Naughtieness in the dirrrrrty burbs!

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Naughtieness in the dirrrrrty burbs!

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Apparently the feds raided no fewer than 16 alleged whorehouses throughout JoCo this morning.  Whodathunkit?  Does no one go to the Avenue anymore?  See Grid - JoCo does contribute some of the metro's entertainment ammenities.   :D

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/101464.html

If all of these joints get shut down, how will the Pitch meet their advertising qoutas?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Naughtieness in the dirrrrrty burbs!

Post by KCMax »

If crime is coming to Johnson County, perhaps we all need to move even further away from the urban core!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

Didn't one in Mission get raided about a year ago? Guess its patrons will have to look elsewhere for those lunch hour handjobs and and after-work hummers.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

However, the searches involved about 175 agents, police officers and support staff

Seriously, is this really necessary?  175 people needed for this non-story?
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Maitre D wrote: However, the searches involved about 175 agents, police officers and support staff

I think it's terrible that the neighborhood is going down the tubes.  I really expected better.  &
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Maitre D wrote: Seriously, is this really necessary?  175 people needed for this non-story?
"officer Smith - would you rather go traffic patrol on 435 again this morning or would you like to tag along on the whorehouse panty raid?"

We have two of these joints in the vicinity of our office and apparently the parking lots have been filled with squad cars and camera crews all morning.  
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Well it certainly makes sense for whorehouses to locate to the burbs. Go where the money is. Plus, nobody expects it to happen there, so you might be able to operate under the radar longer, if you're careful.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: "officer Smith - would you rather go traffic patrol on 435 again this morning or would you like to tag along on the whorehouse panty raid?"

We have two of these joints in the vicinity of our office and apparently the parking lots have been filled with squad cars and camera crews all morning. 
Ha. I was just talking to a buddy of mine at softball last night who's a KCMO cop. He said he loves vice day. Nothing better than loading up strippers into the paddy wagon.

Gladstoner
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Gladstoner »

"So you better go back to your bars... your temples..... your massage
parlors...."
A fool and your money are soon united.
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCTigerFan »

Damn, KCMO is now losing massage parlors to JoCo!  When will the corporate flight end.  Rumor has it that they were all lured to JoCo because of the ease of parking and STAR bonds.  The good news is Village West is considering a proposal for a 150,000 sq/ft super massage parlor with an Oz theme.  The working name is "Happy Ending of the Yellow Brick Road."    &&&   
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Gladstoner wrote: "So you better go back to your bars... your temples..... your massage
parlors...."

How many peopel immediately knew the 1980s song this was from?
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCTigerFan wrote: Damn, KCMO is now losing massage parlors to JoCo!  When will the corporate flight end.  Rumor has it that they were all lured to JoCo because of the ease of parking and STAR bonds.  The good news is Village West is considering a proposal for a 150,000 sq/ft super massage parlor with an Oz theme.  The working name is "Happy Ending of the Yellow Brick Road."    &&&   
Whores apparently don't want to give up 1% of their income to ETax any more than the rest of us.  :lol:
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Its big in Bangkok.

Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

KCTigerFan wrote: Damn, KCMO is now losing massage parlors to JoCo!  When will the corporate flight end.  Rumor has it that they were all lured to JoCo because of the ease of parking and STAR bonds.  The good news is Village West is considering a proposal for a 150,000 sq/ft super massage parlor with an Oz theme.  The working name is "Happy Ending of the Yellow Brick Road."    &&&   

In no time, plans will be drawn up whereby Taxson County will tax themselves into an oblivion, to build really really nice massage parlors for the whores.

"Even tho other cities don't pay that, we're still getting a good deal" will be the chorus.

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I like the part of the article where they said that they brought social workers along to talk to the John's.  I am sure that is exactly what those fellas wanted . . . "hey yeah lets sit around and visit about my addiction to southeast asian hookers while the TV crew sits outside filming". 
kc-vino
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by kc-vino »

Does anybody have the details of where these parlors were in Johnson County.  With all the strip malls of old deteriorating I'm sure you could run a decent operation out there.  I guess they had it coming for a while. 
Put your money where your mouth is...live downtown.  Get out of the car and walk, shop, and play in the city.  Don't bring a suburban attitude/lifestyle to the city, rather be apart of changing the urban fabric for the better.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

Maitre D wrote: However, the searches involved about 175 agents, police officers and support staff

175 agents, 16 establishments...

...four arrests.

:lol:
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I would wager that the four arrests are probably for things like immigration violations as well, not actual prostitution.  I doubt they charged into any of these places and actualy caught someone in the act with money laying by the bedside or anything. 
KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCLover »

chrizow wrote: 175 agents, 16 establishments...

...four arrests.

:lol:
That's exactly what I was thinking. I read the 175 agents and thought damn, and read the 4 arrests and said that's it?

That's our tax dollars at work folks. It's like the blind leading the blind except were dealing with moron cops following around the FBI.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

This happened out here a few years ago- a huge bust all over the valley that netted at least one granny in Sun City!  (Anyone here that is familiar with Phoenix can understand the horror of the thought of prositutes in Sun City!)  Apparently some of the officers took their undercover duty a little bit too far.