OFFICIAL: 4646 Broadway (George Birt tries the Plaza)

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

tat2kc wrote:the fence and gate are also there to protect the residents with mentail health issues, including Alzhiemers (sp) from wandering off o hurting themselves. I have absolutely no problems with a fenced in "compound" in this instance.
That front gate is open most of the time anyway. If they are relying on a gate to control patients instead of the staff, I think they've got some serious issues. These are people, not pets.

If they really are patients in such a diminished mental state, then what good does it do for them to be in the urban core?
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

bishop spencer---better than what was there

Post by moderne »

I have lived 2 blocks from BSP (or what was there prior) for 14 years. While I dont care for the cheap anti urban architecture, it is a hell of a lot better than the ghetto that existed there before. Bunch of crack houses and even burnt out shells. At least the BSP residents are well heeled (it costs a fortune to live there) At least hooray for Temple Slugs plans for expansion and tea room if it ever gets done.
JBinKC
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by JBinKC »

I saw Temple Slug's plans 2 weeks ago and I think they look nice. They fit in with the scale of the neighborhood. The biggest plus of their expansion is that they are planning on putting in old fashioned street lights and making side walk and sewage improvements on 43rd St that the city won't buck up and pay for.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Last edited by Deleted User on Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

BSP and 43rd street

Post by moderne »

All that empty green space setback was put in as there are plans by the city someday to widen and improve 43rd street. There will be a turn lane in the center of the steet like on Wesport Rd. When this will happen I have no clue, very dissappointed in our district councilman.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

is it approved?
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

KansasCityCraka wrote:is it approved?
yes...I think groundwork is already being done on it. Reece and Nichols also has 4646 condos listed on their web site.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

good! I always thought those were cool looking
BVC
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by BVC »

Walking by it this weekend, nothing has been done except for putting the signs up but they have been there for months. Sales are ongoing as my realtor has been hitting me up to purchase one of the units.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

I don't care for green glass on any building. Looks cheap. Dark blue would look good though.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I'm surprised they are asking $1.6 million for 2-bedroom, 2-bath condos on the Plaza. Pretty steep prices for the Midwest. Condos in The Walnuts are regularly advertised for up to $1.2 million. I'm not so surprised about those prices though. The Walnuts is in a parklike setting. The interiors of the apartments are supposed to be quite regal and grand. I imagine something along the lines of rich, wood paneled walls, marble floors, high beamed ceilings with chandeliers, large rooms, and detailed architectural elements. There's one advertised for that price now, but it's 4,000 sq. feet and has 4 bedrooms and 4.5 baths. The HOA fee is $2,560 a month.

I think I'd rather live in The Walnuts than 4646 Broadway, but that's just me.

Has anyone ever been in one of the really swank apartments at The Walnuts?
There is no fifth destination.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

FangKC wrote:I'm surprised they are asking $1.6 million for 2-bedroom, 2-bath condos on the Plaza. Pretty steep prices for the Midwest. Condos in The Walnuts are regularly advertised for up to $1.2 million. I'm not so surprised about those prices though. The Walnuts is in a parklike setting. The interiors of the apartments are supposed to be quite regal and grand. I imagine something along the lines of rich, wood paneled walls, marble floors, high beamed ceilings with chandeliers, large rooms, and detailed architectural elements. There's one advertised for that price now, but it's 4,000 sq. feet and has 4 bedrooms and 4.5 baths. The HOA fee is $2,560 a month.

I think I'd rather live in The Walnuts than 4646 Broadway, but that's just me.

Has anyone ever been in one of the really swank apartments at The Walnuts?
When you get past the $1 M mark...does price really even matter anymore? People with enough income are more or less buying stuff because it is that price. Not that upper income people will throw their money around, but it reminds me of why Barney's sells $650 men's shirts.
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

I just now read this thread and I have to say that I love that building. It looks beautiful. I just wish they would have put it in downtown somewhere. Hopefully once all the shops and such open down there we will see a lot of those sorts of projects happen in that area.
ohni24

Post by ohni24 »

There is a trailer, backhoe, and a cherrypicker at the site. Hope construction begins soon. I thought they were going to break ground last month.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: OFFICIAL: 4646 Broadway (George Birt tries the Plaza)

Post by trailerkid »

It looks like about half the units are spoken for according to the website.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

Groundbreaking party is Wednesday, 4/27 from 5-8.
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

sooooooo............ anyone know what's going on?  I went by there and saw this (yesterday)..........

looks promising.....like they might actually break ground soon......
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

going by there today, looks like they have definitely started work.  There's a lot of churned up soil.
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

ComandanteCero wrote: sooooooo............ anyone know what's going on?  I went by there and saw this (yesterday)..........

looks promising.....like they might actually break ground soon......
They have had those signs up for at least 2 months now