New Coaster coming to WOF

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: New Coaster coming to WOF

Post by kcdcchef »

KansasCityCraka wrote: Really nice looking roller coster! I hope they run several ad's showing the new coster to draw in a bigger attendance average.
they always get one helluva a spike on expansion years. their best years EVER were 84, fury of the nile, 80, orient, 89 timberwolf, and the mamba in 98. they always get crushed on years they add something major. and when something big happens for them.........like in 91, when timberwolf was rated the best wooden roller coaster in the world, they really got killed that summer too.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I think this is the year that WOF comes back and stays there for a while.  They now have four or five good coasters and a good selection of other rides.  I just hope they re tracked the Timber Wolf to smooth it out and we have a pretty nice park again.  I think they should combine the parks though, especially if KCK gets Schlitterbaun.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

GRID wrote: I think this is the year that WOF comes back and stays there for a while.  They now have four or five good coasters and a good selection of other rides.  I just hope they re tracked the Timber Wolf to smooth it out and we have a pretty nice park again.  I think they should combine the parks though, especially if KCK gets Schlitterbaun.
best thing worlds can do is keep on expanding. make it the great park like the ohio ones they operate. keep it competitive. and for the love of god, make an attempt to get the landscaping good again.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcdcchef wrote: make an attempt to get the landscaping good again.
Glad someone else gets this.  There are lots of people who go to amusement parks who are too chicken shit to ride anything - odds are there are at least one or two in every group.  If you want these people to have a good experience the atmosphere has to be nice.  Worlds of Fun has been failing at this for a long while.  It is not a park that you can easily convince non-thrill rider to go to.  They need to pay a lot more attention to the landscaping, pathways, restaurants, etc. 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Glad someone else gets this.  There are lots of people who go to amusement parks who are too chicken shit to ride anything - odds are there are at least one or two in every group.  If you want these people to have a good experience the atmosphere has to be nice.  Worlds of Fun has been failing at this for a long while.  It is not a park that you can easily convince non-thrill rider to go to.  They need to pay a lot more attention to the landscaping, pathways, restaurants, etc. 
it was consistently the most beautiful theme park in america. then when hunt midwest sold it, it all changed.
Missionite
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Missionite »

In case anyone is interested in some of the other things going on at the park, there are a few.

1.  Addition of Patriot -- Obviously. Supposedly, the ride will have an amazing light pacakge with LED lights and other thematic lighting elements.  8)

2.  Timber Wolf TLC -- expect a much smoother ride next year as it looks like the majority of the ride will, in fact, be re-tracked.

3.  Restrooms -- Most of the restrooms will be upgraded in some way. Some will be demolished to make way for new facilities while others will be getting interior upgrades. This is definitely welcome news!

4.  HalloWeekends -- HalloWeekends has been an amazing success for the park. The park will once again expand its HalloWeekends selection of attractions and haunts next year, though details still aren't availalble.

5.  General upgrades -- Expect a shiny new plaza where Beat Street once stood with new concrete midway instead of existing black top asphalt midway. Also expect a new Patriot gift shop.

6.  Theming -- The park has really taken a new position on the park's theme. Theming enhancements will continue to be made throughout the park in the coming seasons. Some of the restrooms that will be re-built will be built with their location's theme in mind.

7.  Rockin' Reeler -- This ride is gone. For those who liked the ride...sorry.

Matt
Discover America's Theme Parks @ www.ThemeParksMagazine.com
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Missionite wrote: In case anyone is interested in some of the other things going on at the park, there are a few.

1.  Addition of Patriot -- Obviously. Supposedly, the ride will have an amazing light pacakge with LED lights and other thematic lighting elements.  8)

2.  Timber Wolf TLC -- expect a much smoother ride next year as it looks like the majority of the ride will, in fact, be re-tracked.

3.  Restrooms -- Most of the restrooms will be upgraded in some way. Some will be demolished to make way for new facilities while others will be getting interior upgrades. This is definitely welcome news!

4.  HalloWeekends -- HalloWeekends has been an amazing success for the park. The park will once again expand its HalloWeekends selection of attractions and haunts next year, though details still aren't availalble.

