KU barely gets by KSU

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

KU barely gets by KSU

Post by trailerkid »

This game must've been low on the priority list for everyone. KU plays like @#$. KU fans at AFH support the team like !@$#. And this board could give a !@$%.

Seriously, KSU played with some heart. KU continues to play like they're heavily sedated. I realize it's still early in the season, but these guys look like they're going through the motions. Booorrrring!
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

KU barely gets by KSU

Post by phxcat »

We would have had you, too, if Canby hadn't gone in at the end of the first half- he got manhandled. Gave up seven points all by himself!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

KU barely gets by KSU

Post by KCPowercat »

Oh I cared....pissed as hell too. Should have won that game. It is funny to hear KU fans pitching the injury card and the "we played like crap, KSU played the best they can play" card.......

I'd like to say we win in Manhattan but if recent history holds true, that will be a blowout.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

KU barely gets by KSU

Post by trailerkid »

C'mon...you cannot honestly say that KU is evenly matched with KSU player for player.

KU deserved to lose for their current apathetic style of play, they just won with some luck and more talent.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

KU barely gets by KSU

Post by phxcat »

If that was the same KU team that played Stanford, Oregon, Nevada and Villanova, then yes, we honestly can say that. This is not the same team as last year. As much as I hated Kirk Hinrich and Nick Colleson, they were the difference.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

KU barely gets by KSU

Post by trailerkid »

If you think KU and KSU are evenly matched...I don't think I can continue any more discussion on college basketball. :shock:
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

KU barely gets by KSU

Post by phxcat »

Not yet- but we are getting there!
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

KU barely gets by KSU

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

phxcat wrote:Not yet- but we are getting there!
Don't count on it...KU will always get the prime recruits, just look at next years incoming freshman class. Rivals.com has it ranked as a top 5 class. Just like NC State will never have the same recruiting power as UNC, although NC State has had some very good teams in the past just like K-State, they will never rise to UNC's level.
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

KU barely gets by KSU

Post by staubio »

I wouldn't say the teams could "never" be competitive. Yes, better teams have continued ways to remain better, but things happen. Look at college football as an example. Basketball may have more tradition and take a little longer, but it can happen.

If you'd tell me that Oklahoma would be a powerhouse 10 years ago, or even that Kansas State would beat Nebraska consistently 10 years ago, we'd all be saying it won't happen.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

KU barely gets by KSU

Post by phxcat »

If you had said That K-State could consistently go to a bowl game fifteen years ago- or even that K-state could go to more than one bowl game- you would have been locked up. Things change. K-State has great basketball tradition- you wouldn't know it by the way we have played in the 90's, but that was the worst decade of in K-State's history, by far. We are yet to see what Bill Self can do on a consistent basis. The jury is out on Wooldride too, but he is recruiting very well for a team that has been struggling to get out of the cellar. Think about what a few years in the NCAA will do!

We aren't there yet, but never say never!