Fancy Car Rentals

Transportation topics in KC
jimb
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Fancy Car Rentals

Post by jimb »

Hi everyone. I've been away for a bit, so I am hoping this is the right forum to ask this question.

My son is coming home on leave in March after coming off an 8 month Navy deployment. While home, he wants to rent a car, and really isn't interested in driving a Kia Rio for the week :D

Does anyone know any place in KC where you can rent a more interesting car like a Camaro, Challenger or something else more fitting a young man who just spent most of the last year in a metal box with 5500 of his closest friends? My Google searches have been less than helpful, so I am crowd-sourcing my search here.

Thanks in advance!
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Fancy Car Rentals

Post by PumpkinStalker »

I'd go straight to the dealerships. Many times they rent cars these days and you can probably get a fancier car than at Hertz.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

i once rented a MB C300 from the enterprise in shawnee. no joke.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I rented a C6 Corvette from Hertz, but that was in Tampa. I just looked and they don't seem to have any in KC, although it says they do have Mustangs. Doesn't say whether they're GTs or not, though.
pstokely
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by pstokely »

Most agencies won't rent luxury cars to anyone under 25.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

pstokely wrote:Most agencies won't rent luxury cars to anyone under 25.
I was going to sign up as a driver on a family vacation at 24, and because I wasn't 25 Enterprise tried to charge me an extra $50 a day, which on a 7 day vacation was quite ridiculous. That was for a Camry.
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by heatherkay »

Many of the car rental places will get you special cars if they have them in their network and you give them a heads up. I saw a Fiat 500 at the Avis on Metcalf. We rent a lot of cars for work from Enterprise. In order to reward me, they once surprised me with a Mercedes. I had to disappoint the guy and tell him that there was NO WAY I, as a government contractor, could drive up to a facility in a brand new Mercedes. Disappointed me, too.