810 Zone on the Plaza

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 810 Zone on the Plaza

Post by chrizow »

i wouldn't mind seeing an 810 Zone in the P+L District, but KC Hopps rejected that idea long ago, if memory serves.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I've never been to 810 Zone, or Fenton's before it, because I've never been to Town Center Plaza. I couldn't even tell you where it is. So I'd like to try this new place out. Being a KC Hopps venture, they should at least have good beer.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

There is a dumpster outside and obvous signs that the contractors are building it out in earnest. 
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

GRID wrote: If they wanted to attract a new and exciting market other than Johnson County, they should have went to the Downtown/Crossroads area to capture more of the urban core and the northland and other areas on the MO side.

The plaza area is in many cases is an extention of JoCo or even JoCo's "Downtown" at least market wise.  Seems like they are diluting their existing market base more than they will grow their market to other parts of the region with a plaza location.
I cannot disagree any more.  The Plaza is packed with MIssouri residents.  I'm there all the time and I rarely see the Kansas Plates people speak of.  Many of the young people who go out there were probably BORN in JoCo.  But they mostly live in Brookside or Westport or The Plaza now.  None of my friends out south go there much, but all mine in Brookside do frequently.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
eliphar17
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by eliphar17 »

Unless we all stand at the parking garage entrances and count the number of KS/MO/NE/whatever plates, we probably are not going to get an accurate picture of who goes to the Plaza. Individual people's anecdotal observations don't really mean much.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

eliphar17 wrote: Unless we all stand at the parking garage entrances and count the number of KS/MO/NE/whatever plates, we probably are not going to get an accurate picture of who goes to the Plaza. Individual people's anecdotal observations don't really mean much.
It doesn't matter where they're from.

Anyway, if you have a problem parking on the Plaza then you're probably not competent enough to find your way to and place an order in a restaurant in the first place.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

eliphar17 wrote: Unless we all stand at the parking garage entrances and count the number of KS/MO/NE/whatever plates, we probably are not going to get an accurate picture of who goes to the Plaza. Individual people's anecdotal observations don't really mean much.
i would bet my left nut that highwoods knows exactly where they're from.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Kietz dropped a few tid bits about the new location on the air last night.  Apparently it will feature a large game area and there will be a vip area that is modeled to look like a stadium luxury skybox up above the rest of the dining room, with your own private wait staff.  It will also apparently have another broadcast booth to do shows and interviews from. 
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Yawn!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

This is tentatively opening March 15.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

i'm pleased to report that the food at 810 on the plaza is really good. all five people in my party had something different (pizza, pasta, chicken fingers, sandwich) and they were all excellent. the LCD TVs at the tables are an annoying distraction (you can't turn them off!). service was also very good.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

DaveKCMO wrote: i'm pleased to report that the food at 810 on the plaza is really good. all five people in my party had something different (pizza, pasta, chicken fingers, sandwich) and they were all excellent. the LCD TVs at the tables are an annoying distraction (you can't turn them off!). service was also very good.
How dare you say something positive about 810 Zone!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I had lunch there a few weeks back. The wrap was pretty good, although our service kinda sucked. It was packed though. I think the LCD's are a good idea, they're not that big of a distraction I think. If there was a game I wanted to watch that wasn't on the big screens, it would come in handy. Also a good way to occupy the kids I suppose. My buddy and I had a rousing game of Connect Four.

When we were there we saw Eddie Kennison and Brian McRae, so I guess you have a good shot at seeing some minor celebrities.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

lock+load wrote: How dare you say something positive about 810 Zone!
i know, i know... but KC hopps deserves some props (ugh) for making normally mundane eateries (breweries, sports bars) bearable for foodies.