KU

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

KU

Post by GRID »

Look pretty good, obviosly I am an MU fan, but it looks like this could be a good year for guys across state line.
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

KU

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

That's what I'm talking about....R - E - S - P - E - C - T!!!!!
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: KU

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Just wanted to give a shoutout to all the local ties for the NCAA title game tonight. Good luck to KU in the national championship tonight vs. North Carolina

This team is more exciting for KC than usual, because 3/5 of the starters are tied to KC, including a few bench players as well. This roster was built very locally.

In fact, the two best KU players are KC natives (Braun & Agbaj) and are both probably going to be 1st round draft picks. When's the last time KC has two 1st round picks in the same draft? Very cool for KC that these guys are local & leading a KC area school to the national championship.

Winning this title would be awesome for KC, given the more than usual local ties on this one.
Major KC Fan
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Major KC Fan »

ROCK CHALK!
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Congrats to KU!
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Unbelievable comeback & game. Wonder where that championship ranks all time.
daGOAT
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by daGOAT »

Rock Chalk baby!
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

GRID wrote: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:23 am Look pretty good, obviosly I am an MU fan, but it looks like this could be a good year for guys across state line.
You were right GRID, it was indeed a great year for KU :P
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Congrats to The Kansas City Jayhawks!
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

The KC metro area has really come up sports-wise since the Royals got to that first World Series back in 2014. Every area team has gotten a ring in less than a decade now...and multiple title appearances by all.
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:30 pm The KC metro area has really come up sports-wise since the Royals got to that first World Series back in 2014. Every area team has gotten a ring in less than a decade now...and multiple title appearances by all.
What? Guess you weren't around in 1985. I was in the parking lot drinking beer about to concede the championship when The Cardinals had the greatest melt down of all time.
Total blowout in game 7

Google I70 world series!
Last edited by KCKev on Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

KCKev wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:42 pm
AlkaliAxel wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:30 pm The KC metro area has really come up sports-wise since the Royals got to that first World Series back in 2014. Every area team has gotten a ring in less than a decade now...and multiple title appearances by all.
What? Guess you weren't around in 1985. I was in the parking lot drinking beer about to concede the championship when The Cardinals had the greatest melt down of all time.
Total blowout in game 7!
Google I70 world series!
We're talking about the "come up" to being one the premiere sports towns in country.

What KC has done the past 8 years with the Royals, Chiefs, SKC & KU has far surpassed any sports period in KC's history, easily.

Very very few cities in the country have matched what KC sports has accomplished in the past decade. What a come up it's been.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:25 pm
KCKev wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:42 pm
Total blowout in game 7!
Google I70 world series!
We're talking about the "come up" to being one the premiere sports towns in country.

What KC has done the past 8 years with the Royals, Chiefs, SKC & KU has far surpassed any sports period in KC's history, easily.

Very very few cities in the country have matched what KC sports has accomplished in the past decade. What a come up it's been.
Now lets bring a World Cup match to KC!
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Is KU ever going to get suspended for the infractions they caused? I think the Adidas reps are still sitting in jail
Major KC Fan
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Major KC Fan »

I agree that the NCAA is taking way too long to end the investigation. Seems like they should have reached a decision if the alleged violations are so obvious, yet sour grapes comments on a fantastic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP is really petty. Those kids played their asses off to come back & it should be applauded.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:12 pm Is KU ever going to get suspended for the infractions they caused? I think the Adidas reps are still sitting in jail
They said recently they'll make a decision before next season starts

I heard through the grapevine it could end up in one of these two options:
1.) KU takes a 1-year postseason ban
OR
2.) Bill Self & Curtis Townsend each take a 2-year suspension

I was told by the same source that Self & Townsend will absolutely take option 2 if they have to
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

Goonies wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:39 pm
AlkaliAxel wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:31 pm
brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:12 pm Is KU ever going to get suspended for the infractions they caused? I think the Adidas reps are still sitting in jail
They said recently they'll make a decision before next season starts

I heard through the grapevine it could end up in one of these two options:
1.) KU takes a 1-year postseason ban
OR
2.) Bill Self & Curtis Townsend each take a 2-year suspension

I was told by the same source that Self & Townsend will absolutely take option 2 if they have to
Source?
Heard it back in April from someone plugged in for KU sports. Hope nothing happens though.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Why should they be punished for cheating?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Maybe they're holding and continuing these issues for a reason. With the landscape of college athletes getting paid completely changing, hard to punish people for doing things that you know basically say is ok to do. Granted rules at the time were broke.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

KU is announcing a massive renovation of its stadium that will include $100 mil+ of spending

Construction begins early 2023

Details: https://kuathletics.com/11thandmississippi/