Politics

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Politics

Post by normalthings »

Cratedigger wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:00 pm
Link2 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:27 pm
normalthings wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:24 pm Notable Earmark Requests:

Harry S. Truman Library and Mu- seum, Kansas City, MO MO $11,500,000 Blunt
That’s great to see!
Did he get this? He didn't list this request on his press release

https://www.blunt.senate.gov/news/press ... nding-bill
Must not have in the end,was a request
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Link2 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:52 pmYou still plan on doxxing me as you mentioned in that PM you just sent?
...anyone going to follow up on this?
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:58 pm
Link2 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:52 pmYou still plan on doxxing me as you mentioned in that PM you just sent?
What a dick move.

If you want to be public that’s your choice. But I’m glad there is the option to be anonymous on this site and I hope everyone respects others enough to keep it that way
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I looked into this. He gone.

Protip: don't threaten to dox people on a forum where you provide your email address to register and we log your IP every time you visit. Jesus.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

mean wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:02 am

Protip: don't threaten to dox people on a forum where you provide your email address to register and we log your IP every time you visit. Jesus.
Correct move no doubt, he really went off the rails recently, why take the politics thread of a city development forum that serious is beyond me.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Fountain is finally gone?

Thank God. I didn’t want to say anything about it because I didn’t want to get one of his famous DM’s on the side and antagonize him. Nobody, and I fully mean nobody, was even close to being as much of a giant piece of shit person as that guy was. He also hated KC for some weird reason and I had to hold my tongue about 50 times from just writing in all caps “why are you even here???”
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Yeah! Only YOU get to make the threats on here.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

DColeKC wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:05 pm

There’s making threats to ban people from a forum, and making threats to share intentionally withheld personal information from a group of strangers on the internet…
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:20 pm

There’s making threats to ban people from a forum, and making threats to share intentionally withheld personal information from a group of strangers on the internet…
Threats are threats and he just made another one implying he has all the info, fuck up and he'll dox you back.

I agree 100% that no one, regardless of what they say or do should be doxxed on this forum. Years ago, people (still on here) tried to dox me forcing me to go away for awhile before creating a new account. Agreeable people won't be punished, that's clear.

EDIT: And what exactly was the doxxing threat? It was a PM, do we get to find out if he in fact threatened to dox someone or we taking link2's word for it?
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

DColeKC wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:29 pm
I agree 100% that no one, regardless of what they say or do should be doxxed on this forum. Years ago, people (still on here) tried to dox me forcing me to go away for awhile before creating a new account. Agreeable people won't be punished, that's clear.
I think it goes without saying that this is messed up too.

Wasn’t there an attempt to write a code of conduct on here and the only two rules that were thrown out were be respectful and don’t reveal other’s personal info?
Link2
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Link2 »

Threats are threats and he just made another one implying he has all the info, fuck up and he'll dox you back.

EDIT: And what exactly was the doxxing threat? It was a PM, do we get to find out if he in fact threatened to dox someone or we taking link2's word for it?
It’s still in my inbox and I have a screenshot.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I collected the evidence. All the mods have it now and can verify. It was legit.

And I was never threatening to dox anyone. I see how you would interpret it that way, particularly since you already think I'm an asshole, I was just commenting on how stupid someone has to be to make that kind of threat on a forum where you have willfully given up YOUR VERY OWN PII. Not because I would share it with you shitters, but because I can easily provide it to law enforcement in the event that a potential victim wanted to pursue a harassment, stalking, whatever claim.

Also, I'm pretty sure I only threaten to ban one person on any kind of regular basis (you should take some sort of pride in that, maybe?), I still haven't done it (perhaps in that too, you come SO close to crossing the line sometimes that I can't even see the space between); even so, the last "threat" you may recall was actually me looking for, and finding, a reason not to ban you. :P

edit: And if anyone tries to dox you (or anyone) EVER, let us know. I don't recall anyone previously reporting threats to us, but if there were people threatening to dox you, I wish you'd have said something. That is insta-bannable.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

I mean.. Nobody seemed to care when Nick Benjamin was doxxed on here. In fact, many cheered it. The double standard is obvious. Nick was forced to leave our forum, which cost us vital insider info, then shortly after leaving here he left his role at Cordish. Probably because it became clear to Cordish that he was the exec who regularly leaked info to the public on here. That set our forum and city back years. We're lucky anyone discusses any private dealings on here after those kinds of doxxing events.

