:46 pm
by GRID
After billions of dollars in investment, downtown KC now welcomes over 10 million visitors a year. Twenty years ago, that number was just 225,000.

That doesn't even make sense. I'm not downplaying how much downtown KC has improved, but these visitors numbers look extremely cherry picked on both ends.

And I hope way more than 32k work downtown. That sounds like residents alone.

Re: Three Light

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:55 pm
by normalthings
UMKC Roo wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:19 pm Found these quotes interesting
After billions of dollars in investment, downtown KC now welcomes over 10 million visitors a year. Twenty years ago, that number was just 225,000.
“We have 60 percent of the people — six, zero — that are moving into our buildings are actually coming from out of the market. So these are people that never lived in KC before

I thought was only 27k last year at census..
Now over 32,000 thousand people live, work and play downtown.
Opening in 1 year
Jansen says September 2023 cannot come fast enough.
Census is well below what DowntownKC org has always polled.


I tend to think DowntownKC org might have a better hold on the population count downtown.

Re: Three Light

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:01 pm
by DColeKC
Not sure on the amount of residents but the amount of visitors is accurate.

Re: Three Light

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:11 am
by KCPowercat
DColeKC wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:01 pm Not sure on the amount of residents but the amount of visitors is accurate.
What is their (and your) source on this to confirm it's accurate?

Re: Three Light

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:12 am
by KCPowercat
GRID wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:46 pm After billions of dollars in investment, downtown KC now welcomes over 10 million visitors a year. Twenty years ago, that number was just 225,000.

And I hope way more than 32k work downtown. That sounds like residents alone.
Yeah kinda dumb phrasing.