Hospital Hill activity

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
moderne
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Hospital Hill activity

Post by moderne » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:14 pm

Which indicates to be acquired from the University of MO(and something else that I cannot make out). Which does not answer where will dental patients park, the overload lot is 2 blocks away. I know the dental college has wanted to build anew east of TMC for years but the legislature in Jeff City has not been willing to fund.

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by flyingember » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:57 am

moderne wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:14 pm
Which indicates to be acquired from the University of MO(and something else that I cannot make out). Which does not answer where will dental patients park, the overload lot is 2 blocks away. I know the dental college has wanted to build anew east of TMC for years but the legislature in Jeff City has not been willing to fund.
Are you actually worried that a college student would have to walk two blocks? There's an actual school owned parking garage one block away from that site.

In college all my classes were six blocks away from housing and most of the commuter parking was further than that. Mizzou's distances make that look like nothing.

moderne
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by moderne » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:40 am

Not students I am wondering about, but patients. Nowhere did I mention students.

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by flyingember » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:40 am

moderne wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:40 am
Not students I am wondering about, but patients. Nowhere did I mention students.
Same thing. It's more than a block from the children's mercy patient parking just to the security desk.

FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by FangKC » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:39 pm

OMG, patients will have to walk two blocks!

moderne
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by moderne » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:26 am

Patients are people with medical needs. Dental patients tend to be older, as healthy people under 40 or 50 usually have not developed many severe dental or tooth loss problems. Humans used to not live much over 40 and teeth seem to not want to last much more than that. There are lots of elderly going to the dental school due to affordability and for many walking 2 blocks could be a struggle. But I am fine with healthy people walking or people with dental problems due to poor hygiene, crappy diet, or meth!

normalthings
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by normalthings » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:14 pm

moderne wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:26 am
Patients are people with medical needs. Dental patients tend to be older, as healthy people under 40 or 50 usually have not developed many severe dental or tooth loss problems. Humans used to not live much over 40 and teeth seem to not want to last much more than that. There are lots of elderly going to the dental school due to affordability and for many walking 2 blocks could be a struggle. But I am fine with healthy people walking or people with dental problems due to poor hygiene, crappy diet, or meth!
Agreed

FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by FangKC » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:54 pm

The dental school provides valet parking for handicapped people.
For Handicapped Parking –
Enter the Dental School parking lot from Holmes (just behind the Dental School) and contact the attendant in the Dental Booth. Valet parking is available for those with disability plates or placards through the attendant at the Dental Booth.
https://dentistry.umkc.edu/location-and-parking/

When Childrens Mercy Hospital starts to build on the existing parking lot, the dental school has the option to move handicapped parking to the grassy area on the NW corner of 25th and Holmes.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0817164 ... 8192?hl=en

The dental school also has a parking lot on the west side of Children's Mercy. It is currently the parking lot for dental faculty, and faculty practice dental patients.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0826554 ... !1e3?hl=en

normalthings
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by normalthings » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:32 pm