BBQ WARS!

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: BBQ WARS!

Post by Cratedigger »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:43 pm No offense to Arthur Bryants, but I went one day at lunch and ordered ribs -they were extra dry and hard. Was disappointed. I plan on going back to try a Brisket Sandwich since everyone there seemed to be ordering it.

I do like one little BBQ place in town - Chef J in the West Bottoms. It's always good whenever I go. Very limited hours though and they can see out fast.
Burnt Ends + fries are the order at AB’s

Haven’t tried Chef J - will check out. Thanks for the rec!
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

AB has the best sausage, they slice it different so it looks more like gyro meat rather then rings of sausage
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

So no one went at American Royal? Did all the local joints have any set up there. You'd think they would have an advantage in the competition. AB hooked me on white bread with their great sandwiches. Tried Gates and others but nothing was as smoky as AB.
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCKev wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:41 pm So no one went at American Royal? Did all the local joints have any set up there. You'd think they would have an advantage in the competition. AB hooked me on white bread with their great sandwiches. Tried Gates and others but nothing was as smoky as AB.
2019 was my last year attending. Lots of corporate events. Meh but expensive offerings if you weren't invited to a private event. Probably won't go back unless it moves back downtown.
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

Wolfepack BBQ is moving from NKC to the former North End location in Columbus Park.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Great location there, I wonder if there can be some coordination with Cafe caphe to convert the parking between to a shared patio space
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:59 pm Great location there, I wonder if there can be some coordination with Cafe caphe to convert the parking between to a shared patio space
Great idea, but doubtful.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

‘Worldwide leader’ ESPN recognizes Kansas City as ‘global capital of BBQ’

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/kc ... tal-of-bbq
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

We need an “ESPN BBQ Award”, in the same capacity as a Guinness World Record or a Michelin Star rating. An award bestowed by a company for a basically unrelated achievement