GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mean »

shinatoo wrote:Watch this a try to guess at which point my head exploded.
The point at which Getz's wife talked about the Royals playing in Kansas?
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

pash wrote:You like fake tits?
I don't dislike them. I guess it depends on the quality of craftsmanship. But she seams smart and like she has a good personality, which is what found attractive. Yep, that's what it was.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

mean wrote:
shinatoo wrote:Watch this a try to guess at which point my head exploded.
The point at which Getz's wife talked about the Royals playing in Kansas?
That was DeJesus' wife, and yes. Plus she seamed unaware that Getz plays for the Royals.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Sorry, I expected the woman who looked like a man was DeJesus's wife. Also, Get'z wife said her husband, "Used to play for the Royals," so I was doubly confused.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

mean wrote:Sorry, I expected the woman who looked like a man was DeJesus's wife. Also, Get'z wife said her husband, "Used to play for the Royals," so I was doubly confused.
Technically she's right. Getz has never played for the Royals. He's attended second base for most of two seasons, though.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Or depending on when it was taped he could have been in Omaha.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

Welcome back to the playoff roster and thanks for the 8 shut out innings and zero walks last night, Danny Duffy!

Too bad you weren't with us two months ago when we were forfeiting ever fifth day in the pitching rotation.
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by macnw »

Jesus, you're like a broken record. Stay in the present. This shoulda, woulda crap don't fly. It is what it is. Can't you just be glad Duffy is in the rotation? The Royals just picked up two games on Detroit in the last two days. Royals have demonstrated excellent pitching and hitting. Can't you focus on those? Try to look at today's game for what it is, not for what is should be. Stay in touch with the present, life is a lot better, win or lose.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Royals are 14-4 against the Twins

54-60 against everyone else.

Reminds me of 2003 when we dominated the hapless Tigers, and were under .500 against the rest of the league.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

If Detroit finishes the season (31 games) at a .355 clip, the Royals will have to go .667 (20/30) to beat them. Even with an amazing finish by the Royals, the Detroit collapse will have to be epic. There is definitely still a pulse, but the realists cannot hear it.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

bobbyhawks wrote:If Detroit finishes the season (31 games) at a .355 clip, the Royals will have to go .667 (20/30) to beat them. Even with an amazing finish by the Royals, the Detroit collapse will have to be epic. There is definitely still a pulse, but the realists cannot hear it.
So lower the casket but tie a string around there finger attached to a bell?
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I cannot begin to count how many times in my life I have feebly shouted "I feel happy!" Never gets old.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Chris Getz's wife will team up with David DeJesus' wife as contestants on the CBS show "The Amazing Race."

Let's hope they win so Getz can retire from baseball.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

macnw wrote:Jesus, you're like a broken record. Stay in the present. This shoulda, woulda crap don't fly. It is what it is. Can't you just be glad Duffy is in the rotation? The Royals just picked up two games on Detroit in the last two days. Royals have demonstrated excellent pitching and hitting. Can't you focus on those? Try to look at today's game for what it is, not for what is should be. Stay in touch with the present, life is a lot better, win or lose.
Or, in other words, just bury your head in the sand.

Anybody knows that the best predictor of future results is past performance. If ignoring the past and hoping for the best makes you happy, then Cheers to another Fantastic Season!!!

But, for those of us who would actually like to see a Royals team make the playoffs more than once every 30 years, living in the present can be a bit hollow. Things have to be viewed in context.

What is presently a nice 4 game winning streak was immediately preceded by a 7 game losing streak. And, what was an incredibly hot run after the All-Star break, essentially just attoned for our horrific May. This is the best Royals team in long time and it's still going to miss the playoffs by about 7 games, even with an extra wildcard.

Context.

This was our time to come to play. And with how shitty Davis has been (statistically one of the worst pitchers in the game), a lot of us are wondering whether Duffy should have been brought up a month earlier.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Yes, he's rehabbing from TJ surgery, let's rush him back as soon as we can. Not like we need him for the long run.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

1 game behind the Yankees, 2 behind Cleveland, 2 or 2 1/2 behind Baltimore. All three within reach. 6 behind the A's, will be hard to catch. The fat lady isn't singing yet but they are just about ready to call her up on stage.

No matter what the team has improved this year. Yes, some disappointing times but overall the end result should be good. Go ahead and be negative and look at only the negative things but those negatives do not take away the positives that have happened so far this year.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Congrats to the Royals for finally being as good as they should have been for the last 28 years.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

The past is past and as far as I know it cannot be changed. Look to the here and now and have hope for the future. That is something that hasn't happened yet nor can it be foretold accurately.