5.  General upgrades -- Expect a shiny new plaza where Beat Street once stood with new concrete midway instead of existing black top asphalt midway. Also expect a new Patriot gift shop.

6.  Theming -- The park has really taken a new position on the park's theme. Theming enhancements will continue to be made throughout the park in the coming seasons. Some of the restrooms that will be re-built will be built with their location's theme in mind.

7.  Rockin' Reeler -- This ride is gone. For those who liked the ride...sorry.

Matt
great updates bro!!

rockin reeler always kind of sucked. worlds of fun, over the past 33 seasons, has been very consistent in ripping something out when they put in something new. however, they do tend to hold on to the rides they yank, unless they are colossal ones ( zinger, express ) and a lot of times they come back. the omegatron came back, the wobble wheel got reinvented as cyclone sams cloud poofer, octopus has came back TWICE, so, i always look closely at what comes out, and wait and see if and when it comes back. and it makes sense, when you spend this type of capital, this ride is expensive as FUCK for them, it means more limited means in the next season usually. however, i have heard whispers they are putting in another coaster in 2 years, on the worlds of fun forum.

stay tuned!!
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Boognish »

We always referred to the Rock N' Reeler as the "Tetanus" because for the person sitting on the outside, there was always this jagged, rusty bolt the size of a bagel that would jab into the side of your thigh painfully.

Ah the memories.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Boognish wrote: We always referred to the Rock N' Reeler as the "Tetanus" because for the person sitting on the outside, there was always this jagged, rusty bolt the size of a bagel that would jab into the side of your thigh painfully.

Ah the memories.
i actually remember going to worlds of fun, as an employee, for the employee party they had at the begining of the season when they added the rockin reeler, the skyliner, and beat street. man, it was such crap. but, it was nice to see them use that area near the old cotton blossom.

do not get me started on the cotton blossom. i understand the express, and the zinger, but the cotton blossom, that historic, beautiful old boat, to shitcan it, that was terrible.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

kcdcchef wrote: i actually remember going to worlds of fun, as an employee, for the employee party they had at the begining of the season when they added the rockin reeler, the skyliner, and beat street. man, it was such crap. but, it was nice to see them use that area near the old cotton blossom.

do not get me started on the cotton blossom. i understand the express, and the zinger, but the cotton blossom, that historic, beautiful old boat, to shitcan it, that was terrible.
was the cotton blossom the boat you walked over at one of the entrances?
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

schugg wrote: was the cotton blossom the boat you walked over at one of the entrances?
nah, that was the henrietta. the cotton blossom was near the old americana entrance, a huge riverboat. in the 80's. they used the upper decks for old time photos, and a restaurant called the paddle wheel cafe, then it became only a gift shop on the lower level.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

k,    gotcha now :)
jj116533
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by jj116533 »

On the yesterday, the Patriot took its firist test ride, it was filled with water filled dummies.  It was a complete success, and they are just putting the finishing touches on the station and scenery, get ready this thing is a MONSTER, opening day april 8th.
Student at NYU studying Metropolitan Studies and Economic Theory.  Real Estate connoisseur.
http://twitter.com/#!/grecobs
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

what's the status on The Patriot's companion ride, The Patriot Act?  it is a fabulous attraction where families are sequestered in tiny cages indefinitely, with no contact with the outside world.  world of fun indeed!
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

chrizow wrote: what's the status on The Patriot's companion ride, The Patriot Act?  it is a fabulous attraction where families are sequestered in tiny cages indefinitely, with no contact with the outside world.  world of fun indeed!
I can picture it now . . . Toby Kieth singing about how he is going to kick you in your turban-wearing ass playing in the background while you wait in line.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

jj116533 wrote: On the yesterday, the Patriot took its firist test ride, it was filled with water filled dummies.  It was a complete success, and they are just putting the finishing touches on the station and scenery, get ready this thing is a MONSTER, opening day april 8th.
Thanks for the update, can't wait to ride it!
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

GRID wrote: Thanks for the update, can't wait to ride it!
if you go to www.worldsoffun.org    the unofficial website for the park, there are multiple pictures of the counstruction, and the first ride
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

I haven't been to WOF since they took out the Orient Express my favorite ride was the Zambezi Zinger... :(
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

[glow=royalblue,1,300]The Patriot
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

^ awesome!