Chase Daniel, The Starting QB of The Kansas City Chiefs?????

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Chase Daniel, The Starting QB of The Kansas City Chiefs?????

Post by kcdcchef »

is it possible next season?

the chiefs will draft high, this kid will compete for the heisman, and if the tigers can stay top 5 til seasons end, he could even win it. so, if he wins the heisman, the tigers stay in the hunt for the title, win the big XII, this guy goes 1st round. and a lot of losing teams are not hunting for a qb right now.

so, i understand a lot would have to happen between now and april, but am i the only one seeing it possible?? remember, the chiefs will probably not draft number one, i see the chiefs accidentally winning 5-6 games, slotting them behind the annual contenders, detroit, miami, etc. i see the chiefs somewhere between 4-7. and a qb is probably their top need.

so, whatdya think?
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: Chase Daniel, The Starting QB of The Kansas City Chiefs?????

Post by Boognish »

He'll probably be a mid 2nd to early 3rd round pick, because he doesn't have the physical tools NFL teams are looking for. Namely, he's short and his arm isn't really a cannon. I think he'll be an awesome college player, and that will be the end of it.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Boognish wrote: He'll probably be a mid 2nd to early 3rd round pick, because he doesn't have the physical tools NFL teams are looking for. Namely, he's short and his arm isn't really a cannon. I think he'll be an awesome college player, and that will be the end of it.
i had a hunch a lot of people would say no based on his height, but i thought his arm strength was pretty decent.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

He's probably a mid-4th rounder at this point based on his arm strength, his height, speed, and the fact he hasn't played in a pro style offense.  He has a ton of offensive tools that inflate his numbers as well.   Excellent college player no doubt.

They've got 1 surefire 1st rounder, and that's their FS.   Maclin & Coffman could be, but they've got to show NFL scouts they can stay healthy.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Boognish »

Yeah, remember, Colt Brennan put up just stupid numbers and I think was a 5th rounder.

I'm imagining that Coffman might have the same problem that Martin Rucker did, because I have no clue if he can block well enough to play at the next level. Maclin with health, it's hard to say. Could be a Devin Hester type, which makes him a 2nd rounder coming out.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

chase won't be a first round pick.  it would take another incredible season for him to break into the first day, imo.  the height is just too much of a factor.

but anybody who watched today saw him throw some pretty good deep balls.  i think if he ever gets the shot he's got the skills to get it done.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Yea, probably a 3-5th rounder. I remember people were talking about Kentucky's Andre Woodson being a Heisman candidate a year ago. He is now in the unemployment line. College success does not mean high draft status in the NFL.

I think Maclin will be a great return man in the NFL, and I think Coffman could be a decent later round steal.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Todd Reesing will face the same fate. Great college QB...not fit for the pros.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Those D-lines do tend to get a bit more consistently taller in the NFL. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

NDTeve wrote: Todd Reesing will face the same fate. Great college QB...not fit for the pros.
Agreed. Reesing would be lucky to play Arena League football.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCMax wrote: Agreed. Reesing would be lucky to play Arena League football.
Good thing he doesn't want to play after college. 
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

kcmetro wrote: Good thing he doesn't want to play after college. 

That's like me saying I don't want to play after college. If the NFL called, he would listen. They ain't calling.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

WSPanic wrote: That's like me saying I don't want to play after college. If the NFL called, he would listen. They ain't calling.
They wouldn't call anyone who is as short as he is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/12/sport ... ansas.html

Reesing Leads Kansas, With the Economist in Tow.

“I have aspirations beyond football,” he said. “I want to travel internationally and get my master’s in business. I’m enjoying being a college quarterback, but I’m pretty sure professional football is not really in the future.”

He is eyeing an international business program in Copenhagen, and continues to take seriously his classes in economic growth and statistics. He also wears out the pages of The Economist.

“I read it between classes, between meetings,” he said. “I like to know what is going on in the rest of the world, and how the rest of the world thinks about us. I guess I don’t want to be an ignorant American college student.”
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

kcmetro wrote: They wouldn't call anyone who is as short as he is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/12/sport ... ansas.html

Reesing Leads Kansas, With the Economist in Tow.

“I have aspirations beyond football,” he said. “I want to travel internationally and get my master’s in business. I’m enjoying being a college quarterback, but I’m pretty sure professional football is not really in the future.”

He is eyeing an international business program in Copenhagen, and continues to take seriously his classes in economic growth and statistics. He also wears out the pages of The Economist.

“I read it between classes, between meetings,” he said. “I like to know what is going on in the rest of the world, and how the rest of the world thinks about us. I guess I don’t want to be an ignorant American college student.”
I guess I missed the part where he said he doesn't want to play after college. I see where it says he realizes he won't - but that's different than not wanting to.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

WSPanic wrote: I guess I missed the part where he said he doesn't want to play after college. I see where it says he realizes he won't - but that's different than not wanting to.
I think he probably realized in high school that he wasn't going to go pro.  5'9" just doesn't cut it.
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

Chase Daniel is 5'10", runs a spread offense, plays in the Big12, and is slower than 90% of the D Ends in the NFL. I'm so glad ignorant MU fans don't draft for the Chiefs.

He's a great college QB, but there is absolutely no reason to draft him before the 4th round.
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

Some analysts are touting Josh Freeman as a Top 5, possible #1 pick.

This year's JaMarcus Russell.

I'll believe it when I see it, but there were some talking heads on ESPN the other day that confirmed the same thing.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Hell, if the Chiefs are willing to trot out wide receivers that couldn't play for the Rams at QB, is there really and limit on what they might try at the position?  Maybe we can try the peanut vender.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

MidtownCat wrote: Some analysts are touting Josh Freeman as a Top 5, possible #1 pick.

This year's JaMarcus Russell.

I'll believe it when I see it, but there were some talking heads on ESPN the other day that confirmed the same thing.

Between Nelson and Sproles, the Cats did have a good NFL showing yesterday - If only McIntosh would have held up his end of the bargain. 
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

I would be mildly surprised if Coffman isn't a late 1st rounder.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze