Dubai

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Dubai

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

bbqboy wrote: ? What was the answer? Rainmakers or puddle of mudd?  or....?
brewer and shipley.

:)
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Go figure.

The sad part is that ALL their debt totals just 80 Billion dollars.  All those buildings, all that construction, all that change...80 billion dollars. 

Imagine how many other things our government could have been done with the two $800 plus billion dollar TARP Bailouts that we passed.  Perhaps we could have directly helped people, rather than keep a few poor-choice companys from flopping on their backs.  Social Healthcare...we wouldn't even be having this conversation.  Job losses...I'm sure the government could create an astounding amount of jobs itself for 1.6 Trillion dollars.  Heck, we could have fed the WORLDS poor for a decade or longer!

If what we wanted to do was bailout companys, then why not give us all certificates for 30k to waste away on specific companys?  Besides, isn't the point of spending money to get something in return?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

beautyfromashes wrote: It's not sustainable.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: brewer and shipley.

:)
Tarkio
There is no fifth destination.
drumatix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by drumatix »

I'm here in Dubai & it's pretty interesting so far. It feels like an oven (100ish degrees) smells like salt water (a very good thing in my opinion) and sounds like construction from 7AM onward. There's a lot of news about how the construction boom has stopped here, but the area that I'm in (near the base of the big palm tree island) seems bustling with activity - save for one half-completed freeway that I can see from here. I noticed a few cranes operating last night at around 1AM, and the view from my hotel room features fully-completed buildings as well as two that are crawling with construction workers.
phamthebac

Post by phamthebac »

It's wonderful. I wish i would be here one day  :)

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

First Images of Killa Design's Museum of the Future in Dubai Unveiled Ahead of Opening
New images of Dubai's Museum of the Future by Killa Design and Buro Happold have been unveiled ahead of its official opening on February 22nd, 2022. The museum promises a one-of-a-kind experience that merges science, technology, and the environment through distinct themes and immersive environments that tap into all five senses. The project aims to "transform the very perception of the future as we know it", showcasing a world that is imaginable 50 years from now.
https://www.archdaily.com/976892/first- ... of-opening

https://www.burohappold.com/projects/mu ... he-future/
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Sounds like Epcot