Waldo home for sale

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
scooterj
Ambassador

Waldo home for sale

Post by scooterj »

One of my best friends had to move north of the river and officially put his house in Waldo on the market today.    If any of you are interested in buying a house in Waldo, here's the web site I made for him with all the details:

http://www.7205grand.com/
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Waldo home for sale

Post by kucer »

Nice job on the site, ScooterJ.  That baby should sell in heartbeat.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

yeah.  the exterior didn't grab me, but the interior looks great!  i like the screened porch as well. 

if this were 8 months from now, i'd consider it!
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I like the added touch of putting a crapper in the utility closet - very handy when your changing out those air filters.  :lol:  Seriously cute house, looks pretty move in ready. 
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I like the added touch of putting a crapper in the utility closet - very handy when your changing out those air filters.   :lol: 
That's actually come in handy MANY times when he's had the guys over for poker or drinking.  :) 
catfish1812
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by catfish1812 »

Are all those really small rooms included in the price?
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

catfish1812 wrote: Are all those really small rooms included in the price?
Heh.  Actually the price does seem high for the house and the location. I know guy that had a very similar house on the market for almost, at a lower price, and still never sold it.
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

why are you moving ?
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

dangerboy wrote: Heh.  Actually the price does seem high for the house and the location. I know guy that had a very similar house on the market for almost, at a lower price, and still never sold it.
Kinda what I was thinking.  Nice little house and the backyard looked bigger than average but I've never seen a two bedroom home that wasn't a condo sell for anywhere near 150,000 in the KC area.
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

Sold your house yet ?  Winter is a bad time to put up a house for sale. You probably knew that. Maybe you'll have better luck in the spring or summer.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills, it says quite clearly in the first post that it's not my house, I just set up a web site for it for a friend.

But yes, he sold it, and he got his asking price too.
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

oh, thats good.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

He made out like Charlie Sheen.
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Slappy the Wang »

Is there a link to the house?  I clicked on the link above and only got a children's play house for $150k.
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
Moniker
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Moniker »

Slappy the Wang wrote: Is there a link to the house?  I clicked on the link above and only got a children's play house for $150k.
Yeah, that's sort of what I saw. That is an awful lot of money for such a small house. But, I guess some people will dish out the dough to live in Waldo.
Thaine
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Thaine »

Moniker wrote: Yeah, that's sort of what I saw. That is an awful lot of money for such a small house. But, I guess some people will dish out the dough to live in Waldo.
I'm enjoying Waldo's rebirth.  The people who are moving into Waldo now seem the same demographic who moved into Brookside in the past decades, before Brookside got too expensive for many young people.  At 150K for how small that house looked though, maybe Waldo's gonna be out of control soon.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

who the hell buys a house for the asking price in this market?  sounds like your buddy lucked out and found naive buyers.  for the sake of the real estate industry, i hope the buyer didn't use an agent.

i think that's a cool house and i could see giving maybe $100-125K for it.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

It turns out what he actually got was $149K.   $1k off from his asking price.   Close enough.

Can one of the mods lock this thread?  Since this is someone's home now, no need to make the new owner uncomfortable if they ever stumble across this discussion.