The Colts deserved the win

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Sluggish.

That's the word I'd use to describe the Chiefs in the fourth quarter, culminating in the positively lackluster wedge attempt at the very end.

An anticlimactic waste of an incredible season.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

they didnt deserve it.
the chiefs deserve it alot more! they pushed the whole season and turned their reputation and act around. We WILL get it next year. No one is going to stop us. :evil: :x :evil: :x
(you can tell i am ticked)
but i'm sure i'll get over it.
but the colts did not deserve it!
The 92 yard run by Dante proves we deserve it.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Can we say that about 40% of the players on the defensive side of the ball will lose their jobs...including the defensive coach? Anyhow, Eric Warfeild belongs in Arena Football.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

If the Chiefs deserved to win, they would have stopped the Colts once! Doesn't it seem like the defense was mediocre at the start o the season? What happened to that?
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Just one stop or not having the turn over and we would have one. Colts defence it just as bad.

I'm used to it.

Chiefs
Royals
Tigers
no hockey
being surrounded by KS college fans ;)

Life as a KCMO sports fan :|
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

Chiefs deserved a win my ass. The OFFENSE deserved a win. SPECIAL TEAMS deserved a win. The defense and GROB deserve the unemployment line. No team lets opponents consistently score 30+ points and advances to the Super Bowl.

But let's hear it for Dante, Holmes and DV. Three amazing accomplishments for each this season.

=D>
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

86 days until Opening Day at the K!
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

We're lucky the Chiefs didn't get any further because they would have been even more embarrassed in the Super Bowl or AFC Championship. If this is how the defense plays in a playoff game at home, imagine what would happen (has) somewhere else when the pressure is really on. It is really unwatchable to see that defense take the field knowing the other team is guaranteed to score.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

not one freaking stop....you don't deserve anything when you do that.

8/11 3rd down conversations...

crowd was LOUD the entire game....ESPECIALLY after Dante's return? and what does the defense do? 12 men on the field on a 3rd and 11....nice freaking defense.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Well, the 12 man thing was more Manning's football smarts than KC's error. But I wholeheartedly agree.

It makes me sick to think of all those Chiefs fans at that game who traveled near and far to come see the Chiefs return to the Playoffs. They were men and women, young and old, wealthy and working class, all colors, all screaming their heads off for their Chiefs....their Chiefs.

And they were all royally let down by the most pitiful NFL defense in recent memory. I just cannot comprehend how a defense that was utterly worked up and down the field by Denver and Minnesota weeks ago could still be just as bad if not worse in a Playoff game at home. I know the Chiefs have some of the most loyal fans anywhere on the planet, but this has to hurt them a lot.
Last edited by trailerkid on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

trailer...if Robinson's defense didn't call for 500 player switches per game....

ahh screw it, it was a fun year.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
fire4725
Pad site
Pad site

Post by fire4725 »

The Cheifs don't deserve a thing. The Cheifs got beat by the Cincinnati Bengals. I hear so much about KC being better than Cincy. Heads shoud've been rollin' down I-70 after that.[/quote]
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

fire why are you always opposing everyone? Do you want a fight or just to get attention? It is very annoying and doesnt earn you friends. Take it from someone who knows alot more about it.
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DiggityDawg »

Let's not let Vermeil totally off the hook here, gang :

1. He had the chance to can Robinson at the end of last season ( and SHOULD HAVE ) , but his loyalty got the best of him.

2. Kicking the ball deep - down 7 with 4 minutes to go - instead of going for an onside kick was dumb, dumb, dumb. Why would you expect the defense to stop Indy at this point when they hadn't done it yet all day?
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

DiggityDawg wrote:2. Kicking the ball deep - down 7 with 4 minutes to go - instead of going for an onside kick was dumb, dumb, dumb. Why would you expect the defense to stop Indy at this point when they hadn't done it yet all day?
Both defenses sucked! Neither one could've stopped the other teams offensive. If you really wanna know what costed us the game:

1. Johnny Morton's terrible hands at the 4 yard line when he dropped that first down catch which resulted in a Morten Anderson missed feild goal that wouldn't have helped anyway. Johnny needed that first down so we could have three more chances at the end zone before half-time. I think he has some of the worst hands in the league.

2. Priest Holmes rare fumble. The only other fumble he had this season was on a similar break-away run for big yardage.

If these two mistakes wouldn't have occured, we could've won the game by the score of 45 to 38.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.