Manhattan, KS Development

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
bspecht
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Manhattan, KS Development

Post by bspecht »

Interesting mixed-use plan along the north side of Aggieville.
https://themercury.com/news/city-to-con ... 96b061.htm

daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Solid infill especially for the little apple. Tbr I'm kinda surprised we aren't seeing similar projects proposed for LFK and CoMo by the handful.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

daGOAT wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:37 am Solid infill especially for the little apple. Tbr I'm kinda surprised we aren't seeing similar projects proposed for LFK and CoMo by the handful.
CoMo has had a ton of new student apartments build downtown. I dont think there is any more demand especially after enrollment has leveled off. Not sure if many mix-use has broken ground downtown in the past 3-4 years in Como. You had the Rise on Ninth, by far the tallest project, going up when I lived in CoMo and I kind of knew that the demand was tapped out. Completed 2017

Another mixed-use that I liked is the Brookside Downtown, which incorporated re-building Shakespere's pizza, adding retail and apartments above. Location is across the street from Mizzou. Completed 2015
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

alejandro46 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:54 am
daGOAT wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:37 am Solid infill especially for the little apple. Tbr I'm kinda surprised we aren't seeing similar projects proposed for LFK and CoMo by the handful.
CoMo has had a ton of new student apartments build downtown. I dont think there is any more demand especially after enrollment has leveled off. Not sure if many mix-use has broken ground downtown in the past 3-4 years in Como. You had the Rise on Ninth, by far the tallest project, going up when I lived in CoMo and I kind of knew that the demand was tapped out. Completed 2017

Another mixed-use that I liked is the Brookside Downtown, which incorporated re-building Shakespere's pizza, adding retail and apartments above. Location is across the street from Mizzou. Completed 2015
I recall a proposal for a hotel at the legendary Hitt Mini Mart. I think a modern glass design would look great on Broadway personally.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

That was my go-to liquor store within walking but would be a good location for a hotel. I know the Broaway hotel is working on another tower but it has been delayed because of Covid.

I was able to find this other hotel project, not sure if it's the one you are thinking of on Cherry Street. It's now just a parking lot and small office building. I used to live right near this area, so No Gas was a easy walk.

https://www.como.gov/Maps/Cases/Applica ... 9-2020.pdf
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I have some memories as well about that Hitt mini-mart. In my day, it was a 7-11. My friends used to live catty corner across the street where that apartment building is now. Back then, it was a two-story house at 204 Hitt that had once been a Chinese restaurant, that had been converted back into a rental house. The entire interior still had the garish red and mustard-yellow paint scheme from the Chinese Restaurant, red carpeting, and the pole with the restaurant sign was still in the front yard. We had so many off-campus parties in the house that it became famous within a couple of dorm groups. All you had to say was "there's a party at the Chinese restaurant" and everyone knew what you meant.
bspecht
New York Life
New York Life

Post by bspecht »

So back to Manhattan...

Recent big project win for the City, NBAF, University & State.

Kansas lands a $650 million plant to make vaccines and fight biological threats
https://www.kcur.org/news/2022-04-18/ka ... al-threats