Cauthen Speaks

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: Cauthen Speaks

Post by DaveKCMO »

K.C.Highrise wrote: So is he fired?
no. the council can now renegotiate his contract with new performance measures, which was the intent all along.
K.C.Highrise
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by K.C.Highrise »

Just checking.
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

From an outsider looking in, I would say kudos to Cauthen as he has helped put KC back on the map. I think he is a man with a vissionary plan with the motivation to get it done.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

K.C.Highrise wrote: So is he fired?
Only if you believe Tony. Because terminating an employee's contract so you can renegotiate it never happens!

Oh yeah, except in every industry with contractors.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

If the intent of the council is to fire him he would have been gone long ago.  In other words why keep someone around you no longer want.  At the same time there has been no speculation that Cauthen is looking elsewhere for employment.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
K.C.Highrise
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by K.C.Highrise »

It was a question. Chill out guys.  :roll:
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I know, I wasn't trying to get on your ass. It just infuriates me when people assume that "contract negotiations" is code for "firing" (see, Tony "the tard" Botello).
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

City manager contract negotiations detailed
The documents obtained by The Star show that the council’s proposed performance measures include:

• Increasing, by specific percentages, the number of citizens who are satisfied with the condition of city streets, enforcement of city codes and quality of police, fire and ambulance services.

• Decreasing the percentage of substandard roads and bridges, and decreasing the amount of time it takes to resolve illegal dumping and stormwater complaints.

• Boosting the number of employed people in Kansas City, increasing earnings tax revenue and the city’s reserve funds.

Cauthen has countered with modifications to many of those performance measures, including requirements that the council give him resources to accomplish those tasks.

Harris said Cauthen thinks it is fair to use citizen survey results to evaluate his performance, but only those that relate to his duties as city manager.

Harris said the council has proposed that Cauthen’s performance be based in part on residents’ views of public safety and ambulance service, which he does not oversee.
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

Well it's happened....FUCKY finally FIRED Wayne.  It's a dark day in KC, and possibly the WORST mistake he's made.  When will everyone wake up and realize he is DESTROYING KANSAS CITY!

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/8812

Who's the next CM????  Front runners are Ed Wolfe and Vicky Noteis....who's your vote for?
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

why have you done this kcmo???
Czar
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Czar »

The Funk is power thirsty.  I would not be suprised if he nominates himself for City Manager.  I think he wants to take my title, Czar of Kansas City.
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

I'd like to formally nominate Shoeless Glo for CM.  After all she has toes on the "pulse" of the City.  

BTW....how much is WC's buyout?  I heard it was a big one.    
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

this is shit.

fire away, peoples!

mayor@kcmo.org
Phone: (816) 513-3500
Fax: (816) 513-3518
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

wow.  glad funk could give us such specifics on his decision. 

where is the recall petition? i will now gladly sign it...i was trying to give funk a chance but this move does it for me.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

kard wrote: this is shit.

fire away, peoples!

mayor@kcmo.org
Phone: (816) 513-3500
Fax: (816) 513-3518
Whatever Kard, :roll: anybody with a brain knew this was tandem with voting in funk.

This will be a huge, HUGE loss for KCMO, especially when it comes to economic development (he has been our eco dev guy since funk was elected since funk can’t and won’t do it).  Also, bringing the entire community (east side/northland etc) together for projects like light rail will be extremely difficult without somebody like Cauthen.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

A lot of what Funk has done so far I may disagree with, but I won't fault him for it.  Firing Cauthen (or failing to renew his contract) is the first thing he has done that has really stirred my concern for the future of the city.  This was a terrible move. 
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

True...  During the campaign Funkhouser all but came out and said he'd get rid of Cauthen.  The only surprise here is that he took eight months to do it.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

GRID wrote: Whatever Kard, :roll: anybody with a brain knew this was tandem with voting in funk.
Yea Kard, you don't have a brain!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Highlander wrote: A lot of what Funk has done so far I may disagree with, but I won't fault him for it.  Firing Cauthen (or failing to renew his contract) is the first thing he has done that has really stirred my concern for the future of the city.  This was a terrible move. 
I agree, insofar as it's the first thing that really raises a possible red flag. I really thought Funkhouser would keep Cauthen as a sort of counterbalance. But it's stupid to get all up in arms about it before we know who the next CM will be.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I have to imagine that this will turn into every bit as much of a public relations fiasco as the Sempler affair.  I wonder how Funk will justify the firing to the various african american interests.  Did nobody tell him that "I just couldn't work with the guy . . . " doesn't fly when dismissing major political appointees.