810 Zone on the Plaza

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: 810 Zone on the Plaza

Post by skim82 »

KC-wildcat wrote: I find it really odd that KU and MU fault KK for having a huge KSU bias.  I listen to KK and I hear a guy who tries so hard to be unbiased that he often ends up ragging on K-State when it isn't deserved. 

My bad, I meant UNBIASED... typo.
UMKCroo
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by UMKCroo »

I work at a restaurant on the plaza, and my GM confirmed that it is going in in the former canyon spot.  At least that is what was reported by highwoods at the last merchants meeting.  Farewell Geogre Bretts!
GO ROOs!!!!!
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

KCPowercat wrote: I guess I should like this, it is a local business...but I just cannot stand most of the 810 crew anymore.
I guess I'm not the only one then.  I used to think 810 was awesome but now I find some of them to be extremely annoying.  Kietzman, Harry, and Fescoe mostly.  Still like Clinkscale though.
Last edited by Thrillcekr on Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Confirmed.  Papers being signed this week (or, wrapped up at least).  Will be at Canyon Cafe.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: Confirmed.  Papers being signed this week (or, wrapped up at least).  Will be at Canyon Cafe.
lahhhhme.

Didn't the Plaza turn down stuff like Hard Rock back in the day and now they're caving for crumby Kstate sports bars? Highwoods, step your game up...
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

trailerkid wrote: lahhhhme.

Didn't the Plaza turn down stuff like Hard Rock back in the day and now they're caving for crumby Kstate sports bars? Highwoods, step your game up...
We hate chains. We hate locals.  Sounds like some are just too damn picky.  If you don't like it, don't go there.  There are plenty of other dining choices on the plaza.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

whatever TK, i know i'll see you in 810 pounding some Coors Light and high-fiving kevin kietzman while watching the 'Cats whoop some Big 12 azz.  :lol:
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

chrizow wrote: whatever TK, i know i'll see you in 810 pounding some Coors Light and high-fiving kevin kietzman while watching the 'Cats whoop some Big 12 azz.   :lol:
Losing to Baylor and KU in football ain't exactly "whoopin some Big 12 azz"

At any rate, now that it's at Canyon - what was the story about GBrett's being on life support?  I go there 1x/mo and there are people in there.  Never desolate.  Esp. happy hour.  What's the deal?
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: Losing to Baylor and KU in football ain't exactly "whoopin some Big 12 azz"
i was being ironic.  do you think i would say "whoopin some Big 12 azz" with a straight face?  :)
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

lock+load wrote: We hate chains. We hate locals.  Sounds like some are just too damn picky.  If you don't like it, don't go there.  There are plenty of other dining choices on the plaza.
Only in Kansas City is one considered picky by thumbing his/her nose at a fake chain Johnson County sports bar.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

It's anything but a K-State sports bar.

But I agree, the Plaza needs to be far more discriminating, as this is just another in a growing list of marginal tenants.  Keep it up, and we're heading for a shopping center more mediocre than Zona freakin' Rosa.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

trailerkid wrote: Only in Kansas City is one considered picky by thumbing his/her nose at a fake chain Johnson County sports bar.
Sounds like a perfect fit for the Plaza.

C'mon, this isn't the gritty Crossroads we're talking about.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

It's kind of surprising that they're setting up within such a proximity of O'Dowd's.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

bahua wrote: It's kind of surprising that they're setting up within such a proximity of O'Dowd's.
Why is that? Something to do with Grunny?

bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

KCMax wrote: Why is that? Something to do with Grunny?
I don't know what Grunny is, if if you mean, "say bahua, are you saying that it's strange that KCHopps is putting two establishments right next to each other?" then yes. Yes I am.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I didn't know KC Hopps owned both facilities.

Grunny means Tim Grunhard, who I thought was a part-owner of O'Dowds and a former employee of 810.

WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

My problems with 810 as a radio station won't stop me from checking this out. I think my problem with them can be said of sports radio everywhere - bunch of sports nerds trying to be the biggest/baddest douchebags on the block. I like Petro - the rest could all leave and I wouldn't care.

They're the flagship of the Royals, so hopefully there will be some good events revolving around that.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DiggityDawg »

bahua wrote: I don't know what Grunny is, if if you mean, "say bahua, are you saying that it's strange that KCHopps is putting two establishments right next to each other?" then yes. Yes I am.
I guess the deal is that they're 2 such different type places.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

mccormick & schmidt runs two locations on the plaza and does fine.  gap owns two stores right next door to each other as well. 
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

LatteLand too.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit