GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Re: GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Chris Stritzel »

FangKC wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:50 pm There were hundreds of "good guys with guns" at the event: police officers.
Yes. And none of them had a clear shot in the chaos. It's the risk of shooting beyond your intended target, and possibly killing an innocent person, that makes the ability to act swiftly nearly impossible.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

That's why I've always been skeptical of the "good guys with guns" theory--advanced by some--that the general public should be armed. The exchange of fire could potentially injure even more people. Imagine if after the initial spray of bullets had ended armed amateurs ran after the shooters firing their weapons in a crowded environment. In a prolonged exchange of gunfire, even more people might have been shot or killed. Police officers would also have been in a quandary in their pursuit of who the original shooters were, and might have shot the wrong people.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

The more guns you add to a situation, then the more guns are in the situation. Wild west logic
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Let’s get back to discussing the Chiefs. Take the Firearm discussion to the Politics thread.
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:20 pm The more guns you add to a situation, then the more guns are in the situation. Wild west logic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m92RHAL ... =WVMontani

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSD3brp ... ovic-Topic
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Those weren't semis lol those kids wer firing fully auto assault rifles. It's a terrible tragedy on a day of celebration but a tragedy we all have experienced growing up in the city. Smh that we had this happen under the national spotlight but ig that means it has become to blatant to ignore.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Apparently Taylor Swift will be a part time Kansas City resident. Could be an interesting season.

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce reportedly take big step forward in their relationship
https://www.indy100.com/celebrities/tay ... lationship

According to the publication, during Kelce's football season they would live at his house in Kansas City, Missouri.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:03 pm Apparently Taylor Swift will be a part time Kansas City resident. Could be an interesting season.

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce reportedly take big step forward in their relationship
https://www.indy100.com/celebrities/tay ... lationship

According to the publication, during Kelce's football season they would live at his house in Kansas City, Missouri.
Was wondering when this news would get out. It's been an open secret among folks in my inner circle since early February.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:11 pm Was wondering when this news would get out. It's been an open secret among folks in my inner circle since early February.
She should be good for AT LEAST one new luxury condo tower (our first) in this city. Give her the top two floor penthouse and sell everything else for $Ms. Probably would be more benefit than a stadium deal, seriously.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:08 pm
Chris Stritzel wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:11 pm Was wondering when this news would get out. It's been an open secret among folks in my inner circle since early February.
She should be good for AT LEAST one new luxury condo tower (our first) in this city. Give her the top two floor penthouse and sell everything else for $Ms. Probably would be more benefit than a stadium deal, seriously.
Kansas City’s version of Museum Tower in Dallas?
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Cratedigger wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:16 pm Kansas City’s version of Museum Tower in Dallas?
Sure! And there is precedence with branded highrises and Taylors might be as high as anyones right now. She gets a luxury apartment for her and Travis for nothing and likely even gets some of the profit if she donates design touches that represent her brand. I'm not exaggerating that she could change this town all by herself. Visit Travis' steakhouse on a regular basis and it's the new place to be (especially at prom season). Live in a certain area and the who neighborhood gets built up.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Why would Taylor want to live in a penthouse apartment in KCMO when Travis owns a big mansion in Leawood?

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity- ... d-mansion/
Last edited by FangKC on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

FangKC wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:34 pm Why would Taylor want to live in a penthouse apartment when Travis owns a big mansion in Leawood?

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity- ... d-mansion/
Country manor/ City party penthouse. Don't you have both?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I doubt either of them wants to take on additional properties at this point. I think Taylor already owns five properties. Travis owns two houses in the KC metro and co-owns a house in Florida. He also rents a large apartment in One Light.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

FangKC wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:55 pm I doubt either of them wants to take on additional properties at this point. I think Taylor already owns five properties. Travis owns two houses in the KC metro and co-owns a house in Florida. He also rents a large apartment in One Light.
Yeah, One Light is so far beneath them at this point though. It's like a college dorm compared to where they are. She's a 30-something billionaire. I mean, after the game, they go to 1587 Prime to celebrate you think they're going to go to One Light or drive all the way back to Leawood? They want a high end place with a view and party atmosphere with a doorman and security, private entrance.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Kelce owns 10 luxury vehicles. I doubt he minds driving them to Leawood from anywhere in the metro. His Briarcliff house is 10 minutes from the Loew's hotel.