Aviara - Masterplanned Community in Liberty

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
KCFan
New York Life
New York Life

Aviara - Masterplanned Community in Liberty

Post by KCFan »

http://aviara.life/

3300 residential unit community by David Gale of Gale Communities and Tom Hart out of Denver. Would be great for Liberty considering there's been almost no residential development in Liberty the past decade (it's all in KCMO).
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Aviara - Masterplanned Community in Liberty

Post by flyingember »

This is on the former site of New Town at Liberty, more or less.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

It's a Gale development, so expect it to be done very slowly.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

https://www.mycouriertribune.com/news/c ... 2b5d6.html

Name Update: "Montage Liberty." Allege groundbreaking this Martch if Liberty council adopts measure letting them change design w/o further city approval. As it's been 7 years going, i would be very surprised if it's not more than just mostly sfh.
“We have been in front of the council for around 10 years,” he said. “It’s a project we want to do right. There will be villages that look at single-family residential and community entities to restaurants and office space.”

What’s in the plan

Hart said plans include more than 170 acres of open space, 2.2 million square-feet of commercial space, 1,557 single-family residential spaces, 198 spaces for active adult, single-family residential, 976 apartments, 466 mixed-use residential units and 160 hotel rooms. The development team created 10 guiding principles for the plan. The principles include environmental enrichment and protection, a welcoming atmosphere, diversity and sustainability.

The developers’ massive proposal also includes a trail system, butterfly and zen gardens, pocket parks, sledding hill, fishing lakes, an amphitheater, arts center, demonstration farm and a stable.

Gale told the Liberty City Council Monday, Aug. 15, about their desire to create a place that inspires active living. He said the plan is to build soccer fields, which are needed for Liberty Parks and Recreation. The land also has space for an additional elementary school, he said.

Assistance developers seek

Hart said the development timeline would hinge on the city council approving a planned development flex, which allows developers to make some design changes without needing further city approval.

GaleHart also seeks the city’s tax-increment financing commission’s approval of a special reimbursement plan to the tune of roughly 19% of the $1.9 billion total build project value, or roughly $379 million, according to the proposal.

After the Liberty School Board meeting Tuesday, Aug. 16, Superintendent Jeremy Tucker said GaleHart Communities co-founders have visited with district leaders for years.

“We are now looking at what the financing could mean for the district and are doing it quickly before the (city’s TIF) commission meeting,” Tucker said. The TIF commission is scheduled to meet Aug. 30.

If approved, the first phase of development is slated for groundbreaking March 1.

At the Monday city meeting, Councilmen Harold Phillips and Kevin Graham asked about traffic as the development plan includes a possible addition of 10,000 people when fully developed. They asked about the impact on Glenn Hendren Drive and Lightburne Street as well as 104th and 112th streets. Gale said there are plans for “traffic-calming” roundabouts and more signalization. A flyover is also possible over I-35.

“We have fallen in love with Liberty,” Gale said of his company’s desire to develop in the city. “Your downtown, historic preservation and saving trees is that competitive difference. There is a community fabric.”
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Jesus, that's huge. 10,000 residents be a 30% increase for liberty.
KCFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by KCFan »

Will be interesting to see if more of the growth shifts to Liberty from KCMO. Liberty has been stagnant for over a decade, but has tremendous opportunity to grow to the North, East, and South. Great to see this development revived.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Wonder if there are plans to widen 35 then. The stretch from liberty to KC where it goes to 2 lanes is one of the most clogged stretches of interstate in the region
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Dang, that’s huge but there is so much land and potential for Liberty. I mean it stretches from Liberty Hospital to the MO River. Tons of potential.

I would expect I35 would have to be widened all through there. With the new warehouse/logistics park at Pleasant Valley/Liberty and a ton of new residential potential? Yes, 35 is going to need a complete overhaul from almost Kearney to downtown
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Have there been any updates on this project?
KCFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by KCFan »

I haven't really kept up with it, but here's their web site:

https://montageliberty.com/
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

KCFan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:32 pm I haven't really kept up with it, but here's their web site:

https://montageliberty.com/
So far nothing has happened there. I just assumed the project was dead.
KCFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by KCFan »

Here's the last article I could find on it. First phase was supposed to break ground in Spring 2023, but I haven't seen anything.

https://www.mycouriertribune.com/news/c ... 2b5d6.html