KU

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: KU

Post by grovester »

I read that it may mean some games at SKC stadium during construction.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

grovester wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:48 pm I read that it may mean some games at SKC stadium during construction.
That would be awesome to get the games even closer for a little while.

I know this won't happen, but I just wanna see the Chiefs have to play one game at KU while new Chiefs stadium is being built.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

UMKC Roo wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:14 pm
grovester wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:48 pm I read that it may mean some games at SKC stadium during construction.
That would be awesome to get the games even closer for a little while.

I know this won't happen, but I just wanna see the Chiefs have to play one game at KU while new Chiefs stadium is being built.
This is going to wreck SKC's pitch that has finally settled in after years of having to be replaced constantly. But Illig seems to want this so big time meh.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

Yeah, please no KU football at CMP! Not good for the pitch, plus having the visible lines for football during a soccer match is annoying as hell.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Here are some possible renderings. It will be awesome to have two full sized stadiums in the KC metro.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

What exactly are the changes being made to the KU Memorial Stadium?

Is Arrowhead out because of the state line?
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

normalthings wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:34 pm What exactly are the changes being made to the KU Memorial Stadium?

Is Arrowhead out because of the state line?
Arrowhead is the obvious spot to play at...but yeah I'm guessing it's the state line BS that is holding up from them playing there.

KU Stadium right now is *awful*. Opened in 1921 and it has barely changed since. It has no upper deck, and no seats behind one of the endzones. The bathrooms & facilities look like they're from the 1950's.

It honestly feels like just a large high school stadium.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

UMKC Roo wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:15 pm Image

Here are some possible renderings. It will be awesome to have two full sized stadiums in the KC metro.
Not a Kansas fan but I hope that's not the real plan. That's really unappealing. Looks cheap, like a high school stadium.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

KU getting some positive attention hosting ESPN Game Day today. So is KC BBQ to some extent.