Bicycling the city whilst drunk...

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Bicycling the city whilst drunk...

Post by Tosspot »

After four 20oz beers on the Plaza, it was time to ride home. My bicycle was parked outside. There were several sidewalk trees that I nearly collided with. Swerve swerve. It will be at least two days before I try this again.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: Bicycling the city whilst drunk...

Post by KCLover »

haha... lightweight
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

Isn't riding a bicycle while drunk considered DUI? I have heard of someone being arrested for doing so.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

KCK wrote: Isn't riding a bicycle while drunk considered DUI? I have heard of someone being arrested for doing so.
Yup.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Slappy the Wang »

Be careful man.  All the stem cells in the world can't put humpty and his bike together again!
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

:oops: Well I guess I'll be more careful now. I didn't think riding a freaking bike while hammered would be considered Driving While Intoxicated. It certainly isn't like driving a motorized vehicle. Not to make excuses...

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Hmmm.... if you're disabled and have 4 20oz beers on the Plaza, I wonder if they can get you for DUI for riding your electric wheelchair home?
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

scooterj wrote: Hmmm.... if you're disabled and have 4 20oz beers on the Plaza, I wonder if they can get you for DUI for riding your electric wheelchair home?
More likely than on a bicycle - most states require a motorized vehicle for a DUI - the instance where bikers get nailed usually involve "drunk and disorderly" or "disturbing the peace" rather than DUI. 
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: More likely than on a bicycle - most states require a motorized vehicle for a DUI - the instance where bikers get nailed usually involve "drunk and disorderly" or "disturbing the peace" rather than DUI.
Not in Lenexa!  :?  I mean really, what else are you going to DO in Lenexa?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

i "made" a bike earlier this year, extended and "fix geared" a childs bicycle to better fit my 5'9" frame, and generally have a bizarre bike...it didnt last one drunken ride back from the x-roads to 41st...gears bent, welds broken...it is no wonder when a thief stole my neighbors bikes they chose to break a lock over taking this thing freely propped against a wall.  :lol: 

i have no point to this story.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

warwickland wrote: i "made" a bike earlier this year, extended and "fix geared" a childs bicycle to better fit my 5'9" frame, and generally have a bizarre bike...it didnt last one drunken ride back from the x-roads to 41st...gears bent, welds broken...it is no wonder when a thief stole my neighbors bikes they chose to break a lock over taking this thing freely propped against a wall.  :lol: 

i have no point to this story.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

photoblog. 

warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

so yeah...god i hope someone steals this thing soon...i dont feel like being a hypocrite and not feeling like trying to figure out how to recycle it...
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

warwickland wrote: so yeah...god i hope someone steals this thing soon...i dont feel like being a hypocrite and not feeling like trying to figure out how to recycle it...
Put a "For Sale" sign on it and say you want $25. Or $50. Then somebody will steal it!
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

Roanoker wrote: Put a "For Sale" sign on it and say you want $25. Or $50. Then somebody will steal it!
good idea...i just am not sure i want to waste a piece of paper and .0034 ounces of ink on this thing... :)