Brookside

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Brookside

Post by chingon »

Liz Cook is a fucking narc.
Developersanonymous
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Developersanonymous »

what?
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

She's a narc for having the temerity to review it in The Pitch.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

It sounds like they couldn't get much busier anyway, good for them. Sounds like a gem of a place.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

new restaurant going into the Crestwood shops - Bacaro Primo - paper on the windows says coming Spring 2023. Assuming italian based on the name and the Peroni beer logos in the window.

Notably, I am told Bacaro Primo is from the same ownership as Earl's Premier, so this bodes well. I think the success of Earl's definitely shows an unmet need in BKS for quality restaurant and bar options, and it seems like the Earl's ownership recognizes this as well...
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

chrizow wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:48 am new restaurant going into the Crestwood shops - Bacaro Primo - paper on the windows says coming Spring 2023. Assuming italian based on the name and the Peroni beer logos in the window.

Notably, I am told Bacaro Primo is from the same ownership as Earl's Premier, so this bodes well. I think the success of Earl's definitely shows an unmet need in BKS for quality restaurant and bar options, and it seems like the Earl's ownership recognizes this as well...
I only eat at Carmen's
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

smh wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:43 pm
chrizow wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:48 am new restaurant going into the Crestwood shops - Bacaro Primo - paper on the windows says coming Spring 2023. Assuming italian based on the name and the Peroni beer logos in the window.

I only eat at Carmen's
That place is dirty.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

shinatoo wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:32 pm
smh wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:43 pm

I only eat at Carmen's
That place is dirty.
Definitely.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Salami bar is what I'm hearing.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

chaglang wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:00 pm

What does that mean
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

smh wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:27 pm

What does that mean
SALAMI BAR
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

smh wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:27 pm

What does that mean
Hopefully it's like a charcuterie buffet or something
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

We need more ethnic restaurants of all kinds.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

https://kansascitymag.com/food/food-new ... is-spring/

some more details about the new SALAMI BAR coming to the Crestwood shops from the Earl's Premier / Happy Gillis folks.
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

Not sure where to out this but technically it's in Brookside- Very cool!

https://cityscenekc.com/umkc-may-build- ... velopment/
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Metro wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:39 pm Not sure where to out this but technically it's in Brookside- Very cool!

https://cityscenekc.com/umkc-may-build- ... velopment/
Not in Brookside. It's right next to the streetcar terminus on Brookside BLVD (Right where Main becomes Brookside BLVD after crossing MLK).

Don't know how they are going to get a regulation cricket pitch in there. One of those lots is 300' x 300' and the other is 300' x by 350'. But the arena is an interesting idea.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

UMKC is getting a little locked in with nowhere to go. If they want an arena, they should find a way to finally buy the kinda Hall library. Best bet for the future is buying the Rockhurst U oversight campus and merging the two. Of course, moving the Rep to Kauffman PAC would have been the best thing. Hate that that failed.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Just for reference, the 10,000-seat Cable Dahlmer Arena in Independence is 250x370. Municipal is 290x300. So they could easily do an 8000 seat.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Not sure if it's been reported on here, but Meddy's is taking over the Panera location in Brookside.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

kcjak wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:56 am Not sure if it's been reported on here, but Meddy's is taking over the Panera location in Brookside.
Thats exciting, should do well. Never eaten there but I love Mediterranean food. Does anyone have experience with Meddy's?