PS - I was also doxxed on here about ten years ago. The user who did so is still on here.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

mean wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:29 pm even so, the last "threat" you may recall was actually me looking for, and finding, a reason not to ban you. :P
The reason not to ban him is because he's our only lifeline to Cordish, and without him being on here we'd shave 2L covered glass windows on 3L right now. That would give Last Gentleman a brain aneurism.

So, in saving DCole, you saved Last Gentleman and many others a deadly trip to the hospital.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

UMKC Roo wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:54 am
mean wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:29 pm even so, the last "threat" you may recall was actually me looking for, and finding, a reason not to ban you. :P
The reason not to ban him is because he's our only lifeline to Cordish, and without him being on here we'd shave 2L covered glass windows on 3L right now. That would give Last Gentleman a brain aneurism.

So, in saving DCole, you saved Last Gentleman and many others a deadly trip to the hospital.
If KCRAG has had any influence on cordish, it’s been through the interactions with Strangerthings, who coincidentally did get doxxed and shut down his account. He was receptive to our ideas about varying the appearance of the Lights years before dcole joined
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:09 am
UMKC Roo wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:54 am

If KCRAG has had any influence on cordish, it’s been through the interactions with Strangerthings, who coincidentally did get doxxed and shut down his account. He was receptive to our ideas about varying the appearance of the Lights years before dcole joined
This is interesting. One day the behind the scenes documentary of the Rag will come out and reveal so many secrets!
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I remember that account, I don't remember them being doxxed. I do remember some people implying they might dox it with things kinda like "wouldn't it suck if your employer found out about X" or whatever, which is not the kind of discourse I would like to see, but it's also not, "fuck you, I'm gonna dox you" which is what happened recently.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

I read the last 10 pages of the this forum and caught up. Just my 2 cents, I think it would be best to just shut this thread down and end political discourse on KcRag. From what I read, literally none of the "debates" were even remotely productive and they all just led to doxxing. I'm pretty sure that Fountain guy like never even commented in the development forums and just spent all his time stirring shit up in the Politics forum. Like, the best case scenario from the politics forum is that a user *doesn't* get doxxed. We're all here for development, and now it's starting to seep into hurting the development threads as well if we're possibly losing great sources & members like Link2 or DCole over doxxing or bans. If people get so mad that they devolve into acting like 12 year olds and need to "dox" to make themselves feel better then I don't like what this forum breeds.

There's just literally no upside to doing a politics thread from everything I read. I'd get rid of it.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

UMKC Roo wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:12 pm I read the last 10 pages of the this forum and caught up. Just my 2 cents, I think it would be best to just shut this thread down and end political discourse on KcRag. From what I read, literally none of the "debates" were even remotely productive and they all just led to doxxing. I'm pretty sure that Fountain guy like never even commented in the development forums and just spent all his time stirring shit up in the Politics forum. Like, the best case scenario from the politics forum is that a user *doesn't* get doxxed. We're all here for development, and now it's starting to seep into hurting the development threads as well if we're possibly losing great sources & members like Link2 or DCole over doxxing or bans. If people get so mad that they devolve into acting like 12 year olds and need to "dox" to make themselves feel better then I don't like what this forum breeds.

There's just literally no upside to doing a politics thread from everything I read. I'd get rid of it.
+1
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

UMKC Roo wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:12 pm I read the last 10 pages of the this forum and caught up. Just my 2 cents, I think it would be best to just shut this thread down and end political discourse on KcRag. From what I read, literally none of the "debates" were even remotely productive and they all just led to doxxing. I'm pretty sure that Fountain guy like never even commented in the development forums and just spent all his time stirring shit up in the Politics forum. Like, the best case scenario from the politics forum is that a user *doesn't* get doxxed. We're all here for development, and now it's starting to seep into hurting the development threads as well if we're possibly losing great sources & members like Link2 or DCole over doxxing or bans. If people get so mad that they devolve into acting like 12 year olds and need to "dox" to make themselves feel better then I don't like what this forum breeds.

Honestly not entirely opposed to this. Reddit exists if people really want to have spirited debates about politics in general, and politics as it relates to development is already do discussed in the individual threads on here, albeit with significantly less hostility and targeting.