GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by shinatoo »

GRID wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:37 pm
shinatoo wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:09 pm
mean wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:49 am Just change the name to the Kansas City Kings. Then the kingdom thing makes sense, and the wealthy team owners sucking up all the resources from the surrounding peasants to fund their extravagant coliseum is historically accurate.
+1

If you think the "Chiefs" issue is going to go away you haven't been paying attention. If the DC Commanders and Cleveland Guardians do well in ticket and merch sales it will probably happen sooner than later.

Kings is a better name than both of those, BTW.
Agreed, but I doubt the NBA lets the NFL use the Kings name.
Not a lawyer, but I don't see how that would stop them as you can't copyright a name. You can only trademark a logo or other intellectual property.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

shinatoo wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:44 pm
GRID wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:37 pm
shinatoo wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:09 pm

+1

If you think the "Chiefs" issue is going to go away you haven't been paying attention. If the DC Commanders and Cleveland Guardians do well in ticket and merch sales it will probably happen sooner than later.

Kings is a better name than both of those, BTW.
Agreed, but I doubt the NBA lets the NFL use the Kings name.
Not a lawyer, but I don't see how that would stop them as you can't copyright a name. You can only trademark a logo or other intellectual property.
I just assumed he was being sarcastic about the Kings name. That will literally never happen.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I was only being sarcastic in the sense that I agree it is vanishingly unlikely. I legitimately think it would be an improvement for the Kingdom reason. The bit about peasants being screwed by the royals (pun intended) was only a joke in that if you don't think that's how the world actually works, you're kind of in denial and need to grow up.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

By Speedway or Olathe if move.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

mgsports wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:23 pm By Speedway or Olathe if move.
Speedway would be better as it would be within the city limits of a city called Kansas City.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Chiefs are in the top 20 for NFL team valuations. I would expect this to keep rising and rising steadily over the next 10+ years as long as Mahomes continues to play for KC.

Ranked #20- $3.54 billion

Next team in front of Chiefs is the LA Chargers valued at $3.62 billion

https://www.sportico.com/feature/nfl-te ... 234684165/
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Legendary Chiefs quarterback and Kansas City broadcaster Len Dawson has died
Legendary Kansas City Chiefs quarterback and Kansas City broadcaster Len Dawson has died. He was 87 years old.
https://www.kmbc.com/article/len-dawson ... 7/40943140
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

FangKC wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:05 am Legendary Chiefs quarterback and Kansas City broadcaster Len Dawson has died
Legendary Kansas City Chiefs quarterback and Kansas City broadcaster Len Dawson has died. He was 87 years old.
https://www.kmbc.com/article/len-dawson ... 7/40943140
RIP. An absolute legend

moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Can't wait to see DT on red friday night. With the skyline and Union Station illuminated in red will be cool with the Maya exhibit there. Mayan pyramids were painted in red.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

Will be over in November and going to the Jacksonville game. My girlfriend is a Browns fan from Ohio and we don't really know people who go regularly so can't do the proper tailgating plus don't have all the nooks and crannies grill, gazebo etc. Anyone able to share what the "ford tailgate district" is like? Between Arrowhead and Kauffman. Also seen a thing called tickets for less with all inclusive food and drink, anyone been? 95 bucks per person I can see, seems a bit excessive, but I just don't wanna be standing around again. Its all a bit tame for me if I really had my way, but the last time I was there I just necked cans in the parking lot from a box of bud lights I bought at walmart the night before lol.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Rusty Irish wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:57 pm Will be over in November and going to the Jacksonville game. My girlfriend is a Browns fan from Ohio and we don't really know people who go regularly so can't do the proper tailgating plus don't have all the nooks and crannies grill, gazebo etc. Anyone able to share what the "ford tailgate district" is like? Between Arrowhead and Kauffman. Also seen a thing called tickets for less with all inclusive food and drink, anyone been? 95 bucks per person I can see, seems a bit excessive, but I just don't wanna be standing around again. Its all a bit tame for me if I really had my way, but the last time I was there I just necked cans in the parking lot from a box of bud lights I bought at walmart the night before lol.
I went to it for the AFC Championship last year. I wouldn’t say it’s worth $95 unless you’re really heavily into drinking. Food wasn’t worth it.

It’s maybe more worth it in the winter time when it’s cold and you can go inside the hut thing.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:35 pm
Rusty Irish wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:57 pm Will be over in November and going to the Jacksonville game. My girlfriend is a Browns fan from Ohio and we don't really know people who go regularly so can't do the proper tailgating plus don't have all the nooks and crannies grill, gazebo etc. Anyone able to share what the "ford tailgate district" is like? Between Arrowhead and Kauffman. Also seen a thing called tickets for less with all inclusive food and drink, anyone been? 95 bucks per person I can see, seems a bit excessive, but I just don't wanna be standing around again. Its all a bit tame for me if I really had my way, but the last time I was there I just necked cans in the parking lot from a box of bud lights I bought at walmart the night before lol.
I went to it for the AFC Championship last year. I wouldn’t say it’s worth $95 unless you’re really heavily into drinking. Food wasn’t worth it.

It’s maybe more worth it in the winter time when it’s cold and you can go inside the hut thing.
Thanks, will probably hang off until the week of the game once I have an idea what the weather is like.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Somebody invite this guy to a proper tailgate!
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

What's distracting the Chiefs? They're so much better then they are playing.
Finding it hard to watch lately. Is Mahomes making to many subway and insurance commercials? Guess you can include head coach also. Play calling and players discipline is off.
New stadium talk got them worried? Never seen anything like this.
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

The Bills are good at football. Chiefs will be fine. The same thing happened last year in week five.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

I feel a lot better about the Chiefs after this game as opposed to either game last year when our defense was just completely shredded.

Yesterday could have gone either way all day long.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

It was a good game and Chiefs played well. Just some mistakes to fix, O-line needs to step up and need better production from Juju and MVS. Really could have used Tyreek out there. I also saw that hotel rooms across KC were booked by Bills Mafia last weekend. If Buffalo can sell out the area, we are going to need more capacity for World Cup.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

alejandro46 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:12 am It was a good game and Chiefs played well. Just some mistakes to fix, O-line needs to step up and need better production from Juju and MVS. Really could have used Tyreek out there. I also saw that hotel rooms across KC were booked by Bills Mafia last weekend. If Buffalo can sell out the area, we are going to need more capacity for World Cup.
And the concert downtown, Lizzo I believe, pretty big regional draw across 4 days, but yes, we 100% need more rooms, and fast
Link2
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Link2 »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:41 pm
alejandro46 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:12 am It was a good game and Chiefs played well. Just some mistakes to fix, O-line needs to step up and need better production from Juju and MVS. Really could have used Tyreek out there. I also saw that hotel rooms across KC were booked by Bills Mafia last weekend. If Buffalo can sell out the area, we are going to need more capacity for World Cup.
And the concert downtown, Lizzo I believe, pretty big regional draw across 4 days, but yes, we 100% need more rooms, and fast
KC was awarded the bid based on the current number of hotel rooms with future development factored in. KC already has enough guest rooms in the metro + surrounding areas to host the event.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Link2 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:52 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:41 pm
KC was awarded the bid based on the current number of hotel rooms with future development factored in. Once again, KC has enough rooms here (36,000+) and regionwide (19,000+ more) to accommodate the event.
I’m aware that we have enough rooms per the required standard from FIFA, but that doesn’t mean building more would hurt either.